Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

2017 Offseason Thread

So the rebuild IMO is going into year 3, for the 2018 season. We should see some of the young guys up late in the 2018 season.

2019 season should see a lot of the young guys and that's when they start competing.

Who would you like to see the Sox sign this offseason to be able to flip to contenders?

Well, no names right now,but depending on how many young arms we break with in ST.....I think we might need another innings eating starter or two and hopefully Nate Jones & Petricka and company can come back to give some stability

Also, depending on Tilson....we might need another vet outfielder for a while till Eloy and Robert/ Rutherford are ready...

The rest is all good...let the kids play

White Sox & Redskins Forever

A lot of Debbie Downers on Matt Davidson too. Don't many better options there though..

I'd say this was year 1 of the rebuild. The Rebuild started when we traded Sale and Eaton. I don't see this rebuild taking extremely long.

2nd base is obviously set with Moncada!

SS is set with Tim Anderson, and I think we will draft the top young high school SS prospect with our top 4 pick next year.

3B we let Davidson ride it out until Burger is ready and hope that Davidson can be productive enough to be a small trade piece.

1B is Abreu's with Sheets the spec in waiting if we decide to trade Abreu, which I doubt. I think he's the face of our franchise with the young players following his lead. He's as consistent as they come. .290ish, 30 HR, 100 RBIs.

OF we have Avisail, Delmonico, and a bunch of place holders taking up space until Robert, Eloy, Rutherford are ready. Robert prolly won't see MLB action until late 2019. Eloy I see late 2018. Rutherford I'm not sure. I can see Ryan Cordell being up early next year to see what we have there. He dealt with injuries but is pretty versatile and he's already 25 so the time is now for him.

C should be held down by Kevan Smith until Zach Collins is ready to make a jump. Also see him being summer call up.

Starting Pitching we will probably start with Rodon/Gilioto/Lopez/Fulmer/Shields with Kopech and Hansen being late season call ups. Those 2 are the prize pitchers of the group IMO.

Next year will be the last year of bad contracts on the books. Most of our playing time should go to young players to start building for 2019 when most of our top specs are up, and we have all kinds of money to spend on needs for a winning team. We should stack up our BP this offseason with short term contracts and hope we get some high upside guys that we can use to trade to rebuild the farm after our top guys get called up. Avisail seems like a prime candidate to be traded if we don't see him in our future plans. His value is as high as it will ever be.

This is what I would like to see in 18....

C-Smith/Narvarez
    1b. Abreu/Davidson/Delmonico
    2nd. Moncada
    SS. Anderson
    3rd. Sanchez/Davidson
    DH. Davidson/Delmonico
    OF. Avi, Delmonico, Engel (he wont hit but on this team as is why not).

Let's see give some playing time to Gillespie and Cordell.

Sign someone like Hammel to flip. Unless Fulmer shows he can be a starter. Then no need to waste money. Let the kids play and develop.

SP:
    Rodon
    Giolito
    Lopez
    Shields
    Hammel

We bring up kopech when we flip Hammel

Don't care about the BP. Bring up whoever and we can see who can cut it for 2019 when I think we start to be decent.

You gotta find a better option than Engle.......a great fielder and nice guy,but, you gotta hit more than .175....to play in this league.

I'd love to see Tilson and Cordell healthy and playing.....

Looking ahead to the draft.........it looks like Brady Singer is gonna go before we pick. It looks like Seth Beer may fall ,but, do we really need another DH ?...........the HS SS Turang is committed to LSU...so why go that route?

What about the other Florida pitcher ...Jackson Komar ?

Nicky Delmonico........what to do with him ?

1. Super Sub at LF,3B,1B,DH

2. Full time 3B

3. Full time LF

I'd say as of right now Delmonico is in LF to start '18.
    Davidson gets another season to show his worth, the rest of the lineup will be what you see now.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Left field in 18. Super sub in 19.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

One starter, and some bullpen guys will be added over the winter, wouldn't expect any big moves this time around. 2018 is the end of the innocence, watch out for the White Sox in 2019.
    Hope I'm still alive to see it.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

BREAKING: Carlos Rodon is expected to miss 6-8 months after having an arthroscopic procedure done on his left shoulder yesterday. He will make a full recovery. July 1 , he should be ready.......great......just great....

It's disappointing that he continues to miss time, but I guess better to have the surgery now than later..

2017 Offseason Thread

Rodon, sigh 😔
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Well, it is officially the offseason, and we get pick #4 ..........now on to the discussion.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast