Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

2017 Chicago Bulls Training Camp Thread

Continue the general discussions here for the new stories coming from training camp.

Here is an interesting read from NBA.com (Sam Smith) on the Bulls upcoming season:

The Bulls this season are going to try to win; theyíre not likely to have much success. Which is all the more reason why this could be a very interesting ansd compelling season.

Itís basically a roster on an 82-game tryout.

So what do people do when they donít have any guarantees and their jobs are at risk? They work much harder and take it as seriously as possible. It will be clear which ones do not.

The only Bulls player on this seasonís roster with a lomg term multi-year contract is Cristiano Felicio, and his salary is about equal to the reasonable mid level exception. Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday are on two-year deals and pretty much everyone else is playing out rookie and below league average contracts. Itís part of the long term plan to be able to take on a better player if a team is looking to reduce salary.

So if the Bulls are not likely to be contending for even a playoff spot in the weak Eastern Conference this season, they should be playing hard, working intensely and not giving up or giving in with so many futures at stake. Now they just have to combine that with more talent.

Which is the goal for the next few seasons, or perhaps less, as the Bulls embark on the stormy seas of rebuilding with media day and the opening of training camp Monday in the Advocate Center.

Perhaps they canít see land yet, but now we get to find out who deserves to be on the crew.

There are always many questions and concerns with such a change of direction. Here are some the Bulls will face this season:

Dwyane Wade

Zach LaVine's Health

Kris Dunn

Other PGs

Niko Mirotic

Read more here: http://www.nba.com/bulls/an-early-lo...2017-18-bulls/

Well there's no reason to be concerned about Wade on the Bulls anymore

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Mirotic gets 18 ppg, 8 rpg with 40% from three and I'm happy.

Very happy.
    Last edited by Bill4Real; 09-27-2017 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill4Real View Post

Very happy.
    Is that a hope or prediction?

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Well there's no reason to be concerned about Wade on the Bulls anymore
    Yeah it's funny Smith spent the most time discussing Wade when he was bought out lol.

Very happy.
    How is that going to happen? What's ironic is that Niko's best season happened under Thibs, the same guy everyone was saying was holding Niko back.

He throws up more airballs than I can remember, **** him he blows.

Bulls paid dwade 39 million for 1 season. #garpax gm of the century

Very happy.
    You can't be serious.

He couldn't even put up those numbers with 4 arms

#FlyTheW

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Mirotic might put up those (outside of 40% ) depending on how much he plays. I mean. Who on this team is gonna be scoring. Lavine will likely lead (when on the court) but who is #2. Lopez..... Dunn...... Whoever is SF. Maybe Mark can but thats a lot to expect out of him.

18 and 8 is not imposible. I don't think he will be efficient. But it could happen considering he is likely #2 in shots per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Mirotic might put up those (outside of 40% ) depending on how much he plays. I mean. Who on this team is gonna be scoring. Lavine will likely lead (when on the court) but who is #2. Lopez..... Dunn...... Whoever is SF. Maybe Mark can but thats a lot to expect out of him.

18 and 8 is not imposible. I don't think he will be efficient. But it could happen considering he is likely #2 in shots per game.
    He literally would have to average 20 shots a game if he wants 18. Last year he averaged a little under 11 shooting 9 shots a game. **** this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post

If he's #2 on shots/game this season, the Bulls will be lucky to win 10 games.

#FlyTheW

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    Bulls paid dwade 39 million for 1 season. #garpax gm of the century
    Yikes. That's a lot of money lol.

Last edited by Mamba42; 09-28-2017 at 10:30 AM.

I just won 2 free bulls tickets from watching that run with us video . Itís vs the hawks but nevertheless Iím grateful

Good deal, Stunner.

How many games do the Bulls win this year?

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast