Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sdrobert View Post
    Its only been 3 games. Too early to write off Floyd. His first years was solid. Usually break out games come in spurts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    Floyd is playing just fine. He spends a lot of time dropping back in many passing situations, pretty hard to get sacks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Cole View Post
    He did look shaky at times that I will agree. But the "assumption" isn't just based on his performance in the preseason and his minutes against backups of backups, it's based on the natural things he is able to do. He can extend/create plays with his feet, he has impeccable accuracy while on the run, he keeps his composure within the pocket and even when under duress he continues to keep his eyes down field not to mention he has above average pocket awareness. I'd say a good 65% of Mike Glennon's drop backs seem like he has the check down as his #1 option, the other 35% he is staring down receivers on in routes and slants.

IMO this sitting a QB to develop is a joke, no matter when his number is called whether it be tomorrow or 2 years from now, he is still going to be a rookie and the only way to develop is to see in game action. Speed, coverage, receiver progressions, all that is best experienced in real time and then combed over from overhead footage during the game and film study. As a coach it is your job to put the players on the field that give you the best chance to win, and that starts with Trubisky in at QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    And Glennon had nothing to do with that. The run game, defense, and special teams all came up huge and the Bears were able to squeak out a win. That's the only way the Bears are going to be in games with Glennon. The run game, defense, and ST have to dominate while Glennon hopefully doesn't **** up too much since that's really all he's asked to do. Not **** up....which he STILL does.

Yes, saying Mitch gives the Bears a better chance is an assumption...but it's a pretty damn good one. Glennon is trash and even if Mitch threw a pick or two, he can at least make plays downfield and he can at least extend plays with his legs. Even as a rookie, his pocket presence and mobility are infinitely better than Glennon.
    You both make very valid points. But confidence is a real thing. I fear wrecking Mitch's confidence with a season of problems that are out of his control (WRs that can't get open/drop passes and an OL that seems to struggle in pass pro) and during a season in which we almost definitely won't make it to the playoffs with or without Mitch. There's an appeal to letting him get as firm a grasp as possible through a season of practice (a la Aaron Rodgers) before starting him. That being said, he's going to have to be a big boy sooner or later, and it will be hard to argue against starting Mitch if Glennon continues to play as he has.

I also agree with the bold sentence in your response D.Cole. I have noticed Glennon is staring down his check downs from the beginning of most plays, which is perplexing to say the least given his performance at Tampa. Makes me think it could be game planning or coaching... I'm not sure, but I know I don't like it.

As for the bold sentence in your post KGB, Glennon looked like garbage, but he still threw for a third of our offensive yards and a touchdown. Hard to argue that he had "nothing to do" with the win.
    Last edited by Full-Size Ditka; 09-28-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Prediction time...

Hicks, Floyd, McPhee hit Rodgers early and often eventually forcing a turnover that turns into 7 points. After a drive of 17 straight handoffs to Howard and Cohen, Mike Glennon trips over his own neck and is immediately placed on IR. Trubisky comes in and leads the Bears to a 70-3 win.

Post game, John Fox still declares Mike Glennon his starter.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Prediction time...

Hicks, Floyd, McPhee hit Rodgers early and often eventually forcing a turnover that turns into 7 points. After a drive of 17 straight handoffs to Howard and Cohen, Mike Glennon trips over his own neck and is immediately placed on IR. Trubisky comes in and leads the Bears to a 70-3 win.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Prediction time...

Good ****

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Prediction time...

oh my god hahaha

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    We should have made our defensive captains Mike Glennon and John Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    It’s real
    Not really real IMO until Glennon takes off his pads.

Prediction time...

Merit is included in this post of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by TForm View Post
    Not really real IMO until Glennon takes off his pads.
    He doesn’t play defense

FWIW the all time series between these teams is currently tied at 94-94-6.

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/913537931884756992
    Ripe for an upset...so we'll probably lose 45-0 with no sacks from our DL and Glennon gets sacked 12 times.

Sitton and Hicks active

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/913537931884756992
    Ripe for an upset...so we'll probably lose 45-0 with no sacks from our DL and Glennon gets sacked 12 times.

My exact thought. I feel somewhat optimistic and at the same time suspicious of my optimism.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Sitton and Hicks active
    Great news on both. Hicks is more important but sitton back is huge too

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast