Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    I like Renteria. Did a good job with the young guys and kept us competitive and somewhat fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by navysoxfan View Post
    Right now Girardi , Collins and Baker 3 Managers with World Series Leadership are Availiable and Iím Sick and tired of hearing what a great Job Rick Renteria has done Managing 2 Chicago baseball teams to mediocre records
    Two bad teams to mediocre records? I thought he managed well this year given the lack of talent. Plus he has the respect of the players. Much better than Ventura.

When/if Renteria poorly manages a good Chicago baseball team then bring on the criticism. The facts are that he has lead two rebuilding teams and done pretty well with both. The Cubs being what they are they dumped him for that bozo Maddon, the so-called genius. We need to let him have a few years on the south side and we'll see how it goes.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    When/if Renteria poorly manages a good Chicago baseball team then bring on the criticism. The facts are that he has lead two rebuilding teams and done pretty well with both. The Cubs being what they are they dumped him for that bozo Maddon, the so-called genius. We need to let him have a few years on the south side and we'll see how it goes.
    Can't think of any manager that is perfect, however I know he's been outcoached in the playoffs at times I'll admit. He also does have the best record in baseball since he's been on the north side. If a Manager like Joe Maddon comes around and wants to coach the Sox, I'd gladly say goodbye to Renteria, while holding nothing against Renteria for what he's done here.

Same with Girardi. I'm all for keeping Renteria, but if someone like Girardi expresses interest in our managerial position, no matter what state our team is in I'd look to bring him in if at all possible.

Maddon won in Tampa too, understand that, not downplaying his accomplishments ... to me he's just too much of a sideshow, but that's just my opinion. We had a guy like that in Ozzie, loved him as a player, liked him as a manager - for awhile, but his antics got old. Cubs fans love Maddon, they have a good team, will be good for awhile, just not my style.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by navysoxfan View Post
    Right now Girardi , Collins and Baker 3 Managers with World Series Leadership are Availiable and Iím Sick and tired of hearing what a great Job Rick Renteria has done Managing 2 Chicago baseball teams to mediocre records
    The only manager that you named I would be somewhat interested in is Girardi. But I really like Ricky and the culture that he has brought to the Sox. You can tell a lot of the players love him as well.

The Sox are still rebuilding anyway, so his record is irrelevant. Also when he was with the Cubs they were rebuilding as well.

Here is my 2018 lineup:

DH Davidson/Delmonico
    1B Abreu (do not trade him - let him show the young guys how to handle the mlb)
    2B Moncada
    SS Anderson
    3B Yolmer
    RF Avi (I think trade value will be significantly up if he can bat over 0.300 until the all-star break)
    CF Leury Garcia
    LF Tilson (or one of the other mid 20 OF in the system)
    C Narvaez/Smith

SP Giolito
    SP Lopez
    SP Shields
    SP Fulmer
    SP Veteran guy for 5-7 mio

In june/july the team will get jimenez, kopech and Rodon

Let's see what they can do - I would not be shocked if they can they at an even 0.500

I agree with that except that I think Delmonico starts in LF until Eli comes up sometime after the Super 2 deadline.
    I have no idea how Tilson might fit in but if he can stay healthy, he has a chance.

IMO, Avi is not going to be traded for a few years. I consider him as one of the building blocks on a ateam that needs hitters.
    It is not easy to find any position player through the Draft or via trade that can hit .330...in any full season.

Renteria is fine as Manager. There is no reason to replace him.
    I'd like to see a new VP and GM to replace KW and Hahn.
    Hahn had made some good moves in the past year, but his overall performance as a GM has been pretty awful. The revolving door at 3rd base, Keppinger, et. al., has been a joke. The LaRoach fiasco should never have been allowed to happen. Ventura should have been fired years ago. OK some good trades but those have been offset by foolish trades for James Shields, Todd Frazier. etc.

At the end of the day, management is responsible for the Sox having to tank the team in order to start over.

I think , if healthy......the OF will be Delmonico in LF.....Charlie Tilson/L.Garcia in CF....and Avi/Ryan Cordell in RF will DH being filled by odd man out here. You may see a FA brought in too ....Lknow you Andam Engle fans will be disappointed,but, a .165 avg. just doesn't cut it.....
    Last edited by coconut; 10-28-2017 at 08:35 PM.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Hahn isn't going anywhere.
    Ventura was here too long, but that's not on Hahn, pretty sure it was KW who hired him.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I agree with that except that I think Delmonico starts in LF until Eli comes up sometime after the Super 2 deadline.
    I have no idea how Tilson might fit in but if he can stay healthy, he has a chance.

IMO, Avi is not going to be traded for a few years. I consider him as one of the building blocks on a ateam that needs hitters.
    It is not easy to find any position player through the Draft or via trade that can hit .330...in any full season.

Renteria is fine as Manager. There is no reason to replace him.
    I'd like to see a new VP and GM to replace KW and Hahn.
    Hahn had made some good moves in the past year, but his overall performance as a GM has been pretty awful. The revolving door at 3rd base, Keppinger, et. al., has been a joke. The LaRoach fiasco should never have been allowed to happen. Ventura should have been fired years ago. OK some good trades but those have been offset by foolish trades for James Shields, Todd Frazier. etc.

At the end of the day, management is responsible for the Sox having to tank the team in order to start over.
    Woah..with the trades Hahn has made, I think it's crazy to talk about replacing him. If these guys don't pan out, sure. I think KW had his hand in a lot of the moves prior to the Sale trade.

Yea getting rid of Hahn is laughable.

If the Sox are gonna start again the only excuse would be that Jerry sold the team. Anything else Ida unacceptable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rebuilds take time. Granted the White Sox should have started a few years ago, but we are where we are.
    Year 1 when alright, how about we give it 3 years and see what we have. If they are still tanking in 2020 then we have a problem.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

No way will White Sox fans give Hahn another three years. He has been at this since 2012 as GM and had several years with the WS before that. Look at his entire body of work with the WS.
    He started out giving Jeff Keppinger a three year contract to play third base. 5 years later, the Sox are still not set at third base. The Tatis Jr. for Shields trade was at best unnecessarily costly.
    Yes, Hahn got good players in return for Sale and Quintana, two of the best pitchers in baseball, but a lot of GMs could have made those trades, and some might have done better. And why was the LaRoach situation allowed to continue? KW and Hahn were responsible. And why did they let Ventura ride out the last few years of his contract in a coma?
    I would try to replace KW and Hahn with a new management team that would infuse some new ideas and provide a new direction for the team. My first call would be to Theo Epstein to try to steal him from Ricketts. If that isn't an option there are any number of other former players and baseball people who would love the opportunity

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast