• Jerry West

0 0%
  • Tim Duncan

8 36.36%
  • Hakeem Olajuwon

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PSD NBA All-Time Player Power Rankings: #5

Take into account careers (Accolades/Rings/Awards/Accomplishments/Peak/Longevity) of each of the available players and take your pick

1.) Michael Jordan
    2.) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    3.) Lebron James
    4.) Wilt Chamberlain
    5.)

Shaq 4 me. I could buy an argument for Duncan tho.

Td

Shaq here for me, but I won't argue with a Duncan selection either.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I got Duncan here but as others have stated, im fine with Shaq here too.

Tim here. Shaq's short period of TRUE dominance doesn't beat an established career of full dominance. Granted, Shaq's 1998-2003 years were just unstoppable but then again, Tim was arguably the best defender since he's been in the league and has been the foundation of a winning organization for nearly two decades.. also, has more rings. Even in the latter years of his career, he was one of the best rim protectors/defenders.

Shq is #6 for me, easily.

Duncan's the only guy left with 15 all-star, all-NBA, and all-defensive team selections. He's easily the greatest power forward ever, while simultaneously being one of the best centers ever.
    This could have been O'Neal, had he committed himself more. I remember listening a podcast involving someone close to Shaquille saying he purposely chose to have more stardom outside of basketball, even knowing it would effect how great he could be on the court. Managing his weight better would have also extended his prime. Even then, he's the most physically imposing player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Duncan's the only guy left with 15 all-star, all-NBA, and all-defensive team selections. He's easily the greatest power forward ever, while simultaneously being one of the best centers ever.
    This could have been O'Neal, had he committed himself more. I remember listening a podcast involving someone close to Shaquille saying he purposely chose to have more stardom outside of basketball, even knowing it would effect how great he could be on the court. Managing his weight better would have also extended his prime. Even then, he's the most physically imposing player ever.
    LeBron is physically the most imposing player if we're considering the lifetime of that player.

Bird and then Shaq for me.

Duncan or Shaq... both should get back to back

Shaq by a slim margin over Timmy for me

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Tim here. Shaq's short period of TRUE dominance doesn't beat an established career of full dominance. Granted, Shaq's 1998-2003 years were just unstoppable but then again, Tim was arguably the best defender since he's been in the league and has been the foundation of a winning organization for nearly two decades.. also, has more rings. Even in the latter years of his career, he was one of the best rim protectors/defenders.

Shq is #6 for me, easily.
    So Shaq was better. You just rank longevity higher

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    So Shaq was better. You just rank longevity higher
    It's not a mathematical equation but I do think Tim's longevity has to matter. I mean, T-Mac had a few amazing seasons that destroys Vince but Vince to me, should be ranked higher.

Shaq then Magic

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    LeBron is physically the most imposing player if we're considering the lifetime of that player.
    Lifetime has nothing to do with it. We're talking about size and brute force. LeBron is the most physically impressive player ever. But prime Shaq would manhandle him and everyone else on the block.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast