Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Just seems like a really weak free agent class. Donít want any of the pitchers at the price they are going to go at, including Lynn. He should get a 3-4year deal, no thanks.

But I feel we need to try finding a potential starter player now that fits in the 2019-2023 window of when we should be competing as we have the money, and to me Hosmer is only guy that catches my eye.

I think Maddon will go down as an all time great manager

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Just seems like a really weak free agent class. Donít want any of the pitchers at the price they are going to go at, including Lynn. He should get a 3-4year deal, no thanks.

But I feel we need to try finding a potential starter player now that fits in the 2019-2023 window of when we should be competing as we have the money, and to me Hosmer is only guy that catches my eye.
    Yep I agree on both Hosmer and the FA class. Hosmer is like literally the only FA this year that fits our timeline and doubtful we can land him.

These contracts buying out FA years on the young premium talent seem to be occurring more and more making FA very uninteresting.

Save our money and go after one of the big 2 next year.

OK HERE IS WHAT I SUGGEST THE WHITE SOX DO THIS OFFSEASON

The Marlins announced that theyíve declined a $2MM club option on outfielder Ichiro Suzuki

OK WHY NOT SIGN ICHIRO 2YRS 4 M...WITH A COACHING OPTION FOR THE FUTURE
    THEN BE THE BIGGEST PLAYER WHEN IT COMES TO SIGNING OTANI..PEOPLE SAY OTANI REALLY LIKES AND ADMIRES ICHIRO

Shohei Otani Positions: Outfielder and Pitcher /he may not necessarily sign with the highest bidder Otani may prefer to sign with an American League club so that he can serve as a designated hitter on some of the days that he is not scheduled to pitch,

WHAT AN OFFSEASON THIS WOULD BE

I'm no expert on this, maybe someone can help us out. But does what we spent on Robert essentially take us out of any bidding for Otani from an IFA signing standpoint?

This article explains the process

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox...the-white-sox/

There are also 11 clubs that are in the penalty phase in regards to international spending and they can't allocate more than $300,000 for any player - including the White Sox.

Great read. The answer is no.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Charlie Tilson, the White Sox No. 19 prospect, made his Major League debut on August 2, 2016. He notched a single in his first at-bat but left the game two innings later after tearing his left hamstring.

On Thursday, in just his sixth game since missing the entire 2017 regular season, Tilson reached base four times to help the Glendale Desert Dogs defeat the Surprise Saguaros, 6-2, in Arizona Fall League action.

"I feel really good," Tilson said. "I'm really happy to have this opportunity. I think getting acclimated to baseball movements is good for me and my development."

Tilson capped a four-run third inning with an RBI ground-rule double to left field. He ended the day 1-for-2 with three walks and an RBI. While the stat line doesn't jump off the page, for Tilson it was big for his confidence.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Charlie Tilson, the White Sox No. 19 prospect, made his Major League debut on August 2, 2016. He notched a single in his first at-bat but left the game two innings later after tearing his left hamstring.

On Thursday, in just his sixth game since missing the entire 2017 regular season, Tilson reached base four times to help the Glendale Desert Dogs defeat the Surprise Saguaros, 6-2, in Arizona Fall League action.

"I feel really good," Tilson said. "I'm really happy to have this opportunity. I think getting acclimated to baseball movements is good for me and my development."

Tilson capped a four-run third inning with an RBI ground-rule double to left field. He ended the day 1-for-2 with three walks and an RBI. While the stat line doesn't jump off the page, for Tilson it was big for his confidence.
    i would love for him to stay healthy and fight for CF job. If he can be a Gardner type it would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Sorry, but this is utter nonsense. When was the last time the Sox had a farm system this good? Also, I don't buy the notion that any GM could have made the same moves or better. That Eaton trade was a steal from the start, and with how Giolitio has pitched it looks even better.

Although Hahn can't be totally excused from some of the things you mentioned above, I really believe that KW was running the show prior to blowing up the roster. The Sox could have done a lot worse with their hand. Unless most of our prospects completely bust, Hahn will be here for a while and deserves to stick it out. If anyone should go, it's KW who has been a disaster since our last championship.
    KW's job is safe with loyal Jerry. KW did convince Robert to sign with his private scouting trip. If Gar Forman/John Paxson combo is safe with Jerry (Lord help us all Bulls fans) having at least Hahn doing the major overhaul is the upside of the combo GM Jerry favs. More upside with the Sox from the Bulls the next five years.

Jimenez soon done with winter baseball
    Eloy Jimenez, the White Sox No. 1 prospect and No. 4 overall according to MLBPipeline.com, soon will be done with his winter ball in the Dominican Republic, according to Hahn, as planned going into his competition. Jimenez has a .365 average with four homers and 20 RBIs over 17 games and will be part of the White Sox hitters minicamp in January in Arizona.

He has nothing left to prove there. This kid can hit, hope to see him in the majors soon, late '18 or 2019.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

What Would You Demand in a Trade for Avi and/or Abreu?

What Would You Demand in a Trade for Avi and/or Abreu?

I'd be looking for several left-handed hitting position players with one year of service or less, but I'm not sure who fits the bill.

Boston had some interest in Abreu........any trade with them must start with Jay Groome...

You cant get a top 50 prospect for ABREU BUT I would take these 3 guys from the Cardinals

Austin Gomber | Rank: 15 LEFTHANDED PITCHER
    Team: Springfield Cardinals (AA) ETA: 2017 Position: LHP Age: 23 / Big and strong, Gomber has all the makings of a workhorse starter, one who can pitch in the middle or back of a rotation for a long time.

Oscar Mercado | Rank: 18
    Team: Springfield Cardinals (AA) ETA: 2018 Position: OF Age: 22//The 22-year-old's maturity, both physically and mentally, has been key. Added strength has led to vastly improved bat speed, allowing him to make more consistent hard contact from the right side of the plate, even showing some extra-base pop. He's always been a good basestealer and that's continued as he's moved up to the upper levels of the system., he has the chance to impact a big league outfield in the near future.OBP .341../ 13 HRS../ 38 SBS IN AA 2017

Andrew Knizner | Rank: 27 (Team: Springfield Cardinals (AA) ETA: 2019 Position: C Age: 22 Knizner now just one level behind top catching prospect Carson Kelly in the system. There is some pop in his bat and he's already learned how to turn his doubles power in college into over-the-fence ability in the Minors. He's still learning behind the plate, but his solid arm has thrown out better than 40 percent of would-be basestealers as a pro

This would not hurt the Cards but would give the Sox some more talent to trade later..

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast