Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Prior to this past 2017 season Kopech never pitched above high A ball. He started in AA and dominated so he will start in AAA and I assume be a late season call up.
    Kopech will IMO be ready out of ST.........But because he will be on a innings limit for the year he will start in AAA. Called up beginning of June. You do not want to waste too many bullets in that arm in AAA.

I would also take a flyer on Travis Wood....

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I would also take a flyer on Travis Wood....

As a reliever, sure. But we still need at least two chum throwers to eat innings at the dump end of the rotation. Chris Tillman, Wade Miley, A.J. Griffin, Nick Martínez, and/or Jeremy Hellickson?

🚨 White Sox Announce Spring Training Dates 🚨
    2/14 - Pitchers & Catchers report
    2/19 - Position Players report
    2/19 – First Full-Squad Workout
    2/23 – First Cactus League Game vs. Dodgers

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Ok we all agree we have some good young arms
    we all agree that 2018 will still be a rebuild year
    can we agree that 2019 is a "give it a go year"

then why not get our young arms some big league innings? Or do you think we should hold them back and throw them to the wolves in 2019

why not try this ..we have shields fulmer giolito, lopez,rodon (when he comes back).kopech, cease, hansen, dunning,clarkin,puckett, adams

if you are worried about big innings on these young arms then have a 6 man rotation,,that saves about 30 to 35 innings a year on the whole staff
    take it a step future...the 6th man would be say kopech cease hansen..limit each to 45 pitches or 3 innings..encourage first pitch strikes. Getting ahead in the count, then on the day they side pitch say the 3rd day after...they could pitch 1 inning in relief..if needed

you could rotate them down to aaa and bring up 3 more ...everyone could get a taste of the bigs..and be more ready for 2019...coop would get first hand look at each guy also..

Kopech starts in AAA, most likely called up in late May/early June.
    2018 is another crap year, they will be better but not contend.
    Sign a couple of vet innings eaters to get through the year.
    2019 is the first year to start contending.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

ESPN came out with an article predicting the destinations for the remaining free agents, they have the Sox as the best bet for Mike Moustakas. I think the longer he remains a free agent the more his price will go down. I'd prefer to go after Machado next year, but he's a bidding war waiting to happen. If you can get Moustakas at a decent price you can take the remaining Machado money and spend it at another position. Plus Moustakas is a lefty power bat something the Sox desperately need.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash View Post
    ESPN came out with an article predicting the destinations for the remaining free agents, they have the Sox as the best bet for Mike Moustakas. I think the longer he remains a free agent the more his price will go down. I'd prefer to go after Machado next year, but he's a bidding war waiting to happen. If you can get Moustakas at a decent price you can take the remaining Machado money and spend it at another position. Plus Moustakas is a lefty power bat something the Sox desperately need.

Yeh, if the price goes down, KC will try to resign him, but, I like the idea.....

I'd love Moose at a decent price. He is still young enough to be part of a contending team and I am not sold on Burger being our 3rd baseman of the future.

MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro wrote yesterday
    As for Yelich, the Cardinals, Phillies, Diamondbacks, Giants, White Sox are among the teams that have been connected to him in previous reports, and surely there are others that have at least gauged the asking price as well.
    I SAY ..WHY NOT

Yelich, Christian cf /$42M THRU 2022 CENTERFIELDER FOR THE FUTURE

Ziegler, Brad rhp 2018) $9,000,000 BULL PEN ARM/COULD FLIP HIM AT DEADLINE

Edinson Volquez SP 9M 2018 STARTER /FLIP CANDIDATE

MARLINS GET SALARY RELIEF ..WE GET A BP PITCHER THAT IF COOP CAN IMPROVE THEM WE FLIP AND A STARTER TO EAT SOME INNINGS

marlins pick up
    Blake Rutherford OF Top 100 Prospects (#40)
    Dylan Cease RHP Top 100 Prospects (#58)
    A.J. Puckett RHP . A potential No. 4 starter, he should advance quickly

I'm a big Yelich fan, but Miami is going to ask for an Adam Eaton haul in return. If the Sox were on the cusp of contending, I'd be more open to a deal like that but he's not the type of player that's going to put this current Sox team over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital G View Post
    I'd love Moose at a decent price. He is still young enough to be part of a contending team and I am not sold on Burger being our 3rd baseman of the future.
    MLBTR’s Connor Byrne recently made the argument that Todd Frazier, not Moustakas, may be the best third baseman on the market this winter

Frazier 2017 27 hrs .344OBP .772 OPS/3 yrs 30M .Veteran leader
    Machado 33 hrs ..310 OBP ..782 OPS/ we would lose 3 top prospects if we trade for him /cost 200m to resign him
    Moustakas 38 hrs .314 OBP .835 OPS / we would lose draft pick if we sign Boros agent

MLBTR ranked Moustakas sixth on our list of the offseason’s Top 50 Free Agents, with a predicted contract of five years and $85MM. Moustakas is represented by Scott Boras

I think if MM was going to sign for 5 years and under 100M he would have signed up now. He is probably looking for a 7 year 150M deal. For the right price he is definitely someone I wouldnt mind the Sox going after. Seeing that going into the 2020's we have no money allocated to contracts.

Moose would give Burger a couple years to develop.....if he shows he's the future, you can flip Moose for other prospects.

It's not like either guy would be "locked" into a position, they can swap 1B for 3B and vise versa.

In theory ... Machado could still be in play next year too as he wants to be a short stop.
    Tim Anderson could be moved to CF
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast