Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Thank you Melo? or Thanks for nothing!

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thank you Melo!

7 87.50%
  • Thanks for nothing! (1 good year)

1 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good Bye and Thank you Melo thread, or thanks for nothing!

Post your goodbye note to melo.

Melo, Thanks for all the amazing performances you had in a Knicks uniform.
    Thanks for dropping 62 that night, Never seen a Knicks ring in my ERA. A fan since 84, but the memories created by your legend will be up there in best knicks memories. (Until Porzingis wins us a ring ) then you move down the list sorry. now go get yours!! you deserve it and have been more patient than your peers.
    Last edited by KnickNyKnick; 09-25-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Bye *****

Man people like to ***** he has flaws but he was by far our best player since Ewing
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Man people like to ***** he has flaws but he was by far our best player since Ewing
    May have been our best player talent wise but he never had that Sprewell grit and grind on both ends of the floor that I hope we get back to asap

That said I wish him nothing but success and hope OKC unseats GSW by some miracle

I don't think Carmelo is a bad guy for a rich spoiled athlete. It seems he is a good friend to his cohorts. But he just didn't have that added dimension. The Dominque Wilkins of the modern era? He now has a chance to prove otherwise.

Thank you Melo. Don't listen to the haters. They just need someone to blame. Our team gave up every asset we had to bring you here, and never properly built around you. It's not your fault, despite what some fans say. Like I said, they have to blame someone to make them feel better.

You were one of the greatest Knicks ever. Thank you for so many game winning shots, bringing excitement to Knicks fans during gloomy years.

Don't think of our return for you in your trade as evidence of your worth. The fact we traded you for a new basketball and a high five, does not mean you aren't a valuable asset to a team trying to make a championship run. I will be rooting for your new team to win it all this year. I know you'll have a great year because OKC actually has other good players around you. We never set you up for success.

Good luck, and on behalf of other Knick fans, I sincerely apologize for you being the worst treated star player we've ever had.

Ps. Thank you for your loyalty and love for NY. THAT means a lot to NY fans and will never be forgotten.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 09-25-2017 at 05:52 PM.

I absolutely detested Melo in the beginning.

But I've grown to like him more over the years mostly due to his willingness to take a stand on social issues and put himself out there in that regard. Also, reading all the ridiculously stupid comments about him on the main NBA forum made me appreciate him as a player as well.

In an ideal situation Melo would still be here as an integral piece to a winning team but things just didn't turn out that way.

I wish him the best in OKC and hope he has a fantastic year for them.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I guess it's thank you. But only because he acted like a pr most of the time and was an amazing offensive player.

I'm really glad he's gone. He lacked effort and toughness on defense. I can't stand that.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Was a Melo fan from his Syracuse days. Followed him all his years in Denver and was excited to see him in NY. Not the best results, but i think he played well and handled NY very well. Glad its over here and wish him well in OKC. I can't stand GS or SA or Houston, so I might have a new team in the west to root for as well as my former hometown Nuggets.

That Cuse run. Don't think I've seen anything in the NCAA like that since. Man among boys that year. One guy so completely dominating everyone else physically like that, dude was unstoppable.

It needed to be done, we're gonna be okay. And the Thunder are gonna be hella fun to watch? Pumped for this season
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Real conflicted about Melo and his time as a Knicks. As a Cuse fan I loved Melo and loved watching him in Denver. He was my favorite player in the NBA. From even before he was a Knick and playing games to get traded immediately to the Knicks but should have just come in the offseason. Instead he wanted the full payday and she he would also sign an extension with the Nets, forcing the Knicks to give up everyone except Amar'e. It was all a disappointment from there. I loved watching how great he could be on certain nights but frustrated that the effort and leadership never seemed to be there in his all around game.

Still will be one of my favorites but I can't help but be very disappointed in the entire Carmelo era. I don't think it produced close to what any of us thought when he came here. He absolutely isn't to blame for all of that with Amar'e getting hurt and except the 1 year of old veteran players he never had a strong supporting cast. He also had a lot of conflict with coaches and management which people can say he publicly handled well or "with class" like many want to say but its hard to ignore he actions on and off the court not buying into coaches and working behind the scenes to manipulate and get his way. The sacrifice for the team was just never there to be a winner. I will be rooting for the Thunder and Melo though and I hope with the best talent hes played with he will be finally sacrifice and settle into that 3rd option role for the team's success.

Thanks to Melo for coming too bad the Knicks never gave him the right team to compete. He will show what he really is with the thunder, hope they can take the chip this year.

Lance thomas letter to Melo

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/la...nk-you-letter/

Nice to hear about Melo from a teammates perspective..

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by omdigga View Post
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/la...nk-you-letter/

Nice to hear about Melo from a teammates perspective..
    That's beautiful. That's the tough part of him going, the mentorship he offered. I give Lance a ton of respect for that. That was pure heart.
    And as much as I didn't like him as a player, it's awesome to see so much love on a personal level

Thank you for posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast