Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If the players disrespect the American flag?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • If only a couple players kneel I'll still support the team.

0 0%
  • If any players kneels I'm done.

0 0%
  • I don't care if they disrespect the flag.

4 100.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    Guess lowering the flag when someone is killed is okay but taking a knee when someone is killed is not.
    How much do you want to bet if this was started by a well respected white man, in any profession, this would have been a non-thing.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Kneeling isn't disrespecting anything. That is just a way of you or anyone else saying they don't understand what the players are doing. They're using a platform to peacefully demonstrate against police brutality and the oppression of blacks.

It is everyone's flag and everyone's anthem. So no, it isn't disrespectful because some people decide it is.

It's yet another way of the US finding a way to keep the black man down. If I were black, I would have no reason to respect the flag or anthem. Because, as anyone should know, neither is about the vets.
    Ive been on record of saying i don't care and they have a right to do it. So dont get the idea that i am trying to fight you. However I think an extreme argument can be made for a case of dirspect.

Fact is. No mater where you go in life you are asked to stand durring the anthem. Most times it is proceded by "please rise and remove your hats" . to decide not to is showing disrespect to those asking you to do it.

Example. If you had your friend ask you to do something and you blatantly did the oposite it would be a form of disrespect. If my mother asked me to so something andd i refused she got pissed. And rightfully so.

Again. I think its their right to do so. And its not gonna stop me from watching. But to deny that there is any form of disrespect is IMO an ignorant view point that sides too far the the left to have a notion of a conversation with. The fact remains. This got way out of hand. The truth is this political statement should not be made durring the game at all. Football is not politics. And the fact that everyone views politics very diferently so why even start to make an argument between half the country. I mean. In one place i worked they asked us not to talk about politics on the job because it is such a polarizing debate.

It is their right to do it though. And it was made worse because trump had to be a dumb *** and make it a bigger thing than it was. Fact is. The notion was dying down to the point nobody really cared any more. And then it became a big deal.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    How much do you want to bet if this was started by a well respected white man, in any profession, this would have been a non-thing.
    First off. Media would not make a big deal out of it so there is that. I mean. How many weeks in a row did we have to hear about kaep cause he was kneeling. If it wasn't for the fact that the media made a big deal out of it. I think kaep could have sat and nobody would have even notived. Whether a white man would have been blasted like kaep i can't answer.

Seriously though. Why is this thread still open?
    KARL JOSEPH CREW

I would never take that bet, because you are right, nothing would have happened.

It's the same reason why...

1. Guys like Ezekiel Elliot get treated differently than someone like Ben Roethlisberger.
    2. Why a guy like Dez Bryant is a "trouble maker" but a guy like Kelce is "lovable"
    3. Why someone like Brandon Weeden continues to get a QB job but Kap can't.
    4. Why when John Fox fails he will continue to get head coaching jobs but someone like Todd Bowles once he is fired from the Jets will probably have trouble landing a top gig.
    5. Why Cam is awful for being sexist (yes it's bad) but the Dolphins coach that snorts coke with hookers is hardly a blip on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    I would never take that bet, because you are right, nothing would have happened.

It's the same reason why...

1. Guys like Ezekiel Elliot get treated differently than someone like Ben Roethlisberger.
    2. Why a guy like Dez Bryant is a "trouble maker" but a guy like Kelce is "lovable"
    3. Why someone like Brandon Weeden continues to get a QB job but Kap can't.
    4. Why when John Fox fails he will continue to get head coaching jobs but someone like Todd Bowles once he is fired from the Jets will probably have trouble landing a top gig.
    5. Why Cam is awful for being sexist (yes it's bad) but the Dolphins coach that snorts coke with hookers is hardly a blip on the radar.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG worm View Post
    Seriously though. Why is this thread still open?
    Yeah I'm going to report it so it is closed.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

its our most active thread though lol

It's my fault for not closing this sooner and actually partaking in the discussion. Please leave politics to only the politics forum.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345