Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sproles breaks arms, tears ACL on same play

Philadelphia Eagles running back Darren Sproles tore an ACL and broke an arm on the same play Sunday, coach Doug Pederson confirmed Monday.

Sproles is having surgery on his arm Monday and will require surgery on his knee, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter. His season is over.

Pederson called Sproles' injuries a "devastating" loss.

Sproles was injured in the first half against the New York Giants following an awkward plant and hit from safety Darian Thompson. Trainers were originally looking at Sproles' knee, but he was able to walk off under his own power, holding his right arm in obvious pain as he headed indoors. Replays showed that Thompson's foot inadvertently hit Sproles on the arm.

The 34-year-old running back held a key role in the Eagles rotation. LeGarrette Blount and Wendell Smallwood received the bulk of the carries in his absence Sunday.

Sproles, a three-time Pro Bowler, rushed for 61 yards this season on 15 carries. He also had seven receptions for 73 yards.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...e-acl-one-play

Wow that sucks. Are there similar injuries like this happening on one play?

The Lost Boys of PSD

He must have known i picked him up on my fantasy team, what a ****in' dick.

Sucks too because there was talks this was his last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Such a tough blow for Darren sproles.. One of the most Underrated players in nfl history. Hopefully he hasn't played his last NFL game, but If I was to bet I'd say he's done.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

This is a pretty big loss given the manner in which they like to run their offense. Very underrated player throughout his career. Tough if this is how he goes out.
    Yankees Farm System

Hall of Famer in my book. Hope he comes back for one more rodeo.

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

All that's missing is a concussion geez

Such a tough loss. It was supposed to be his last year. I don't thinkhe's going through rehab to play just one extra season, when he might not even be fully healthy at the start of the 2018 season. He will probably retire. I hope the team rallies around him.

Being a total dick here but I'm seriously asking

Is he gonna use an electric wheelchair to get around?

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL:31871338
    Being a total dick here but I'm seriously asking

Is he gonna use an electric wheelchair to get around?
    He will probably will have to, at least for 3 weeks to a month

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Hall of Famer in my book. Hope he comes back for one more rodeo.
    I agree ^^

He should make the hall of fame. Such a shame to go out like this though.. Something tells me that he's going to want to come back and go out on his terms, not due to an injury even though the recovery will be lengthy.. We will see though

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I agree ^^

He should make the hall of fame. Such a shame to go out like this though.. Something tells me that he's going to want to come back and go out on his terms, not due to an injury even though the recovery will be lengthy.. We will see though

Not saying he doesn't deserve it, or that he's not a hall of fame talent, but I'd be beyond shocked if he made the HOF

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Not saying he doesn't deserve it, or that he's not a hall of fame talent, but I'd be beyond shocked if he made the HOF
    He has a less than 10% chance. He would be a cool player to have in. It's really iffy if he warrants it honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    He has a less than 10% chance. He would be a cool player to have in. It's really iffy if he warrants it honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Everybody else in the top 10 for all time all purpose yard leaders are in the hall of fame. I'm not sure why to leave out the little guy. Sproles had a legit shot of making top 5 this year if he didn't get hurt

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Obviously an Eagles fan, but I think he should make it. He's such a unique player. There might never be another Darren Sproles.

The problem is of course that more than half of his yardage come from returns. And he also wasn't the best returner in the NFL during most of his career. I don't think he would even make a Pro Bowl in his career if he hadn't played for Chip Kelly with his obsession for special teams.

But at the end of the day, it's the Hall of Fame and Sproles is definitely one of the most well known players for the last ten years.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 09-26-2017 at 01:18 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast