Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    The White Sox announced Wednesday that they’ve outrighted catcher Rob Brantly, outfielder Rymer Liriano, left-hander David Holmberg and righties Chris Volstad and Brad Goldberg off the 40-man roster, dropping their 40-man count to 33 in the process. Brantly, Liriano, Holmberg and Volstad will all become free agents, while Goldberg (who lacks the service time of the other players) will stick with the ChiSox as a non-roster player.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

You did hear Hahn say he did not expect the Sox to be competitive in EITHER 2018 or 2019, and that under those circumstances, he'd have to look at trading Avi and/or Abreau?

...Someone has to start next year, assuming neither Kopech or Rodon are ready at the beginning of the season.

Lopez, Giolito, Fulmer and Shields makes an undependable 4.

Maybe someone like Tyler Chatwood at the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I'd really like to see this team break ST.

1B..Abreu

2B..Moncada

SS..Anderson

3B..Davidson

C...Smith/Narvaez

DH....A. Garcia

LF...Delmonico

CF....Tilson

RF..Ryan Cordell

Bench...Y.Sanchez,L.Garcia, W. Garcia

The pitching needs more thought......with Rodon out early....

There is no reason to trade Abreu ,but, Avi might be wise to sell high on....

I would make my plans without Rodon being a part of them.
    If he comes back and can last more than half a season, that's a bonus. The Sox fortunately have good SP depth, I'd consider trading his *** in the right situation.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I would make my plans without Rodon being a part of them.
    If he comes back and can last more than half a season, that's a bonus. The Sox fortunately have good SP depth, I'd consider trading his *** in the right situation.
    I still think he will be fine. No one is going to offer something worth it for him. They'll try bc of his ceiling, but nothing I think we should just bail on him for.

[QUOTE=Muttman73;31888195]I would make my plans without Rodon being a part of them.
    If he comes back and can last more than half a season, that's a bonus. The Sox fortunately have good SP depth, I'd consider trading his *** in the right situation.[/Q

Rodon has excellent stuff.........He cant be faulted for being hurt. He's Labrum wasn't touched which is Huge. Just Bursitis I believe, he is a big part of our future going forward. He will NOT be traded.

I'd like to see the Sox trade Avi and blocked prospects to someone for a stud lefty starter.....Groome from Boston sticks out for me,but, Boston doesn't need Avi.

Maybe this draft could get us that guy too.......

In the right situation, anyone can be traded. Rodon is injury prone and has Boros for an agent.
    If he manages to put together a full, decent season I think he is prime trade bait. With the Sox pitching depth, he is not a necessity. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not thinking this through.
    Just wait until he his contract comes up, see what you think then.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

2017 Offseason Thread

If someone comes along and offers an Eaton type offer for Avi, you take it. Otherwise I do have no problem hanging onto him given his age, price tag, and potential production based on 2017 alone.

For Rodon I think we need to start planning on replacing his spot sooner rather than later. He's penciled in as our ace of the future essentially and if he's going to continue to miss extensive time we need to look into a TORP SP, perhaps at#4 ASAP. That's not a spot to sit back and play wait and see with Carlos.

Coincidentally I see the easiest way to hope to replace that spot comes in an Avi trade. Whether it's Broome or someone of that caliber who needs an OF desperately with the right pieces for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    If someone comes along and offers an Eaton type offer for Avi, you take it. Otherwise I do have no problem hanging onto him given his age, price tag, and potential production based on 2017 alone.

For Rodon I think we need to start planning on replacing his spot sooner rather than later. He's penciled in as our ace of the future essentially and if he's going to continue to miss extensive time we need to look into a TORP SP, perhaps at#4 ASAP. That's not a spot to sit back and play wait and see with Carlos.

Coincidentally I see the easiest way to hope to replace that spot comes in an Avi trade. Whether it's Broome or someone of that caliber who needs an OF desperately with the right pieces for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree,......while Rodon may get it all together, at this point , I'd look to replace him and if he turns around,....all the better.We have a nice crop of comers in Giolito,Kopech,Lopez,Dunning, Hansen, and maybe Cease and Adams. However, they are all righties and a 2 or 3 lefty starter would be a big deal.

Maybe a nice LHP will show his stuff this college season and be in play at #4.
    Call me crazy, but I've never been sold on Rodon, and you KNOW he's going to want to get paid BIG BUCKS when that time comes.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Maybe a nice LHP will show his stuff this college season and be in play at #4.
    Call me crazy, but I've never been sold on Rodon, and you KNOW he's going to want to get paid BIG BUCKS when that time comes.
    BIG BUCKS... I tried to say that a few weeks ago and most on here got upset..They said the Sox aren't afraid to pay their guys etc. NOONE ever had to walk away etc...

I feel that we will have ALL these GREAT prospects all coming up at the same time and Some day will all demand a big payday..Look at the Royals..they have like 3 guys this year that will be hard to sign..
    Look at the money that's projected for Harper Trout and Manny Machado..if we get 3 or 4 studs out of this rebuild we wont be able to keep them either..

So I guess we stay in rebuild mode for ever ..get rid of the talent before we have to spend top dollar..

you do realize we had a few decent guys in Sale ,Quintana, Eaton,Abreu, Avi,Robertson, Kahnle,Anderson,Frazier, Cabrera, THATS a boat load of PROVEN talent...OUR problem was we couldn't seem to build thru the draft like a lot of teams do..and dont say we need high draft picks..other teams seem to find some 3rd and 4th rd talent..Also signing the TOP free Agents has never been a strong point..

AS for trading Rodon..Im for any trade that will make us stronger..WE are not far away from having to secure some proven talent to go along with the youth.

Just for kicks why not start building our team this offseason..

J.T. Realmu would only be dealt if the Marlins could get multiple good prospects back in return. looking for controllable, inexpensive players that are not eligible for arbitration yet.”
    J.T. Realmu Age 26
    Position: Catcher
    Earliest Arb Eligible: 2018, Earliest Free Agent: 2021/
    buyout his 3 yrs of arb..and add 2 yrs more at 12M per yr.Appx. 48 over 5 yrs.Free Agent 2023 he would be 31

Dylan Cease RHP AGE 21//Top 100 Prospects (#57)
    Dane Dunning RHP AGE 22
    Luis Alexander Basabe OF age 21
    seems to be a good package

Cease & Dunning ?........that's a lot.....we may need them too if Rodon flops...

Scott Boras is notoriously difficult to deal with. This plus Rodon's inability to pitch an entire season drive my opinion on this topic. The White Sox have shown that they will pay sometimes. Albert Belle got paid, Robin Ventura did not. John Danks got paid, MB did not so it's a crap shoot there.

Your getting way ahead of yourself DS49, if these "prospects" work out as planned then I'm confident they will be taken care of.

As for Sale, Eaton, Quintana ... they had their chance here in and couldn't get it done.
    It was time to move on from all of them.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast