Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    You ever notice whoever the #Bears make their defensive captains since John Fox has been in charge end up injured?

2015 LB McPhee and S Rolle both injured

2016 LB Trevathan and LB McPhee both injured

2017 LB Freeman and S Demps injured

Quote Originally Posted by D.Cole View Post
    He did look shaky at times that I will agree. But the "assumption" isn't just based on his performance in the preseason and his minutes against backups of backups, it's based on the natural things he is able to do. He can extend/create plays with his feet, he has impeccable accuracy while on the run, he keeps his composure within the pocket and even when under duress he continues to keep his eyes down field not to mention he has above average pocket awareness. I'd say a good 65% of Mike Glennon's drop backs seem like he has the check down as his #1 option, the other 35% he is staring down receivers on in routes and slants.

IMO this sitting a QB to develop is a joke, no matter when his number is called whether it be tomorrow or 2 years from now, he is still going to be a rookie and the only way to develop is to see in game action. Speed, coverage, receiver progressions, all that is best experienced in real time and then combed over from overhead footage during the game and film study. As a coach it is your job to put the players on the field that give you the best chance to win, and that starts with Trubisky in at QB.
    This. That was the thing that Cutler did well...he bailed us out with his feet. He could pick up 6 yards on a 3rd and 5 on the ground, watching Glennon, we bank on him finding Cohen or Cunningham on 3rd downand them making a play to pick up the first down. Glennon has the worst pocket awareness i've ever seen and I cringe when I see an edge rusher blow by Leno or Massie. But with Cutler, and watching Trubisky in the preseason, I didn't, because i knew they could step up and run for the first down or make a decent throw on the run. I think that because Trubisky can be an improviser and do it fairly decently, is why we think he is capable of taking over for Glennon now and is the better option. Which could be true, but at this moment, Glennon is the guy. If it wasn't for a Howard dropped ball, we could be talking about how we are tied for first place and sitting at 2-1. Yes he isn't the most flashiest QB in the pan, but (unfortunately?) he's doing enough to keep us in games and to set us up for victories. Whether we like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    You ever notice whoever the #Bears make their defensive captains since John Fox has been in charge end up injured?

We should have made our defensive captains Mike Glennon and John Fox.
    2017 Chicago Bears Wide Receiver Corps

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    We should have made our defensive captains Mike Glennon and John Fox.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post

Conspiracy theory much. I think it has more to do with the fact almost everyone on this team gets injured. Goldman could have been captain either 2015 or 16 and it would have been the case. Jay All ways got injured at some point. Miller as well. Long has been banged up somehat every year.

I mean. If this is the actual truth thst its a jynx make glennon captain

Week 4: Chicago Bears (1-2) @ Green Bay Packers (2-1) 7:25 CT

It’s real
    Last edited by Stunner; 09-28-2017 at 12:09 AM.

Fangio's D usually plays Rodgers well...and with their OTs out, the Bears better damn well get a pass rush. This is really big for the Bears. If they can't get their pass rush going against GB with their injuries, that's a major problem.

The middle of the field is going to be huge. Rodgers loves to work the sidelines, if the Bears could generate a pass rush and make Rodgers throw over the middle, guys are going to have to step up and make plays. I also think GB will be aggressive trying to run the ball. The Bears must contain the run and on offense, Glennon really has to make plays downfield. And yes, the receivers need to catch the damn ball. I'm one of the biggest Glennon bashers around, but he has had a few very nice downfield passes that were just dropped. That's not an excuse to stop taking shots, but the receivers need to step it up.

Dont want to hype anything up too much. But past year when the bears played the packers on TNF week 7. Floyd had 3 tackles 2 sacks A FF and a TD.

https://youtu.be/TGTmrYMOOKQ

Week 15. Mcphee had 2 sacks

Neither posted any stats though during the others big game.

Hopefully with the tackles of the packers shot down to the 3rd and 4th string guys. They can both get off and get after Rodgers. Maybe even get young involved

Seeing the injury report i feel a bit more hopeful about this game. Their two tackles being out is huge in getting pressure on aaron. Nick perry and mike daniels being questionable means maybe their pass rush struggles. (Maybe. Glennon doesn't get sacked) and devon house being out means maybe glennon can complete more than 1 pass to a receiver

If only the bears drafted tunsil instead of floyd that year. O line would be top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    If only the bears drafted tunsil instead of floyd that year. O line would be top 3.
    Considering he's graded out (according to PFF) as the worst player between Leno, Massie, and himself since being drafted, that seems unlikely.

He was an overrated prospect to begin with, just like the rest from that Ole Miss team.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

A big W tonight would be fantastic ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Considering he's graded out (according to PFF) as the worst player between Leno, Massie, and himself since being drafted, that seems unlikely.

He was an overrated prospect to begin with, just like the rest from that Ole Miss team.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Its only been 3 games. Too early to write off Floyd. His first years was solid. Usually break out games come in spurts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast