Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Detroit IMO is better than most think. They could very easily be 3-0 (Tate was clearly down at the 1 but the 10 second run off is a stupid rule). Matthew Stafford continues to impress me. He's playing the best ball of his career dating back to last season. He continually find ways to keep the Lions in the game. I really have no idea what to expect. If we can establish the run we should be in good shape. I posted this in the Tampa game thread but Case Keenum started against Detroit last year with the Rams:

27-32 321 yards 3 TDs 1 INT plus a rushing TD.
    Honest question:
    What do the Lions represent that the Bucs don't?

I feel like the Bucs have a similar defense and a slightly better offense when all things are going right. Bucs have a deeper passing attack and I would say Stafford and Winston are different but about the same end value. I just don't see where people are coming up with this idea that the Lions are this juggernaut no ones talking about. There 2-1 against 2 bad teams and another team (Falcons) I'm not convinced is all that good this year either. I think we match up well against them. I'm going to stick with my original guess, we win by 2 scores at home.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Honest question:

I feel like the Bucs have a similar defense and a slightly better offense when all things are going right. Bucs have a deeper passing attack and I would say Stafford and Winston are different but about the same end value. I just don't see where people are coming up with this idea that the Lions are this juggernaut no ones talking about. There 2-1 against 2 bad teams and another team (Falcons) I'm not convinced is all that good this year either. I think we match up well against them. I'm going to stick with my original guess, we win by 2 scores at home.
    They best us twice last year. They are not a juggernaut, but they are better than most (you!) give them credit for.

Also Stafford is far better than Winston.

We also shouldn't forget that TB was without quite a few defensive starters and then even lost a few more during the game. But that being said, while I do think we can beat them, no game is ever easy regardless of who you play. Things are clicking pretty good for us on both sides so Detroit will have to bring it if they want to have a chance.

The key factor will be Case though. He's been in the league for like 6-7 years and to expect him to play lights out again is just not realistic. I'm hoping that its because of our talent that makes him play lights out but we'll see.

Honest question:

The Lions have Matthew Stafford. The Bucs have Winston. Stafford has been playing the best ball of his career dating back to when Cooter took over as OC. He's going to be tough to stop. Winston IMO isn't that good.

I don't think their a juggernaut but I keep seeing them ranked towards the bottom of the league and I don't see it. Arizona has a really good D and they struggled to stop him. Their D has forced Palmer, Eli, and Ryan into 7 combined interceptions. I see a solid all around team. Their O can score and their D is playing opportunistic. Golden Tate and Ziggy Ansah worry me. IMO we have the more talented team but Stafford makes this a close game.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The Lions have Matthew Stafford. The Bucs have Winston. Stafford has been playing the best ball of his career dating back to when Cooter took over as OC. He's going to be tough to stop. Winston IMO isn't that good.

I don't think their a juggernaut but I keep seeing them ranked towards the bottom of the league and I don't see it. Arizona has a really good D and they struggled to stop him. Their D has forced Palmer, Eli, and Ryan into 7 combined interceptions. I see a solid all around team. Their O can score and their D is playing opportunistic. Golden Tate and Ziggy Ansah worry me. IMO we have the more talented team but Stafford makes this a close game.
    I've always seen Stafford as a slightly above average QB, similar to Bradford and Winston. Arizona's D isn't that good when their O is so bad. Giants offense without Odell is horrible. I don't think it's going to be an easy game but if we play mistake free, we win this game. Their too 1 dimensional and predictable on offense. On defense they couldn't stop the run to save their life last week and their DL is rather weak in total.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    They best us twice last year. They are not a juggernaut, but they are better than most (you!) give them credit for.

Also Stafford is far better than Winston.
    I think that last part is debatable but I agree. Evans/DJax >>> Tate/Jones

I think that last part is debatable but I agree. Evans/DJax >>> Tate/Jones
    Easily.

Stafford is head and shoulders above Winston. From a decision-making, accuracy, and pre-snap standpoint, there is no comparison. Especially the last couple of seasons.

Hilarious parody song written about Keenum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=m4ZtuZQsXh8

Sam was not at the open part of practice again today so that likely means he's out for this game. Interestingly so was Remmers. Wondering if it was just a sickness thing like it was for Weatherly.

Sam was not at the open part of practice again today so that likely means he's out for this game. Interestingly so was Remmers. Wondering if it was just a sickness thing like it was for Weatherly.
    You have to believe that it is some sort of illness with Remmers because nothing was mentioned of him missing Wednesday at all.

I'm not expecting Sam to be back any time soon. So no surprise to see that he will not play this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    You have to believe that it is some sort of illness with Remmers because nothing was mentioned of him missing Wednesday at all.

I'm not expecting Sam to be back any time soon. So no surprise to see that he will not play this Sunday.
    Yeah and Weatherly was out yesterday due to illness and was back in today. Just got done playing the Bucs who reportedly had the flu going around so maybe some guys caught it from them?

Bradford has been ruled out. Man I'm starting to believe this guy about the no cartilage thing. Wonder if Sam makes it back this year at all.

Bradford has been ruled out. Man I'm starting to believe this guy about the no cartilage thing. Wonder if Sam makes it back this year at all.
    It is really unfair to us and Bradford that he survived all of last year behind our turnstile o line and then he gets hurt game 1 with our new o line.

That being said, what are your opinions on Tom Johnson? I read an article that said he needs to be back as a rotational player. Who could we bench so we can get Jaleel Johnson on the active roster? I wanna see what he is capable of.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    They are saying he just needs rest but im not buying it, its going to be keenum for the rest of the year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    And teddy

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast