Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Landry has to be top 5. Duper and Clayton are top 5. don't know how much was them and how much was Marino but I cant argue them not being better. just a question of how much was it Marino and how much was it them. Moore is top 5 though I never got a chance to see him. the last person in the top 5 is Brandon Marshall. Marshall was imo the best we had but not here long enough to put above the other 4.

Landry is better than Chambers, Fryar, McDuffie and Gasden without question

if we lose on Sunday we will be in range for Chubb, Key, Minkah, Derwin, Roquan, Nelson, Guice, Barkley, Lamar, Connor though idk why we would go OT. we would be guaranteed a stud. I don't think secondary is a big need so I don't think it will be Minkah or Derwin. Nelson makes a ton of sense but I'm hoping they fix OL in free agency so we can get a non OL stud

I'm not very high on Roquan but look forward to seeing him against Oklahoma

I also look forward to seeing Kendall Joseph vs Bama. Kendall impressed me the most out of all the LBs when looking at them. I'm hoping to see why he is projected to go so late

to me its Lamar vs Chubb vs Key. DE/OL/LB are the biggest needs with DE harder to find and considered most valuable of the 3 and after them 2 the position dies in the draft. I look forward to the Chubb vs Key debate during the draft process. many think Key is better than Jadeveon Clowney and Myles Garrett and he seems right now to be the most likely of the 2 to get to us. these are the big 3 for me

if we drafted Davenport top 15 someone deserves to be fired

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Landry has to be top 5. Duper and Clayton are top 5. don't know how much was them and how much was Marino but I cant argue them not being better. just a question of how much was it Marino and how much was it them. Moore is top 5 though I never got a chance to see him. the last person in the top 5 is Brandon Marshall. Marshall was imo the best we had but not here long enough to put above the other 4.

Landry is better than Chambers, Fryar, McDuffie and Gasden without question

if we lose on Sunday we will be in range for Chubb, Key, Minkah, Derwin, Roquan, Nelson, Guice, Barkley, Lamar, Connor though idk why we would go OT. we would be guaranteed a stud. I don't think secondary is a big need so I don't think it will be Minkah or Derwin. Nelson makes a ton of sense but I'm hoping they fix OL in free agency so we can get a non OL stud

I'm not very high on Roquan but look forward to seeing him against Oklahoma

I also look forward to seeing Kendall Joseph vs Bama. Kendall impressed me the most out of all the LBs when looking at them. I'm hoping to see why he is projected to go so late

to me its Lamar vs Chubb vs Key. DE/OL/LB are the biggest needs with DE harder to find and considered most valuable of the 3 and after them 2 the position dies in the draft. I look forward to the Chubb vs Key debate during the draft process. many think Key is better than Jadeveon Clowney and Myles Garrett and he seems right now to be the most likely of the 2 to get to us. these are the big 3 for me

if we drafted Davenport top 15 someone deserves to be fired
    Pretty sure I haven't seen anyone who thinks this.

Chubb/Nelson/Smith/Fitzpatrick - I'd be ecstatic with 1 of these.

Landry can be the best player on offense still not be a great overall player.

He's a good player, I'm not arguing that. But it's not like he's AB. This team has a lot of problems and needs to make a lot of changes and when you look at it overall you have to say is Landrys impact greater than adding a 2 or 3 quality TE, LB, OG or DE. It's unfortunately the situation this team has put themselves in by signing guys who had a few good games like Branch and Kiko.

Like I said, you can resign Landry and still fix those positions. But unless the FO addresses a lot of the base problems with the team resigning Landry won't fix anything.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

nobody is AB. AB is the best in the game. resigning Landry fixes some of the team. not resigning him destroys the team and puts them back at square 1 needing a 4 year rebuild

pretty sure you don't look online then poppah. Arden Key was the projected #1 player in this draft before the season started and would have been #1 overall in last years draft if he was in it. injury and off field stuff has had him slip down this year not his talent. while part of me wants to see the Browns grab him to go with Myles and put the fear into Big Ben to retire he is who I want to put across Wake and be our first pick. Lamar Jackson is the only player that would excite me more. I'm hoping Arden has a really awful draft process because he is #1 pick worthy and I don't want him to start rising to his worth again

I wouldn't be ecstatic with Smith or Minkah

I wouldn't be ecstatic with Smith or Minkah
    Watch their film first.

i did watch the film. I love Minkah but he doesn't fill a major need. Smith is speed without instincts. he isn't the only LB with speed in the class

if we were picking in the 20 range id be good with Smith

We'll just agree to disagree on Landry.

In other news, Eli Apple is actively trying to get our of New York. There's been a bunch of drama coming out these past few days about him but some Practice Squad player came out today and said that Apple hated NY from the start and was upset that he didn't go to Miami.

Since he just got suspended for the last game I have a feeling NY would be ok with moving on from him. I'd shoot them a late round pick for him just to see if it works. The FO was really high on him last year and I'd take the depth. I think he's better than Lippett for sure.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

I wouldn't want Apple. I want players that want to play football and not players that are distractions

rather keep Lippett and Tank. also I think Apple will be out of the league entirely very soon

I would 100% offer a 6th or 7th for Apple. Worth the risk/reward.

So reports are that SF will franchise Garrapolo (obviously). Question is, if you can get a 2018 2nd rd pick and maybe another mid-pick for Tannehill, would you give up three 1st rd picks for Jimmy G? I would have to consider the prospect. Especially if we can get a 2nd for Tannehill. Basically we'd have Jimmy G in his absolute prime and then some, and he may put us in the playoffs, meaning we'd be giving up mid 20's draft picks.

But our cap would be hurt bad because we'd be having to 'buy' our first round picks in the form of strong veterans, and not get the cheap talent.

I wouldn't put it past this FO to explore the possibility to stick it to NE for years to come, but at a high cost.

you are crazy to offer that for Apple

I don't see any way SF lets Jimmy G get away and no I wouldn't give up 3 1st rounders for him. that would be dumb af

you are crazy to offer that for Apple

I don't see any way SF lets Jimmy G get away and no I wouldn't give up 3 1st rounders for him. that would be dumb af
    Crazy to offer a 6th or 7th rounder for Eli Apple? You'd be an idiot not to.
    There's hardly any risk in doing so man.

You do realize this isn't a team on the brink of a Super Bowl run? We need as much talent as we can get. Minkah doesn't fill a major need but he's one of the top talents in the draft.

I don't see how he gets past the Browns second 1st rounder anyways.

No way would I give up 3 1st rounders for Jimmy G.

I love the idea of trading Tanny though. But we know that isn't happening.

I'd pay Landry a Doug Baldwin contract with maybe a little more guaranteed $ for a little lower AAV. Remember Parker isn't looking good and Stills is only signed for 2 more years after this year.

Gaints are not going to trade him. His cap hit is just 4.2M but if they cut or trade it jumps to almost 9M in dead money. With how most of rookie 1st round picks contracts are mostly guaranteed it makes dealing them almost impossible.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast