Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Thank God The Bears didnít waste their pick on Watson. The QB Iíve been screaming for us to get for the past two years on here. I didnít want to say anything bad I like biscuit but Man as Iíve been saying. I think Watson is a game changer. If biscuit doesnít pan out....💀
    He had a great game and if Mitch does the same I will be thrilled but IMO Watson will be average at best long term because he many times guesses as to where to toss the ball and does not read the field. This has been his history but honestly I did not watch the game yesterday to know if this is still true.

Quote Originally Posted by TForm View Post
    He had a great game and if Mitch does the same I will be thrilled but IMO Watson will be average at best long term because he many times guesses as to where to toss the ball and does not read the field. This has been his history but honestly I did not watch the game yesterday to know if this is still true.
    So just forget about how he lit up the champs in foxboro in his second career start. He went toe to toe with Brady. If it wasnít for a Brady type effort they wouldíve beat them. People refuse to give this kid his due. Iím tired of all the excuses and negative comments on his game. Heís a stud!! Proved it on every level. If this was biscuit putting up these numbers people would be creaming on themselves. He has over 10 TDS in his first 3 starts.

So just forget about how he lit up the champs in foxboro in his second career start. He went toe to toe with Brady. If it wasnít for a Brady type effort they wouldíve beat them. People refuse to give this kid his due. Iím tired of all the excuses and negative comments on his game. Heís a stud!! Proved it on every level. If this was biscuit putting up these numbers people would be creaming on themselves. He has over 10 TDS in his first 3 starts.
    Way to early to be calling him a stud. He is still a promising player who is playing well, that's all. Come back at the end of the 2018 before I'd consider him a "stud QB." (Same would go with Trubisky.)
    Screw sabermetics.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Don't let the patriots name fool you. They ain't close on d this year. I mean. If we want to hype watson for "shreading them that must make alex smith the 2nd coming of bret farve. I mean. Smith was 4 TDs and zero TO. While idol child had two picks.

In. Not saying watson. Can't be good. But 1 game does not make hin a cant miss guy. Lol. Personally i still think his ceiling is around alex smith but maybe he hones in his accuracy and stops floating balls over the middle.

Lets just foeget about 15/24 for 125 or his two turnover performance against the pats. I mean. Lets name him the air to Brady already. And the guy we passed on for a bust in Mitch.

1 good game does. Not make you a good carear qb.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 10-02-2017 at 01:43 AM.

So did RG3. I am a believer that Watson will do well in his career and win a lot, but it is early to declare anything good or bad
    Last edited by dikimbemutumbo; 10-02-2017 at 01:57 AM.

My concern with Watson was that he's basically already at his ceiling, coming out of Clemson..... He makes a bunch of Cutler-esque throws and depends too much on making plays with his feet, which he frankly doesn't have the size to do long term in the NFL.... It's perfect for a team like Houston, but imo we absolutely needed to come away with Mahomes or Trubisky this year if we went QB..

I rallied hard for Mahomes via the highest ceiling, but Trubisky admittedly is not only significantly safer, but also been far and away the best of the rookies thus far.... Whether or not he can carry that into live games, is obviously the big concern, but I think we're going to get a trial by fire against Minnesota next Monday.

Also, good to see Hooker is really the stud we thought he was.... pure game changer in the defensive backfield..... I'd still have loved to trade back from 3, and dumped next years first and this years second to get both Mahomes and Hooker..... or otherwise found a way to add Hooker, while still filling the QB need, but alas it is what it is.... God knows our defense could use that kind of a turnover presence back there, however.

A lot of guys have had a good couple games or even good handful of seasons. Do I think Watson could be good? Sure. He's on the perfect team with a stacked defense and good receivers. I'm just not sure if he'll have prolonged success. Time will tell.

Your response tells me you did not read my post. Try again.

Watson has benefited greatly from having Hopkins. He's targeted him like crazy since becoming the starter. I wish we had that kind of WR for Trubisky to lean on.

As far as his hot start goes, let's wait until the season is over before declaring him anything. I was very down on him coming into the league (as were most scouts). I'm not going to change my stance on him over a couple great games and one bad one. He still has the same mechanical flaws and relies too heavily on his legs. I don't believe that's a recipe for sustained success in this league.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-02-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Trubisky time folks !!!!

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435