Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 788
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    23,621

    2017 FA/Trades/Cuts/General FO Office Discussion Vol IV

    Forgive me for any confusion. Operating from my phone. About time for a new thread... other was over 1000. Have at it ya filthy animals.

    Believe in Seth Rollins

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    16,710
    Landry, Trumaine Johnson, another 2nd type tier upside pass rusher, re-sign Fuller, and draft an OLB in the 1st two rounds.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    60,931
    1st tier WR's: Sammy Watkins, Terrelle Pryor, Jarvis Landry

    2nd tier WR's: John Brown, Jordan Matthews, Marqise Lee, Eric Decker

    CB's: Trumaine Johnson, Malcolm Butler, TJ Carrie

    EDGE: Shaq Barrett

    Draft BPA with focus being OT, WR, S, ILB, Edge Rusher

    Wait and see on who's worth re-signing... I haven't been that impressed with Fuller, hoping Prince has a nice season and he could be worth it. We'll definitely see some big cuts too... Glennon, Miller, maybe Demps, maybe Mcphee (though he's been surprisingly good with a limited snap count).

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-26-2017 at 10:48 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    19,869
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Landry, Trumaine Johnson, another 2nd type tier upside pass rusher, re-sign Fuller, and draft an OLB in the 1st two rounds.
    I think Floyd is going to be very good. Drafting an OLB twice seems like a bad idea to me

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    19,997
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I think Floyd is going to be very good. Drafting an OLB twice seems like a bad idea to me

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I don't get the Floyd hype. I know it's still early, but I really don't see what he's shown outside of the occasional freak play he makes cause he's fast. I would argue the biggest need on the defense is an impact pass rusher (which is usually true until you have one).

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,138
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I think Floyd is going to be very good. Drafting an OLB twice seems like a bad idea to me

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2 pass rushers are better than 1, McPhee is on his last legs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    21,659
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    2 pass rushers are better than 1, McPhee is on his last legs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    to me you need to take the best playmaker available. if that is a pass rusher who can get to the QB or a CB/S who can make plays on the ball. I dont care. it will depends where we draft and who is available. We just need impact play type guys.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    21,659
    Still way too early But

    @ OLB Bradley Chubb and Harold Landry are two guy i would keep an eye out for this season. Chubb just dominated FSU and Landry led the NCAA in sacks last year as a JR. maybe should have come out.

    @ CB. Tarvarus McFadden is a guy i really like, remember when everyone said Hooker was great for coming away with 7 picks. well Mcfadden had 8. as a Sophmore. he does an excelent job of when he sees the receiver look for the ball. he does too. now. this could get him in trouble. ( with fakes ) but boy do we need that type of play making.
    @ S Minkah Fitzpatrick is another Play maker. i question how good he is as that team is loaded with tallent. (easier to look good with an nfl caliber defense around) but at least he makes plays.

    we will get a better look at who is panning out by the end of the season. unfortunatly im unimpressed with the WRs this season. though, there are a few with QB issues that would obviously probably change things. OT is also hard to judge at this point.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    40,459
    Dewrin James nuff said

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Dewrin James nuff said
    What he said....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    23,324
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I don't get the Floyd hype. I know it's still early, but I really don't see what he's shown outside of the occasional freak play he makes cause he's fast. I would argue the biggest need on the defense is an impact pass rusher (which is usually true until you have one).
    In fairness I'm pretty sure he's been great against the run and he's been used a lot in coverage situations these first couple weeks, especially last week. I think his time will come with pass rushing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,378
    I think people have this Von Miller expectation for Floyd when it comes to pass rush production. But CHI uses Floyd to do a lot of things, which limits his chances in the pass rush. Floyd needs to get better at counter moves, but he has been a solid piece while bulking up and adding more skills to his game. I see progress is Floyd, even if it doesn't equate to big pass rush numbers. And even without those big pass rush numbers Floyd can be an important part of this defense being good, but CHI will need to add a true pass rusher opposite him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    19,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I think people have this Von Miller expectation for Floyd when it comes to pass rush production. But CHI uses Floyd to do a lot of things, which limits his chances in the pass rush. Floyd needs to get better at counter moves, but he has been a solid piece while bulking up and adding more skills to his game. I see progress is Floyd, even if it doesn't equate to big pass rush numbers. And even without those big pass rush numbers Floyd can be an important part of this defense being good, but CHI will need to add a true pass rusher opposite him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not Von Miller expectation, it's more like Chandler Jones (at least as far as production), or heck, Adewale Ogunleye. Just a guy who'll get to the quarterback on a consistent basis, which is what the expectation SHOULD be for an edge rusher taken in the top 10. I certainly don't think the expectation is of a generational talent like Miller.

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    60,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Dewrin James nuff said
    Yeah, love him. He's probably just as good of a prospect, if not better than Ramsey from 2 years ago. More likely to stick at FS, big time playmaker.

    If the Bears end up being bad enough for a top 5 pick again, he's far & away my top choice.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-27-2017 at 12:45 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    60,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    In fairness I'm pretty sure he's been great against the run and he's been used a lot in coverage situations these first couple weeks, especially last week. I think his time will come with pass rushing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much. He drops in coverage (sometimes to cover WR's) a lot more than a traditional edge rusher. He's played the run well since day one. It all goes back to how he was used at Georgia.

    He was never a 3 down rusher there. He was used all over the field, similar to the way he's been used early on this season (kinda out of necessity given the Offenses we've played through 3 weeks). He's still a bit raw when it comes to his technique because he's relying on pure speed & athleticism right now. Once he develops a counter move he has a chance to be pretty special. If people are expecting him to be a 12+ sack guy they're probably going to be disappointed though.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •