Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
Results 1,441 to 1,449 of 1449
    I get the hesitation on Porter because of his back, but they'll know whether that's a legitimate concern or not in the pre draft process.

For this team, I think you have to shoot for the highest ceiling player, regardless of position or potential risk (in Porter's case, his back). We still have too many unknowns to go for the safe pick. Too early to tell on Dunn or Lauri (though I believe he's the most likely of this group to be a star).

I like Bridges, and if we'd landed in that 8-10 range, he'd be the ideal pick. But if we end up 6th or higher, I'd rather swing for fences over setting for a plus 3&D role player.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I would never touch a guy with back injuries. Wouldn't even be on my board.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    I would never touch a guy with back injuries. Wouldn't even be on my board.
    Why? Who has had a back injury and was never themselves again?

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Why? Who has had a back injury and was never themselves again?
    Off the top of my head? McGrady/Dwight and these were 2 guys that were already elite.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Off the top of my head? McGrady/Dwight and these were 2 guys that were already elite.
    If I'm not mistaken Tracy had his surgery at the age of 30 or 31. He had more than just back injuries. I'll give you tmac though because I just can't remember when it was.

Dwight had his surgery when he got traded to LA I think. Could be wrong. But he played 76 games and put up 20 n 15 post surgery. His decline is mostly from just not caring as much anymore. If he doesn't get the ball he doesn't try and the NBA is moving away from a lot of post play.

Correction: Dwight put up 17 and 12 after surgery.
    Last edited by ChitownbullsBG7; Today at 01:15 AM.

2018 NBA Draft Prospects

Lol...yeah chi town , Dwight sucked cause he didnít care anymore. Itís not like it coincided with his back surgery or anything. Howardís back injury completely changed the trajectory of his career.

Dwight had a pretty good year just now

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Lol...yeah chi town , Dwight sucked cause he didnít care anymore. Itís not like it coincided with his back surgery or anything. Howardís back injury completely changed the trajectory of his career.
    Not denying it hurt his athleticism but if you don't think Dwight had\has a focusing issue then that's on you. Even Kobe and Harden pointed out that much. Also he played in 70+ games all but one season after surgery.

TJ ford is another guy that had back problems. Missed his 2nd year, recovered, but eventually had to retire. To a hard elbow from baron Davis then tiago splitter stepped on his neck and upper back. But up until then he was fine and a solid player.

I just don't think its a major deal. Yes it should cause pause, but if the doctors give it the go then I would be fine

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697