Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 296
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,196
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    1st or 6th pick please.
    Do you want them to get better or worse? Right now its either "#1-or-none." If they get better, we increase our chances to keep the pick and reduce our chances at the first pick.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,196
    Remember when Simmons was the unanimous favorite to win ROY? NBA Rookie Ladder has him 2nd right now.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    42,965
    Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    Remember when Simmons was the unanimous favorite to win ROY? NBA Rookie Ladder has him 2nd right now.
    I donít pay attention to that too much. Remember that 3 week stretch a year or two ago where Jamal Murray was the run away favorite because of games like this. Or Devin Booker before that. Rookie ladder overreacts to a short stretch.

    PROCESSING

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    19,733
    Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    Remember when Simmons was the unanimous favorite to win ROY? NBA Rookie Ladder has him 2nd right now.
    whatchamaface has become Utahís offense. Simmons has had a lull. Though his last game energized me.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,141
    We had a ROY in MCW. Then we saw how the votes went for Noel, and Embiid/Dario... Itís meaningless. Itís a joke. Is Malcolm Brogdon a better basketball player than Joel Embiid?

    So honestly, who cares about ROY anymore? Itís no slight to Ben if he doesnít win it. I (along with everyone is in the universe) would draft him over Donovan Mitchell today 100/100x, and would much rather build around Ben than Mitchell. So if Mitchell wins ROY, that literally means nothing in regards to anything that actually matters.

    If Mitchell or Tatum someone else wins ROY, great for them. Ben doesnít have to be the only rookie with a good season. It doesnít make Ben worse and it doesnít take away from the season he is having, just because someone else wins an award.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    88,901
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    We had a ROY in MCW. Then we saw how the votes went for Noel, and Embiid/Dario... Itís meaningless. Itís a joke. Is Malcolm Brogdon a better basketball player than Joel Embiid?

    So honestly, who cares about ROY anymore? Itís no slight to Ben if he doesnít win it. I (along with everyone is in the universe) would draft him over Donovan Mitchell today 100/100x, and would much rather build around Ben than Mitchell. So if Mitchell wins ROY, that literally means nothing in regards to anything that actually matters.

    If Mitchell or Tatum someone else wins ROY, great for them. Ben doesnít have to be the only rookie with a good season. It doesnít make Ben worse and it doesnít take away from the season he is having, just because someone else wins an award.
    him not winning it would be the best thing for us... i like ben with a chip on his shoulder... maybe it will piss him off enough where he will explode... over the past few weeks i have hated the simmons like play... this season to me isnt as much about playoffs as is about growth and i really thought simmons would fire away at times with his shooting... he is way to passive for me and if we are winning then i have no issues.... we were in a slide over the past month and nobody outside of embiid/saric was stepping up.... watching ben make the smart basketball play is fine if the people around us are playing great which they werent... ben needs to realize that and make the selfish play and take over the game and he has not once decided to do that esp when embiid sits and its annoying.... he fires 3s and jump shots galore in practice and pregame now yes there is no defenders but he shouldnt be that scared of putting up a jumper or a 3 because there is a defender near him and he is and its ***** like when we are losing

    The smart play isnt always the best play.... the smart play is dependent on the team around you.. if cov and reddick are good then make the smart play... there was a stretch where they couldnt hit the ocean from the beach and instead of our best player without embiid taking over he still dished to them even when guys were playing off of him or giving him a lane because of his shot.... Even Bron who early on was as unselfish as they came took over at times when needed as a rookie... i dont expect ben to be the 2nd coming but i do expect him to go down with the ship at times and he hasnt.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-02-2018 at 08:28 PM.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    29,365
    Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    Do you want them to get better or worse? Right now its either "#1-or-none." If they get better, we increase our chances to keep the pick and reduce our chances at the first pick.
    I want them to get better. Even if they finish dead last, we only have a 15% chance at the top pick.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Iversonfan4life View Post
    I'm leaning toward wanting the Lakers pick to go the Celtics this year as opposed to giving up the kings pick next year.

    I don't know a lot about next years crop but I'm not really impressed at all with the draft class this year. Maybe that would be different if Porter was playing but all of the top picks have serious flaws IMO.
    The top of this class doesn't necessarily fit our need expect for Doncic and Trae Young; however, it fits Boston like a glove and i hate it.
    Give me Doncic or Trae Young. Screw Boston.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,767
    i think Porter, Bagley, Young all fit huge needs for us. We need a backup 3 and Porter would fit the spot perfectly and can take over after Cov expires or is dealt as an expiring. Bagley fits as a 4 and would make a monster duo with Embiid or backup to Saric. Young is lights out so far and would fill the primary backup guard role amazingly behind Fultz and Simmons.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    29,365
    If we draft a ****ing power forward I will kill somebody.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Philly born and raised
    Posts
    19,733
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    If we draft a ****ing power forward I will kill somebody.
    Promises. Promises.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,767
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    If we draft a ****ing power forward I will kill somebody.
    um why?

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    um why?
    We don't need another front court player that high in the draft.
    Jonah Bolden can play. Then there is Anzej out there as well.

    We need scoring guards and wings. This team needs scorers!

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    14,141
    Quote Originally Posted by STRIKERC View Post
    We don't need another front court player that high in the draft.
    Jonah Bolden can play. Then there is Anzej out there as well.

    We need scoring guards and wings. This team needs scorers!
    Ugh. Itís not that black and white - What we need vs. what we donít need to address in the draft. It doesnít work like that. What if the significantly better player available is a PF? Ignore him, and purposely take a worse player because heís a guard? What if itís better to take the best player you can in the draft, because thatís youíre only chance to get him, and then address a ďneedĒ in free agency instead? All options are on the table as they should be.

    And by the way... You list Jonah Bolden and Anzejs Pasecniks as front court players we already have so thereís no need to draft another front court player.

    First of all, come on man, really? International 2nd round projects should have any effect on what we do with a high first round pick?

    And second of all, we JUST made a huge investment to trade up for the 1st overall pick to draft, what position? SCORING GUARD.

    So using your own logic... Nevermind.
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 01-04-2018 at 09:53 PM.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    71
    ALWAYS go BPA in the top 5.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •