Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 108 of 170 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2542
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Yep there really aren't holes springing everywhere. I think we'd be wise to address the OL proactively considering Long's durability as well as Sutton's age but the options in FA aren't that appealing so I think Pace will draft a couple. I fully expect to be most aggressive in FA going for offensive playmakers and pass rushers. We already have a tailor-made situation for a #1 WR to step into (agreed SF is major competition) and what pass rusher wouldn't want to play behind Hicks, Goldman, etc.

Then you gotta account for guys like Bullard or maybe Jordan Morgan progressing in their second years and possibly becoming starters.

We are very well set up.
    Yep. Outside of WR i dont think anything is Killer. I would like a pass rusher but Mcphee and Young could survive for another year. I would like an OT but massie would not kill me. Retaining our CBs is huge but that to me is easier than finding some.

I disagree about the interior line though but im just on the impression its too hard to give up on any of these guys. We could surely use depth..... But i think Sutton being our only good OL you can't give up on. Whitehair obviously is too young to give up on and shows too much. And while some of you are giving up on long it seems. He just got a contract and we can't afford to do that.

Im all for drafting some guys to compete in the later rounds But honestly i would also love to see how Hiestand can mold Whitehair and maybe help long and the line as a whole.

The amount of targets have a lot more to do with playcalling and teams. If you flipped teams for Howard and Ingram, Iím sure the amount of targets wouldnít be the same as above. So that doesnít prove anything as to who is better.

Never said he was a great pass catcher either...just saying that he isnít as bad or incapable as you are saying. Yes, heís not LeíVeon bell or Todd Gurley, but heís a strength to our team, and probably top 10 in league

Also, as someone else pointed out, the bears have no other offensive weapons to scare a defense, thatís why itís a little bit harder for passes to our RBís to be as effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Yep. Outside of WR i dont think anything is Killer. I would like a pass rusher but Mcphee and Young could survive for another year. I would like an OT but massie would not kill me. Retaining our CBs is huge but that to me is easier than finding some.

I disagree about the interior line though but im just on the impression its too hard to give up on any of these guys. We could surely use depth..... But i think Sutton being our only good OL you can't give up on. Whitehair obviously is too young to give up on and shows too much. And while some of you are giving up on long it seems. He just got a contract and we can't afford to do that.

Im all for drafting some guys to compete in the later rounds But honestly i would also love to see how Hiestand can mold Whitehair and maybe help long and the line as a whole.
    It's not that I wish to get rid of anybody on the IL but it feels like a bit of a house of cards at the moment and adding depth is a must to me.

You want to go into the year counting on McPhee and Young? Kill me now.

I'm not giving up on any of these guys. O-lineman are very volatile though, even more so when injuries pile up like they have with Kyle Long. He's not exactly young (29) and hasn't played a full season in 2 years. I don't know if you can truly count on him moving forward on a week to week basis. He's still very good when he's in there, but again, you can't count on that. Sitton isn't young either (32 at the start of next season), missed the last 4 games with an ankle injury, and is a year away from FA.

Cody is really the only longterm guy we have on the interior, so IMO if we don't start throwing resources at those spots soon it could get ugly in a hurry. I'll also point out that Pace has drafted an interior lineman in each of his 3 drafts (Grasu, Cody, Morgan). I'd wager there's a very good chance of that happening again this April.

This is why I love Nelson. He'd likely solidify one of those spots for at least the next 5 years. I'm not saying he has to be the pick, but I'm hoping an interior guy is taken at some point early in this draft.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-12-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I hope Morgan can become something. It'd really help us out on the interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Eric Kush is a nice depth piece. Apparently the Bears already have him under contract for next year too? So that's cool. Albeit, I understand why people would still want more depth

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

I hope Morgan can become something. It'd really help us out on the interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for some backup on Cohen. Iím excited to see how this staff will utilize him

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    It's not that I wish to get rid of anybody on the IL but it feels like a bit of a house of cards at the moment and adding depth is a must to me.
    Im all for adding depth. But i think that giving up on them (drafting a guy like nelson) seems ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    You want to go into the year counting on McPhee and Young? Kill me now.
    Want to. Abaolutly not. But we may have to unless we commit to a pass rusher in the first or 2nd round. FA has little to nothing to offer. And can we really say we have the ability to go pass rush. I think OT and WR are both going to be high up on that list. With this new system and everyone wanting their project players.

It 100% would not surpize me to see us get a WR and go hard in the draft offense.

Landry+ Resigning Cam + a guy like Ridley or Kirk in the first.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 01-12-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    Why would we trade away a RB that is a young, productive cornerstone of our already lacking offense to get a WR that could be a young cornerstone of our offense? Thats a horizontal move, and you have to hope the RB we draft pans out. Weíd be better off keeping howard and using our draft capital and money to attack WR through FA and the draft. And im tired of hearing about how you think he cant catch Kyben, because heís fantastic at everything else, and heís not THAT bad at catching. You want to throw away a great RB bc heís not the best at catching but your plan is to replace him with an unknown rookie RB (and it wont be barkley barring a trade up). Rookie RBs are not surefire picks, no matter how high theyíre drafted: ron dayne, cedric benson, trent richardson, eddie lacy to name a few.
    Actually its not a horizontal move. Already have invested lots of time and training. Would be a big waste.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Im all for adding depth. But i think that giving up on them (drafting a guy like nelson) seems ridiculous.
    Yeah I don't want to do that. My preferred scenario is to trade back but if he stays put I want either a pass rusher or a corner. They're just a more pressing need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Just looking at the first round, if the Bears lock into a couple WR they deem worthy of a first round pick and thatís the route they want to go, a trade down could make sense. Say the Redskins lose Cousins and want a QB. Could say trade #8 to the Redskins for #13, #78 (Rd3) and a future 3rd rounder in 2019.

Bears could still get probably any of the WRs (Ridley, Kirk, Sutton) that they like and they nab a 3rd rounder that they lack plus an extra pick for next year.

This is based on the fact that they want to draft a WR in the first. I donít want to do this, I like BPA but it makes sense if they go WR.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Just looking at the first round, if the Bears lock into a couple WR they deem worthy of a first round pick and thatís the route they want to go, a trade down could make sense. Say the Redskins lose Cousins and want a QB. Could say trade #8 to the Redskins for #13, #78 (Rd3) and a future 3rd rounder in 2019.

Bears could still get probably any of the WRs (Ridley, Kirk, Sutton) that they like and they nab a 3rd rounder that they lack plus an extra pick for next year.

This is based on the fact that they want to draft a WR in the first. I donít want to do this, I like BPA but it makes sense if they go WR.
    Im all for a trade dowm..... Especially if they are into WR which I think none deserve a top 10 pick this year.

And conaidering how well pace and comp have done with later picks. (Kwit Bullard Howard Jackson Cohen. ) i would really love additional picks. He has his misses too dont get me wrong...... But he has a lot of good find that are at worst quality depth.