Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by urban85disciple View Post
    Then it will be 13 and 11.
    Yup.

They'll never do true un-conferenced all star games in any sport because of it's implication on the players ability to get paid.

PROCESSING

A short essay on why no one should ever use single game +/- again:

Lonzo Ball:
    0/2; 3 rebs; 4 ast; 1 steal; 2 blocks
    +10

Lillard+McCollum: 54 points; combined +/- 0.

In no world is that actually true. Especially when the guy with 22 points on 10/17 shooting, 3 boards, and a block was a -11.

In no world was

PROCESSING

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/1...-rick-carlisle

dude is the biggest ****ing child in the world.

So taking apart some of the things in this article:
    Thereís no room for another traditional center in the Mavsí starting lineup. Opening with Noel moves their other key players out of their best positions. Dirk Nowitzki is 39 years old and in his 20th season in the NBA, and he no longer has the speed to play power forward. Harrison Barnes has been much better at power forward than small forward in two seasons in Dallas, where he can use his strength to match up with bigger players in the post on defense and then take them off the dribble on offense. Itís the same story for Wesley Matthews, who is better with a speed advantage at small forward than a size advantage at shooting guard. Noel has started in six games this season, which moves Nowitzki to the 4, Barnes to the 3, and Matthews to the 2. That lineup, with rookie Dennis Smith Jr. at the 1, has a net rating of minus-16.7 in 47 minutes.
    This paragraph. Talking about Dirk is a legit thing, but he's hurting his team by holding on like this. Wes Matthews is a joke of a player who shouldn't be starting but because of injuries is forced to.

That -16.7 ignores that Mathews and Dirk are trash defenders and DSJr was a big question with his defense coming in. So excuses for other players becomes something to blame on Noel.

The Mavs donít have a lot of talent. They need all five players working as a unit to succeed. Noel has the worst net rating (minus-20) of any player on their roster, and their defensive rating is 9.5 points better when heís off the floor. Heís at his best when he can extend out on the perimeter and keep smaller players in front of him, but Dallas needs their centers to hang back in the paint on pick-and-rolls.
    Again, this discounts the fact that outside of Barnes, their wing defenders and guard defenders are trash. That's not Noel's problem, that's on the players he's out there with.

In Carlisleís spread pick-and-roll system, the 5 is supposed to set a solid pick at the top of the key and then roll hard to the rim, collapsing the defense and opening up a driving lane for the point guard and easy kick-outs for the other three guys at the 3-point line. Itís a hyper-specific role that doesnít allow them to showcase their full offensive game. Noel is a fairly skilled passer, but he rarely gets the opportunity to do so in Dallas. Responsibility has to be earned. Carlisle tweaks things to make Dirk comfortable, but heís not going to do that for an unproven young player who hasnít shown he can handle a smaller role.
    Again, somehow this writer goes from "Noel is a perfect fit" to "They tailor fit the offense for Dirk, so that's Noels fault."

Carlisle didnít hold back when asked about Noelís playing time after his DNP-CD against Cleveland: ďMinutes have to be earned,Ē he said. ďIf itís between him and Salah, Salah has earned the minutes. Thereís no doghouse here. Itís pretty simple. You compete, and if you earn minutes, you get minutes. And youíve got to compete to keep them, because itís a competitive situation.Ē
    I'm not buying this. He's in the doghouse for some reason they won't say.

I 100% think Carlisle and the FO are doing this as retribution for the off season contract dispute.

Sorry that article doesn't make me think less of Noel. It actually makes me think less of Dallas.

PROCESSING

I thought it was dumb for Noel not to take that supposed 4 year deal Dallas originally offered him. Now, I don't know if the way they are handling him is "punishment" or not, but he won't get nearly the money he thought he would get unless he somehow gets traded and plays well for another team. Stinks for him.

He just ainít good. He doesnít put the work in. Heís pretty much the same player he was as a rookie with a moderately improved midrange shot.

Carlisle if he canít do the easy stuff we why give him an advanced role.

The doghouse is that heís not getting it done. Heís getting beat out for minutes by mehri.

What do his teammates have to say about that?

The Dallas players aren't talking. And they shouldn't.

The one thing the article gets right is at the end talking about how it's all about money. They have contracts past this year with Mehri and Powell, and they won't put the 4,000 year old Dirk on the bench. They don't have an interest in playing Noel because he's not signed long term.

I would easily bet if Noel was signed to that 4 year $60 mil deal that was rumored then he would not only be starting but playing a good bulk of minutes and they would be focused on developing something between Noel and Smith Jr. But instead they botched the contract situation, botched roster construction, and are now trying to make it look like it's the players fault instead of their own.

Dallas is clearly playing games with him and has 0 interest in using him. So if the answer here is let Okafor go, the same standard should hold for Dallas.....or is that all talk?

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The Dallas players aren't talking. And they shouldn't.

The one thing the article gets right is at the end talking about how it's all about money. They have contracts past this year with Mehri and Powell, and they won't put the 4,000 year old Dirk on the bench. They don't have an interest in playing Noel because he's not signed long term.

I would easily bet if Noel was signed to that 4 year $60 mil deal that was rumored then he would not only be starting but playing a good bulk of minutes and they would be focused on developing something between Noel and Smith Jr. But instead they botched the contract situation, botched roster construction, and are now trying to make it look like it's the players fault instead of their own.

Dallas is clearly playing games with him and has 0 interest in using him. So if the answer here is let Okafor go, the same standard should hold for Dallas.....or is that all talk?
    Trade them Okafor for Noel?

Quote Originally Posted by godunkadunk8 View Post
    I would, but I don't think that has a chance of happening.

PROCESSING

Noel probably would get more minutes had he committed to the team. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by godunkadunk8 View Post
    I randomly thought the same thing but I dont think the Mavs would be really to admit they were wrong that obviously to the point of trading him back to the original team...but I think Noel would flourish as our back up and would help with a playoff run compared to Holmes/Johnson...if we were able to trade say Okafor+Stauskus for Noel I would be very happye and we wouldnt have any pressure to resign Noel in the off season the same way we would be letting Okafor walk at the end the season...but unfortunately I think its a HUGGGGGGGE longshot he will be traded by the deadline to a "contender"

Can we agree now that Kyrie is a top 3 point guard?

No. Funny enough even though his defense is a little better (saw this on twitter last night), his passing is down, dribble per possession is up, and percentage of teams shots are up.

Curry, Wall, CP3 (when healthy), and Westbrook are still better.

PROCESSING

Wall ainít. Westbrook is. Curry is debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Wall ainít. Westbrook is. Curry is debatable.

PROCESSING

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast