Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    I wouldn't be shocked if they signed another pitcher. Rodon being iffy, Fulmer, Gio and Lopez are all still inexperienced.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I feel like we should be in the bidding for Seung-Hwang Oh. If the price isn't crazy high, you take a short term risk on him and if he gets back to 2016 form, you trade him mid season. Seems like a low risk high reward deal and I'm sure we have the money.
    Trade or free agent? Think heís still controlled by cards, right?

I'd also feel better with better options in CF and 3B. I'd rather use Yolmer as super sub at 2B,SS,3B and still get his AB's. In CF ....something better than Engle and L.Garcia.

That said I'm excited to see what Tilson,Palka,Cordell can do in ST.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Yeah, thereís not much out there at those 2 positions in free agency, thatís the tough part. I like Moustakis, but feel his deal will be a little too long for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Trade or free agent? Think heís still controlled by cards, right?
    What I read it sounded like he was a FA. Could be wrong.

Yolmer Sanchez requested $2.35 million and was offered $2.1 million by the White Sox when arbitration figures were exchanged on Friday.
    It is the first time that Sanchez is arbitration-eligible, due to his status as a super-two player. He is expected to open the 2018 season as the club's starting third baseman.

Quote Originally Posted by swanekj View Post

I think it more likely we end the season with

Giolito
    Lopez
    Kopech
    Hansen
    Dunning

On another subject, now that Bruce has signed for $13 million a year, how pissed is Moustakas going to be if he has to sign for less than the qualifying offer of $17.4 he already turned down?

Did you give up on Rodon? I donít think Dunning will be up this year. In 2019 I think heíll be on the Kopech timeline with Cease on the Alec Hansen timeline. But there probably wonít be room for them in the rotation.

The fact that we could see Eloy and Kopech fairly quickly this season has me ready to go. Plus the growth of Moncada, Delmonico and the pitchers. Hopefully this is the last true year of rebuilding and it all starts coming together for 2019.

If you guys have twitter there is a lot of video going around. A lot of Sox young hitters are in Arizona right now doing a hitting camp.

Yep, Spring Training will answer a few questions.....

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Did you give up on Rodon? I donít think Dunning will be up this year. In 2019 I think heíll be on the Kopech timeline with Cease on the Alec Hansen timeline. But there probably wonít be room for them in the rotation.

I now see Rodon as fragile. I figure any 23 year old starter that dominates at AA, and is promoted in late season to AAA and does well there, immediately becomes a starter for the Sox. I think that will happen to both Dunning and Hansen this year. Cease next year entirely.

Fulmer is the one that needs to prove himself at the major league level this year.

Spencer Adams has a lot of potential to make the majors, even this year at only age 22, just because he tossed more than 150 innings in each of the last two years. Rare in the minors these days. Improvement in his slider is the key.

Last edited by swanekj; 01-17-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Rodon is a huge question mark, all the talent in the world, but apparently made of glass.
    If/when he can pitch for an extended period of time and show his stuff I'd absolutely consider dealing him, selling high.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

It's nice to have a lefty in the rotation........wasn't long ago we were loaded with lefties.....

Leury Garcia is now batting .500 in Cuban League and rumor has it Engle has put on quite a bit of muscle. We may have a nice competition for the CF job.......

Charlie Tilson is going to own CF this year lol

I like Engle personally
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast