Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    No way will White Sox fans give Hahn another three years. He has been at this since 2012 as GM and had several years with the WS before that. Look at his entire body of work with the WS.
    He started out giving Jeff Keppinger a three year contract to play third base. 5 years later, the Sox are still not set at third base. The Tatis Jr. for Shields trade was at best unnecessarily costly.
    Yes, Hahn got good players in return for Sale and Quintana, two of the best pitchers in baseball, but a lot of GMs could have made those trades, and some might have done better. And why was the LaRoach situation allowed to continue? KW and Hahn were responsible. And why did they let Ventura ride out the last few years of his contract in a coma?
    I would try to replace KW and Hahn with a new management team that would infuse some new ideas and provide a new direction for the team. My first call would be to Theo Epstein to try to steal him from Ricketts. If that isn't an option there are any number of other former players and baseball people who would love the opportunity
    Sorry, but this is utter nonsense. When was the last time the Sox had a farm system this good? Also, I don't buy the notion that any GM could have made the same moves or better. That Eaton trade was a steal from the start, and with how Giolitio has pitched it looks even better.

Although Hahn can't be totally excused from some of the things you mentioned above, I really believe that KW was running the show prior to blowing up the roster. The Sox could have done a lot worse with their hand. Unless most of our prospects completely bust, Hahn will be here for a while and deserves to stick it out. If anyone should go, it's KW who has been a disaster since our last championship.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Sorry, but this is utter nonsense. When was the last time the Sox had a farm system this good? Also, I don't buy the notion that any GM could have made the same moves or better. That Eaton trade was a steal from the start, and with how Giolitio has pitched it looks even better.

Although Hahn can't be totally excused from some of the things you mentioned above, I really believe that KW was running the show prior to blowing up the roster. The Sox could have done a lot worse with their hand. Unless most of our prospects completely bust, Hahn will be here for a while and deserves to stick it out. If anyone should go, it's KW who has been a disaster since our last championship.
    Very much agreed. We have an extremely bright future as it appears now, and that is all due to Hahn. We know what KW's approach has always been and the moves in Hahns 1st few years were reflective of that, essentially showing that KW was still calling the shots.

I mean it's probably not easy to do your job when your boss is whispering in your ear to trade your top prospects for washed up players or trying to get you to bring Carl Everett and Sandy Alomar Jr out of retirement.

Hahn had publicly stated we needed a rebuild long before we actually started it, but KW would always be out there telling the media the opposite and it feels like last winter Jerry finally told KW to let Hahn run the show. 1 year later we went from one of the worst farm systems with nothing to look forward to at the MLB level to easily the best farm with an awesome future ahead of us.

If the WS gave him an extension I'd be all for it.

First of all GP, White Sox fans don't get to decide if or when Rick Hahn gets fired. If they did, I'm pretty sure KW and Robin Ventura would have been run out of town a long time ago.
    It takes a few years to build up a team, for example ... did you watch the world series?
    The White Sox are on the right path, have arguably the best farm system in baseball and young, developing talent on the MLB roster. Nothing is guaranteed, ever but the Sox future is very bright and for that you can thank Rick Hahn.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    No way will White Sox fans give Hahn another three years. He has been at this since 2012 as GM and had several years with the WS before that. Look at his entire body of work with the WS.
    He started out giving Jeff Keppinger a three year contract to play third base. 5 years later, the Sox are still not set at third base. The Tatis Jr. for Shields trade was at best unnecessarily costly.
    Yes, Hahn got good players in return for Sale and Quintana, two of the best pitchers in baseball, but a lot of GMs could have made those trades, and some might have done better. And why was the LaRoach situation allowed to continue? KW and Hahn were responsible. And why did they let Ventura ride out the last few years of his contract in a coma?
    I would try to replace KW and Hahn with a new management team that would infuse some new ideas and provide a new direction for the team. My first call would be to Theo Epstein to try to steal him from Ricketts. If that isn't an option there are any number of other former players and baseball people who would love the opportunity
    I am the biggest Theo fan out there, but he is signed through 2021.

Yes the Shields trade was bad, but everything else since has been great. Back when he first started as GM I think a lot of the moves he made had Kenny's stench on them. They were trying to win but throwing **** at a wall and hoping it stuck. If it was up to Hahn this team would've been blown up a while ago.

They are in the second year of a rebuild, you just don't fire the GM in the middle of that.

So what free agents do you see them going after this offseason? Lets start a list of who we think.

http://legacy.baseballprospectus.com...ition-players/

Here are position players I like, Joey Bats, Trevor Plouffe, Carlos Gomez, Howie Kendrick, Colby Rasmus as all sign and flip guys for the right price.

http://legacy.baseballprospectus.com...gent-pitchers/

Here are starters that I like, Andrew Cashner, Miguel Gonzalez, Lance Lynn again as all sign and flip guys.

http://legacy.baseballprospectus.com...ers/relievers/

Relievers Steve Cishek, Neftali Feliz, JP Howell, Brandon Kintzler sign him and flip him.

1 or 2 starting pitchers
    A couple of bullpen guys.
    As for position players-honestly I think they should go with what they have.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    http://legacy.baseballprospectus.com...ition-players/

Here are position players I like, Joey Bats, Trevor Plouffe, Carlos Gomez, Howie Kendrick, Colby Rasmus as all sign and flip guys for the right price.

http://legacy.baseballprospectus.com...gent-pitchers/

Here are starters that I like, Andrew Cashner, Miguel Gonzalez, Lance Lynn again as all sign and flip guys.

http://legacy.baseballprospectus.com...ers/relievers/

Relievers Steve Cishek, Neftali Feliz, JP Howell, Brandon Kintzler sign him and flip him.
    Yeah I was just going through starting pitchers, Cashner was a guy that I came across. I can't believe his K/9 was under 5. That's insane. I think Lance Lynn could be a very good sign and flip guy as would Gonzalez.

Any of those RP would make sense.

The offense is where things could get interesting. CF and RF/DH are the two spots I see that they could pick someone up to flip them. Depends on how much they want to let Davidson play 3B.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    1 or 2 starting pitchers
    A couple of bullpen guys.
    As for position players-honestly I think they should go with what they have.

I tend to agree, we need to have space available when our prospects are ready,but,I really don't want to go through another year of sub .200 batting averages in the lineup. I think we need a better option in CF unless you feel L. Garcia can continue. I don't know if Tilson can make it back, and if Ryan Cordell can play CF, but, both are also options. I think Delmonico is a lock to start in LF.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

I like Engle but he needs to hit.
    Tilson is nothing but a question mark.

How about a deal for Traycee Thompson?
    CF could be addressed with a veteran, but 2018 is another developmental year, winning not the goal.

I like Delmonico in LF and Avi in RF, assuming he stays.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Absolutely love to get Thompson back, but, at what cost ?

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Should be a fairly boring off-season, probably using most of their free agent money on pitchers. Still too many positional players with question marks, will be interesting to see who develops over the off-season and if certain players can make adjustments next year.

The only FA signings I'd like to see are vets on short deals that could potentially be flipped at the deadline. 1-2 inning eaters in the rotation, similar to Gonzo last year and a few bullpen guys that hopefully are lights out for a few months that can bring something back later on.

However I don't want us to sign guys like Holland/Pelfrey again, as those signings just signaled to me that we're not trying to win games. I'd like to start trending up in the W column and bring in our youth as we do so.

No one is really talking about it, but Hosmer to me, makes a lot of sense and fills a long term need. Iím all about the sox starting to target pieces to add to core now if the contract is right. 2019 can be a year we actually compete, so we might as well start using some of our abundance in cap space

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    No one is really talking about it, but Hosmer to me, makes a lot of sense and fills a long term need. Iím all about the sox starting to target pieces to add to core now if the contract is right. 2019 can be a year we actually compete, so we might as well start using some of our abundance in cap space

Hosmer will command $18 million plus per year, on a 6 year guaranteed contract, with his option to walk after the second and fourth years.

https://kckingdom.com/2017/09/30/roy...lion-contract/

Hopefully, there will be some lefty batter at our draft choice so good we can wait til '20 (second half / late) for him to show.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast