Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 76 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2542
  1. #1126
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    My most ideal mocks right now both involve trade down because I want 2 WR, an OT, and 2 defenders in the first 4 rounds.....

    Trade down and still get ridley or Arden Tate (on a bigger trade down)

    1.15 (a trade down no later than 15): Calvin Ridley-WR....

    2 Joshua Jackson CB > Harold Landry-OLB
    Both are higher in fan mocks than draft site mocks where they come in as 2nd rounders.... Good value for us early if one falls, but both are players that could move before draft time. Either way, position of need (ballhawk corner or very productive pass rusher)... Only listing Landry below Jackson because he's admittedly a run support liability. It's also possible there's an OT prospect here that falls, or a really strong WR prospect like Arden Tate slides (it's too early to have 100% exact draft positions on many people yet, Basically everyone I'm talking about in this pick being a prime example)

    2-3 (our trade down's pickup): Jaleel Scott-WR
    6'6'' monster WR

    4a I'm looking at a developmental pass rush. Sione Teuhema-OLB, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo-OLB both names to consider that are graded in this range right now...

    4b I'm looking hard at Brandon Parker-OT (from NC A&T, where Cohen is from)
    I'll be both shocked and disappointed if Pace waits until the 4th to address the pass rush. We're relying on Floyd (who hasn't played a full season yet) and the corpse of Pernell Mcphee (who's almost certainly going to be released), have zero depth behind them and there's nobody worth pursuing in FA.

    This roster isn't in a place where they just go WR crazy in the draft and punt on other positions or fail to add depth either.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-18-2017 at 06:53 PM.

  2. #1127
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I still think if you're drafting Ridley or any WR in the 1st round that it means Pace failed in FA. He has to come away with 2 starters in a deep class. Gotta address pass rusher, corner, or O-line with that 1st because those positions are very thin in FA.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    We don't need 2 starters at WR, we need 3... so that we have a total of 4 players worth putting on the field, and don't immediately fall apart when one of the first three gets injured (which is at this point for our team, an inevitability)... And having 4 healthy ones would enable us to threaten downfield more by having at least one trying to push deep constantly (and then rotating as they start gassing out)

    I'd add, that even acknowledging both pass rush and corner as a need, our defense was hardly the problem this year... nor is it imo remotely as important as stacking Mitch with the tools he needs to fix our fairly pathetic offense.

  3. #1128
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    42,808

  4. #1129
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,889
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'll be both shocked and disappointed if Pace waits until the 4th to address the pass rush. We're relying on Floyd (who hasn't played a full season yet) and the corpse of Pernell Mcphee (who's almost certainly going to be released), have zero depth behind them and there's nobody worth pursuing in FA.

    This roster isn't in a place where they just go WR crazy in the draft and punt on other positions or fail to add depth either.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Yep. Pace needs to get a pass rusher early. Preferably Chubb or perhaps Key if he looks to be over the injuries and his character checks out. I think one of Young/Houston/McPhee will stick. I'd like to see Pace go after Trent Murphy as part of the rotation and then hopefully end up with Chubb in the 1st. Chubb/Floyd/Murphy/Young is a good group. I wouldn't be opposed to double dipping either and going OLB in the 1st and 4th if need be.

  5. #1130
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    We don't need 2 starters at WR, we need 3... so that we have a total of 4 players worth putting on the field, and don't immediately fall apart when one of the first three gets injured (which is at this point for our team, an inevitability)... And having 4 healthy ones would enable us to threaten downfield more by having at least one trying to push deep constantly (and then rotating as they start gassing out)
    Two FA's, preferably on the outside, re-sign Wright & Cam. That's the ideal scenario for me. I'm fine with drafting a WR at some point, just not in the 1st round. Value-wise it just doesn't make sense unless you believe Ridley is an elite prospect. I'll even say, I like Ridley, but I don't like him more than Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, Key, Ward, and probably whoever separates himself as the top OT prospect come April. Those are all needs and unless Pace whiffs in the worst way possible in FA, they'll likely be better values for this roster.

    I'd add, that even acknowledging both pass rush and corner as a need, our defense was hardly the problem this year... nor is it imo remotely as important as stacking Mitch with the tools he needs to fix our fairly pathetic offense.
    There's a scenario where we have to add two new CB's (I don't expect it, but it's not implausible either), the O-line is nowhere near a finished product (probably needs 2 new guys), OLB is a much bigger need than you're willing to admit. While the Defense wasn't the problem this year, it's not a great unit either. They're 14th in DVOA this year, a hair above average, so there's clearly room for improvement and they definitely need more depth. Just because the Offense needs to be tailored around Trubisky (and I'm not even disputing that) doesn't mean you neglect other needs.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-18-2017 at 10:01 PM.

  6. #1131
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,789
    Wrong thread

  7. #1132
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,663
    I would be fine with addressing the WR position as follows:

    FA - D. Adams
    FA - T. Pryor
    Re-sign - Meredith & Wright
    Still on roster: White

    That would give CHI much more depth than they currently have, some size (Pryor) on the outside and a couple slot options.

    I don't think any of Adams, Pryor, Wright, or Meredith are #1s, but they are, together, much more options than for Trubisky to target.

    This would also allow Pace to address pass rusher early in the first round of the draft. It should also allow Pace to keep one CB, say Prince, and sign another FA. Adams and Pryor shouldn't break the bank so much that they prohibit Pace from pursuing another decent/good CB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #1133
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,789
    After more thought (you can see in the head coaching replacement thread) i think i an more on board with going all in on offense. The idea of not maximizing mitch scares me to death. Especially after seeing how those first few rough chicago years affected Jay cutler.

    Honestly. I would be fine going all in.

    Landry + Cam

    Draft

    1st best WR/OT
    2nd besr OT/WR

    Give Mitch all the weapons he can. Get an offensive minded head coach. And lets at least make him into a good player now. The defense can be build up later

  9. #1134
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    After more thought (you can see in the head coaching replacement thread) i think i an more on board with going all in on offense. The idea of not maximizing mitch scares me to death. Especially after seeing how those first few rough chicago years affected Jay cutler.

    Honestly. I would be fine going all in.

    Landry + Cam

    Draft

    1st best WR/OT
    2nd besr OT/WR

    Give Mitch all the weapons he can. Get an offensive minded head coach. And lets at least make him into a good player now. The defense can be build up later
    I agree with catering things to Mitch, and it's part of the reason I'd be in favor of so aggressively pursuing WRs.... That said, in my mind it's not just about giving him help, but also about removing potential excuses. If I'm loading up the WRs and OL, then as far as I'm concerned he's got 1 year to develop the new guys, and by year 2 I'm expecting him to produce at a high level or I'm looking to be drafting a new QB. We held onto Cutler far too long because we kept playing that game... "Oh he just needs XXX" or "YYY".... then we'd draft exactly none of those things in favor of stacking the defense and repeat the pattern.... Nuts to that, load the offense up and see how he produces...

    Mitch has shown some great things this year, for a rookie.... but it's hard to really say how good he is or is not yet, when his best receiver this season is ideally our WR# 5 next year.

  10. #1135
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    I agree with catering things to Mitch, and it's part of the reason I'd be in favor of so aggressively pursuing WRs.... That said, in my mind it's not just about giving him help, but also about removing potential excuses. If I'm loading up the WRs and OL, then as far as I'm concerned he's got 1 year to develop the new guys, and by year 2 I'm expecting him to produce at a high level or I'm looking to be drafting a new QB. We held onto Cutler far too long because we kept playing that game... "Oh he just needs XXX" or "YYY".... then we'd draft exactly none of those things in favor of stacking the defense and repeat the pattern.... Nuts to that, load the offense up and see how he produces...

    Mitch has shown some great things this year, for a rookie.... but it's hard to really say how good he is or is not yet, when his best receiver this season is ideally our WR# 5 next year.
    I agree but to be fair with jay i don't know if they were excuses or just facts. You can say we played the what if game with him but the truth is by the time we actually had some amount of success with both the line and Receivers having at least some tallent we had given him 3-4 years of total **** to work with. To me. By that time unfortunatly you likely broke his confidence. And by the time he is a 6 year vet your not going to be changing his tendencies any more. In reality they needed to be grown on from his 3rd to 4th year. Instead he was thrown into a new system and set up for hard times for 3 years.

    I mean. Think about it this way. Can you name a WR from the bears prior to 2012 when we got Alshon and Marshall ??? Knox was probably the best WR we had for him. Other than maybe Greg Olsen who we gave up on way too soon. And the offensive line was consistantly having issues. Between Orlando Pace or Jamarcus Webb. I honestly think 2013 (4 years after we aquired him. And 7 years into the league) was the first time we gave hin a real shot with the Wepons (Marshall Alshon Bennet and Forte) and line (Bushrod Slausen garza and Long) to see how he could do. And in all honesty. It was easily his best rated year as a bear.

    So the question is. How much could he have grown if he has had that in his 2nd year here while there is still time to improve and change. Vs his 4th. And would the OC carousell have maybe ended due to his success.

    I just want mitch to have that now. So he can grow with it. Not by the time he is more or less set in stone. I think a good comparison is Bradford who never had the help to give him a real shot for success in St Louis.

  11. #1136
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    My most ideal mocks right now both involve trade down because I want 2 WR, an OT, and 2 defenders in the first 4 rounds.....

    Trade down and still get ridley or Arden Tate (on a bigger trade down)

    1.15 (a trade down no later than 15): Calvin Ridley-WR....

    2 Joshua Jackson CB > Harold Landry-OLB
    Both are higher in fan mocks than draft site mocks where they come in as 2nd rounders.... Good value for us early if one falls, but both are players that could move before draft time. Either way, position of need (ballhawk corner or very productive pass rusher)... Only listing Landry below Jackson because he's admittedly a run support liability. It's also possible there's an OT prospect here that falls, or a really strong WR prospect like Arden Tate slides (it's too early to have 100% exact draft positions on many people yet, Basically everyone I'm talking about in this pick being a prime example)

    2-3 (our trade down's pickup): Jaleel Scott-WR
    6'6'' monster WR

    4a I'm looking at a developmental pass rush. Sione Teuhema-OLB, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo-OLB both names to consider that are graded in this range right now...

    4b I'm looking hard at Brandon Parker-OT (from NC A&T, where Cohen is from)
    Brandon Parker could be a real find at 6'7" 300 lbs. Look very athletic too. NC A&T in the 4th two years in a row??

    https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/brandon-parker/

    "If an NFL GM was reading this (Which they do), how would you sell yourself in a couple sentences?"


    "I am a God fearing young man with endless potential and will outwork anyone. I understand Iím coming from a smaller school so I have no fear of competing with bigger talent and proving myself to be dominant"

    Sounds like he is made of the right stuff. Just whether he can overcome the small school issues. Likely need a development year but I like him from the little bit I have seen.
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

  12. #1137
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    42,808

  13. #1138
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,252
    If the best player available in Round 1 when the Bears pick is a QB, do they draft him?
    I'm not as think as you bad off I am...
    I have a split personality, and so do I.

  14. #1139
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,280
    Glass Joe😂 be happy when we can stop caring about the latest on the Kyle Long injury status.

  15. #1140
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,789
    Quote Originally Posted by 4cubs View Post
    If the best player available in Round 1 when the Bears pick is a QB, do they draft him?
    Cant see how you can give up on mitch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •