Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    https://basketball.******.com/nba/draft/lottery_winners

the last 3 years is the only run on the worst team getting the 1st pick. No on is out of it for that 1st pick.
    Correct me if Iím wrong but isnít that when Silver took over?

Iíll throw some fuel on the fire for the conspiracy guys and David Stern...

When David Stern implemented the draft, amazingly the #1 pick went to mega market NY who drafted Ewing.

Now that Stern has left, the worst team has received the #1 pick 3 years running? Iíll admit, the lottery has always seemed fishy to me.

For our remaining Schedule I see 15 games we should lose. Where we need to really make up ground is vs. the Nets 3 times, Hornets twice, Dallas once, Memphis twice, Atlanta once, Knicks once, Orlando once. That's 11 games vs. non playoff teams. 15 vs. teams fighting for a spot.
    Ok, so going 4-22 or 5-21 should put us in good shape. 25 wins and under should put us in a good place. Last year the 3 bottom team victories had 20, 24,26 wins respectively. So, youíre saying we have a chance...;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we'll finish with right around 30 wins.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Trae is trash. Lesson to be learned for everyone. Never judge a player or team in college by their November and December schedule. The truth always come out in conference play. That's why although I talked up Trae big time early on, I always made it a point to say I'll judge him after the gruesome big 12 slate. He's not really passing that test IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Correct me if Iím wrong but isnít that when Silver took over?

Iíll throw some fuel on the fire for the conspiracy guys and David Stern...

When David Stern implemented the draft, amazingly the #1 pick went to mega market NY who drafted Ewing.

Now that Stern has left, the worst team has received the #1 pick 3 years running? Iíll admit, the lottery has always seemed fishy to me.
    I have not and will not ever base anything off of a conspiracy. It's not that unlikely for a team to win the lottery that wasn't worst overall. As a matter of fact, if you took all the non 1st place teams lottery chances, wouldn't they far outweigh the 1st overall? 1st obviously has the highest odds of winning, but that means nothing in a pure game of chance.

Trae is trash. Lesson to be learned for everyone. Never judge a player or team in college by their November and December schedule. The truth always come out in conference play. That's why although I talked up Trae big time early on, I always made it a point to say I'll judge him after the gruesome big 12 slate. He's not really passing that test IMO.
    I agree. I was one of those people. It doesnít help that his team is terrible obviously, but heís simply making stupid decisions. I still think heís super talented, but some of the mistakes he makes are mind boggling. He should be much better than he is right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, come on, Trae is not trash. You're just saying that because he's over hyped now. Dude is a freshman carrying an okay basketball team in a hard as hell conference to a top 25 ranking and on top of that he now has to deal with the pressure of the national spotlight. He can shoot from anywhere and is crafty off the dribble to the point where he's nearly unguardable. Sure he makes a little too many mistakes and can be bad on defense but he has some serious game and skills no other player in college basketball can match.

I can understand not liking him as a draft pick or thinking he's overrated and over hyped, but saying he's trash is taking it too far imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aapox View Post
    Lol, come on, Trae is not trash. You're just saying that because he's over hyped now. Dude is a freshman carrying an okay basketball team in a hard as hell conference to a top 25 ranking and on top of that he now has to deal with the pressure of the national spotlight. He can shoot from anywhere and is crafty off the dribble to the point where he's nearly unguardable. Sure he makes a little too many mistakes and can be bad on defense but he has some serious game and skills no other player in college basketball can match.

I can understand not liking him as a draft pick or thinking he's overrated and over hyped, but saying he's trash is taking it too far imo.
    Fair enough, he's overrated. He makes terrible decisions.

Say what u want about Trae, he still has as much upside as anyone in next years draft class. Granted IMO he has a pretty low floor too, but wouldnít shock me if he was the best player in the draft.

Personally I want one of Ayton, Bagley, or Porter. I would be really excited about the bulls if that happens. Iíd be happy if we got Doncic, JJ, Carter, Bamba, Young or even Bridges...but I wouldnít jump on the ďhere come the bulls bandwagon quite yetĒ. Thatís why every win annoys me, I think we really could use a top 3-5 pick! They did a good job trading Niko, but they still messed up not trading RoLo and Holliday. Nobody can convince me we wouldnít loose more games w out them and tanking should have been one of r biggest objectives. Itís not to say there really that good of players there more average, but there still a whole lot better then Felicio, Asik or Zipser. Being slightly below average isnít good enough to get a top 3 pick.

Iíve never been a complete GarPax hater, theyíve made mistakes, but Iíve also always acknowledged there successes. But IMO they screwed up not tanking better by trading Rolo and Holliday. Most of the arguments against why itís ok is, we can still trade Rolo next year, or were still gna loose anyway, or if r young players win us games itís ok. R young guys r good, but not good enough to win if Zipser, Felicio, and Asik r playing significant minutes. Maybe Rolo and Holiday only mean 5 extra wins, but those 5 wins could be the difference! Pisses me off. Iím sure someone would have taken Rolo and/or Holliday if we gave them away for a 2nd rounder!

More I am thinking of this draft and fitting with our core pieces the more I am okay with winning games and not upset everytime they win. Personally I feel like if Lauri was in this draft and showed this skill set in college he would be close to the first pick. I think with our pick a JJJ or Carter pick would be solid and wouldn't necessarily take touches away from Lauri. I am liking what I am seeing from Wendell Carter more and more and really he is a better fit with this core than Bagley. I would be thrilled if we ended up with Carter Jr and Mikal/Knox/Miles Bridges as the forward. Worse case we grab Troy Brown who seems like a really safe pick.

Also can we applaud the Niko trade and what a steal that was for this franchise moving forward. Potentially could be a 11-15 draft pick. With Lakers improving, Jazz streaking, Clippers staying pat with Lou Williams and Jordan and looking better than they did with Griffin. Safe to assume that one of Knox/Mikal B/Miles. B/Lonnie Walker/Sexton will be there at that range to build to this core.

I have not and will not ever base anything off of a conspiracy. It's not that unlikely for a team to win the lottery that wasn't worst overall. As a matter of fact, if you took all the non 1st place teams lottery chances, wouldn't they far outweigh the 1st overall? 1st obviously has the highest odds of winning, but that means nothing in a pure game of chance.
    Conspiracies exist though...itís not a bad word or mythological term...so not ever basing anything off a conspiracy probably is a misuse or misunderstanding of the word itself.

Just pointing some things out that throw fuel onto the fire is all. Not saying the lottery was rigged every year or was rigged at all but thereís some pretty strange coincidences beginning the very first year Stern implemented the draft.

Page 35 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast