Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

2017 Offseason Thread

Bpa
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Well, I'm not big on HS players unless they are extremely advanced and not going to blow us off and go to college....

I see, some are saying 3B again. No faith in Burger ?

We might be light on middle infielders in the system with big bats,but, with Anderson & Moncada , along with Sanchez , it seems we could wait on that. Jake Peter might develop.

We have a good many OF prospects,but, other than Eloy, Robert, and high hopes for Rutherford and Adolpho, Craig Dedelow maybe. ,none are elite....

1B,DH types........we have Sheets,Gillasepi,Matt Rose, and some younger ones in the lower classes

Catcher.........Smith/Narvaez are solid waiting on Collins or Selby Zavalo ,or Evan Skoug

3B......Berger

Pitching, ....we are deep in prospects,but, if an elite arm is out there.......go for it.

I dunno........as Muttman says.....probably BPA.........but I like pitching
    Last edited by coconut; 10-01-2017 at 09:25 PM.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

2017 Offseason Thread

It's hard to know who will step up and become elite next season. I'm not a big fan of high school kids either, drafting 4, we will get someone good, that's all I got for now.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Tigers pick first LMAO. At least They know the season is over and lose when it counts.

No faith in Berger ?
    Definitely not at at 3rd base.
    Burgur is most likely a DH...a Schwarber body type only I think Burger has Schwarber beat with his weight and his lack of coordination in the field. The kid is a tank.

I found this........While his glovework may not be the pompous affair of some who are known for their defensive wizardry, such as the Angels’ Andrelton Simmons or the Indians’ Fransisco Lindor, it is not a weakness by any means. He has an arm that grades out above average, and his fielding should be enough to allow him to stick at third long term.

Baseball America got a good look at his defensive abilities during the first USA Baseball Collegiate National Team trials on June 28 of 2016. They summed it up quite nicely by saying this:

Missouri State third baseman Jake Burger opened practice showing a plus arm during infield, firing accurate throws from deep down the line and showing impressive movement in every direction despite his thick build.

It's going to be quiet around here for awhile.

It was not the best year they have ever had, but honestly, under the circumstances it wasn't bad.

Renteria seems like a good manager moving forward, something I haven't been able to say about the White Sox since, Tony LaRussa.
    Adding Robert and Eloy was huge, those two are going to be leaders on this team soon.
    I'm happy with what Gio and Lopez showed, Carson Fulmer too.

Looking forward to March.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

When you rebuild and draft high you gotta hit on your draft picks. You guys will go with someone who has a projectable ML future and is ranked as a top talent. High school position players are risky, college is where I'd be looking if I was in your front office. If you aren't competeting for some time in two-three years you decide on keeping Avasail or Jose, but I don't think you keep both. Avy Garcia should net you some top talent...

I want to keep Muttman awake before he goes into hibernation for the winter so here is a little bedtime story or perhaps a nightmare for cubs fans.
    Anyway, it would go something like this.... First, the Cubs lose in the playoffs, perhaps stepping out in the first round. (yay) Second, Cub owner Joe Rickettts calls his son Tom to express discontent about Epstein, citing failure in the playoffs (when his real reason is Theo's politics, including taking the cubs to see Obama who Ricketts and his wife and sons hate). Epstein senses some discomfort by the Ricketts so just for the halibut, calls Jerry Reinsdorf, just to kind of talk things over. Reinsdorf, a loyalist on the one hand, but on the other, a cagey business man who would seize on any business opportunity, decides to offer Epstein a huge contract, twice what Ricketts is paying him. Epstein agrees and displaces Kenny William as President of the White Sox. Epstein then becomes in charge of rebuilding the White Sox and bringing another World Series to the South side.
    Maybe just a hallucination but Jerry is not getting any younger, is a billionaire who could easily afford doing something like this, and what a legacy something like that would be.

I'm only dozing GP, not sound a sleep. I'll be hanging out in the Bears forum mostly until December.

Nice fairy tale, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Give me some bullpen help, a used SP or two and I'll be happy this winter.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Right-hander Michael Ynoa has re-signed with the White Sox rather than test minor league free agency. Ynoa was outrighted off Chicago’s roster earlier this season after posting a 5.90 ERA over 29 innings. Once a highly-touted international signing as a teenager, Ynoa has struggled with his command in both the minors and at the big league level, with a 5.9 BB/9 over 59 career innings with the White Sox in 2016-17.

Dan Hayes of CSN Chicago announced on Thursday that Charlie Tilson had been cleared for baseball activities.

Tilson will join the Sox Instructional League team that will also feature some top prospects from the organization. Zack Collins, Dylan Cease and Blake Rutherford are iincluded on the Sox Instructional League roster.

I'd really like to see this team break ST.

1B..Abreu

2B..Moncada

SS..Anderson

3B..Davidson

C...Smith/Narvaez

DH....A. Garcia

LF...Delmonico

CF....Tilson

RF..Ryan Cordell

Bench...Y.Sanchez,L.Garcia, W. Garcia

The pitching needs more thought......with Rodon out early....
    Last edited by coconut; 10-04-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Here is a list of the free agent pitchers coconut.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/co...gent-pitchers/

The only name I like on that list is Tyson Ross.

You may get your wish, as things stand right now ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast