Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tampa Bay Rays @ New York Yankees Sept. 25 , 26, 27, 28. IGT

Kansas City Royals @ New York Yankees
    Monday, September 25, 1:05 PM ET , Yankee Stadium

Jakob Junis, RHP

Junis takes the mound for the Royals in a makeup game at Yankee Stadium. Junis has never faced the Yankees but over his last six starts has posted a 2.62 ERA.

CC Sabathia, LHP

Sabathia picked up the victory in his last start, hurling six innings of two-run, six-hit ball to defeat the Twins at Yankee Stadium. He faced Kansas City on May 16, holding the Royals scoreless on five hits over 6 2/3 frames.

Tampa Bay Rays @ New York Yankees
    Tuesday, September 26, 7:05 PM ET , Yankee Stadium

Blake Snell, LHP

Snell matched his career high by tossing seven scoreless innings in Wednesday's win over the Cubs. Snell has thrown at least seven innings in three of his past six starts, compared to just once in the first 35 starts of his career.

To Be Announced

Wednesday, September 27, 7:05 PM ET , Yankee Stadium

Matt Andriese, RHP

Andriese is looking to avoid a fourth loss in his last five starts. After having a 3.45 ERA in his first 11 starts, Andriese has posted an 8.47 ERA and has allowed five home runs in four starts since returning to the rotation.

To Be Announced

Thursday, September 28, 7:05 PM ET , Yankee Stadium

Alex Cobb, RHP

Fresh off his 15th quality start, Cobb will be looking to record back-to-back wins. In five starts at Yankee Stadium, Cobb is 1-2 with a 3.12 ERA, and has held Yankee hitters to just a .192 batting average.

To Be Announced
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

I'm first in line!
    Nick

At what point do you guys think the Yankees concede the division and start resting players?

I'd put Delin back to the 7th inning and use Green as the first guy out of the bullie in case Sevy has some hiccups....And don't give him a long leash, the first sign of trouble is when Joe should make the hook.

Hopefully the Twins feel demoralized just by playing the game in Yankee Stadium...

And hopefully our fans have a white T Shirt handed out to them so they can get rowdy when the camera's first show the fans at the intro.....

We need more participation from our boring fans as I am tired seeing other teams fans waving those t shirts at the start of games to help support the team...Our fans always need run production or a strikeout to start the noise......Why can't our fans be loud when the cameras first roll?
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Pittz View Post
    At what point do you guys think the Yankees concede the division and start resting players?
    When Boston clinches.......Pretty simple!
    Nick

They will have all weekend to rest plus Monday, until then they need to continue to play hard and see if we can catch Boston! Funnier things have happened!
    Nick

I'd start Sonny Gray and save Sevy for a possible Game 1...

Gray has been there before..Sevy may feel the pressure and be off a little and we don't need that.....Why put the entire season in Sevy's hands? I'd put it in Gray's hands!

We just don't know about Sevy in this kind of pressure, we do have data from Gray's postseason's and they appear to be good!

The only negative thing I can find with Sonny Gray and his postseason numbers is very little but it is also a great concern...

In his 2 postseason starts Sonny Gray has pitched 13 innings and allowed only 3 earned runs...

But the concern is in his 2 combined starts his team has scored just ONE lousy run!

Wow!

The poor guy has to basically throw shutouts on every start he makes! And that lousy run support has followed him to NY...

Ok, maybe start Sevy and hope for a wing and a prayer!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 09-25-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    Nick

I think you fight till the end

the good news is

other than didi & judge it's a well rested group anyways

do you let judge go for the record and keep playing?

lets hope judge breaks the record soon and gets a few days

Never say die! LOL I agree with Zac they fight to the bitter end or until fight seems moot. I also agree would be nice to rest Judge and Didi.

Arms are well rested, BP should be ready to go. Agree with Nick, Betances seems to have lost the confidence of Joe and should be moved down in pecking order. Problem is has he lost confidence in himself? I think we have enough quality arms which allow us to keep Betances out of high leverage situ's.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

The reality is that the Yankees are 5 games out with 7 to play, so the Red Sox magic number is three. Therefore, the Yankees must win virtually every game and the Red Sox must lose more games than they win. So, as long as the Yankees keep winning, you keep putting out your best team in hope that the Red Sox lose enough to make them sweat during their series with Houston and have to pitch Sale, etc. and not rest their players.

As for Judge, you play him. He's hot and he deserves a chance at the HR record.

As for Betances, I'm not worried over a long series, but am a bit worried in the Wild Card game. I'd set it up so that Green, Robertson and Chapman are available to back up Severino. Then watch Severino pitch seven innings of shutout baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Never say die! LOL I agree with Zac they fight to the bitter end or until fight seems moot. I also agree would be nice to rest Judge and Didi.

Arms are well rested, BP should be ready to go. Agree with Nick, Betances seems to have lost the confidence of Joe and should be moved down in pecking order. Problem is has he lost confidence in himself? I think we have enough quality arms which allow us to keep Betances out of high leverage situ's.
    I agree betances is the biggest question mark
    the good news is one of the beauties of BB & playing everyday so much can change in 1 week
    dellin looked pretty good yesterday if they can get a couple more good low pressure appearances this week
    he should be good to go forward
    if not with ryan back we don't really need him OMG did I just say that......can you say DEEP!!!

Probably once they actually clinch the 1st WC. I don't think it'll be a full rest, but certainly sit a couple of the last regular season games. And I'm sure zero regulars start the finale.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Judge just hit his 49th. Tied Big Mac's rookie record.

Mark Feinsand @Feinsand

Remember when Aaron Judge was having a historically bad second half? He has 12 HR, 24 RBI and an OPS close to 1.300 in September. Not bad.

1:55 PM · Sep 25, 2017

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

I would fight till the sox clinch. Then sit Didi and Judge and Sanchez. Let them have one at bat each as a DH in the last games.

Rest the entire pen and starters.

Pitch Holiday for 3 games.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Fitty!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast