Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2000
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by dikimbemutumbo View Post
    I would just so much rather take a CB, DL, or Pass Rusher if they are there than an OT in the first. There is so much DL / CB depth in this draft I would love to get a DE to start across hicks in a trade down then target a second round RT to replace Massie and use the 2nd round pick from a trade down on a WR. I'm also not sold on the 1st round tackles in this draft and feel taking one would be too need based (i.e. chris Williams & gabe carimi). McGlinchey showed some issues dealing with speed that don't scream 1st round LT to me. Connor Williams knee issues and questionable technique really concern me. Feel other guys can be had in 2nd. Go get an impact defensive player in the first in my mind.
    I just would rather sure up the offense to the best of our ability (imptovong both the passing and running game) and maximize mitch while he is still in development.

I know our D may suffee because of it..... But if we can make mitch 1-2% better by making his life easier..... I would do it.

I get the desire to improve the D. But makimg sure mitch succedes is way more important.

I like at least 3 OT more than McGlinchey. Just not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I just would rather sure up the offense to the best of our ability (imptovong both the passing and running game) and maximize mitch while he is still in development.

I know our D may suffee because of it..... But if we can make mitch 1-2% better by making his life easier..... I would do it.

I get the desire to improve the D. But makimg sure mitch succedes is way more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    This is what I mean. If a guy looked like a Joe Thomas, Brandon Scherff, Matt Khalil, Tryon Smith, Jack Concklin type this year I'd be all for it. But mid-late 1st round tackles outside the top 10 don't have high hit rates, and this doesn't even seem like a strong tackle class. I'm not sure there is a top 10 worthy tackle in this class, and odds are an equal talent is available in the second round I believe at least until I look more into some of these guys. I'm not sold that McGlinchy + Leno is that much better than Leno + Massie or Leno + a 2nd round Tackle. Seems like taking a guy for the sake of taking an OT early (like Chris Williams and Gabe Carimi). I'd prefer Ridley or Sutton to McGlinchey in a trade down.

I really just hope Pace throws a ton of money at Solder and tackle is not a glaring need going into the draft. It doesn't seem like the Pats have interest in paying him and he is a good locker room guy and reliable regarding injury history after he beat cancer. I'd bet that McGlinchey goes somewhere between 10-20, but probably deserves to be somewhere closer to 20-30.
    Last edited by dikimbemutumbo; 12-14-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    Ditka, Bears, Sausage, and Unleashing the Dragon

It's a deep tackle class, but there's no surefire guy among them. Very little separation between the 1-5ish prospects, so you're likely getting better value by taking one in the 2nd round as opposed to the top 10.

If I'm taking any OL prospect where we're currently slotted, 7th, it's Quenton Nelson. He's getting David DeCastro comps. Adding him to a Whitehair and hopefully healthy Long interior would be great.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2017 FA/Trades/Cuts/General FO Office Discussion Vol IV

Not a big fan of taking an OG that high. Even if he is as good as DeCastro. I understand the reasoning behind it but I would much rather grab an OLB, Smith, or a CB
    Last edited by KG2TB; 12-15-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Will be interesting to see what comes out on Arden Key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arden Key or Bradley Chubb for me. If the Bears pick around seven theres a good chance one will be there. Theres a good possibility three QBs go, Barkley, James, Fitzpatrick. Odds are Chubb is gone but Key having a down year may be a blessing for the Bears. Key and Floyd off the edge with Hicks and Goldman up the middle is nasty.

Use free agency to spend big on one of the top WR, plus Cam, 4th rounder, and bring back Inman/Wright. White will still be around one more year.

The draft value for OT seems to be in the 2nd-3rd. The Bears can get a solid RT in the 2nd to take over for Massie day 1. (Hyatt, Williams, Rankin, Jones).

CB to me is where it gets interesting. Prince/Fuller is a toss up. I dont think they can afford to let both walk, unless they go with Fitzpatrick and plan on Cooper starting next year. To me, that spells disaster. I think the Bears sign both to front loaded three year deals and spend a 4th or 5th on corner. Resign Callahan and have Leblanc as depth/2nd slot CB.

DRAFT-
    1-Key OLB-LSU
    2-Rankin OT-Miss St.
    4-Pettis WR-Washington
    4-Tolliver CB-LSU

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan27 View Post
    Arden Key or Bradley Chubb for me. If the Bears pick around seven theres a good chance one will be there. Theres a good possibility three QBs go, Barkley, James, Fitzpatrick. Odds are Chubb is gone but Key having a down year may be a blessing for the Bears. Key and Floyd off the edge with Hicks and Goldman up the middle is nasty.

Use free agency to spend big on one of the top WR, plus Cam, 4th rounder, and bring back Inman/Wright. White will still be around one more year.

The draft value for OT seems to be in the 2nd-3rd. The Bears can get a solid RT in the 2nd to take over for Massie day 1. (Hyatt, Williams, Rankin, Jones).

CB to me is where it gets interesting. Prince/Fuller is a toss up. I dont think they can afford to let both walk, unless they go with Fitzpatrick and plan on Cooper starting next year. To me, that spells disaster. I think the Bears sign both to front loaded three year deals and spend a 4th or 5th on corner. Resign Callahan and have Leblanc as depth/2nd slot CB.

DRAFT-
    1-Key OLB-LSU
    2-Rankin OT-Miss St.
    4-Pettis WR-Washington
    4-Tolliver CB-LSU
    Ryan Pace? Is that you? This. Iím on board with this. Only thing Iíd prefer is if we got solder in free agency and took wr round 2 but beggars canít be choosers

Ryan Pace? Is that you? This. Iím on board with this. Only thing Iíd prefer is if we got solder in free agency and took wr round 2 but beggars canít be choosers
    I think you have brought up solder twice now.... And i wonder if you realize he isn't that good anymore

Fwiw. OT rankings....
    Leno is the 13th best tackle as rated by PFF
    Bobbie Massie is the 37th
    And Solder the 40th

I want an upgrade over Massie. Not a lateral move. And solder is just not that good anymore. He might have been 3 years ago.... But now.

Juat a fun Tidbit

Josh Sitton ranked #4 guard
    Cody Whitehair Ranked #10 center
    Charles Leno ranked #13 Offensive Tackle

Kyle long Ranked #28 Guard

Bobby Massie Ranked #37 Tackle

If long can get healthy and back to a reasonable level. And we find an upgrade over Massie. ( who is still ranked over 27 other OTs all things considerd) we will have a really good OL.

Cody at age 25 and Leno 26 should only get better still too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I think you have brought up solder twice now.... And i wonder if you realize he isn't that good anymore

Fwiw. OT rankings....
    Leno is the 13th best tackle as rated by PFF
    Bobbie Massie is the 37th
    And Solder the 40th

I want an upgrade over Massie. Not a lateral move. And solder is just not that good anymore. He might have been 3 years ago.... But now.
    Itís actually like the 5th time, might say I like the idea of bringI got in a multiple super bowl winning OT.

From what Iíve watched he is still a pretty strong player and an absolute upgrade over Massie. I donít put much weight on PFF grades so if thatís the argument agree to disagree I guess. He was playing through an injury and missed all training camp and practice which led to a rough first 5 weeks but has looked very good since week 6 or so.
    Last edited by dikimbemutumbo; 12-15-2017 at 10:34 AM.

MGB is offline mundayne ejaculation man
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan27 View Post

DRAFT-
    1-Key OLB-LSU
    2-Rankin OT-Miss St.
    4-Pettis WR-Washington
    4-Tolliver CB-LSU
    I agree with both of you guys. Thatís a solid *** plan for the offseason.

Do we trust Key with his injury history and alleged character concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Iím with toovey here. I think heís a RT at best and I canít take a RT in the top 10.