Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Joel Embiid = Dwight Howard

Can I just say this... not a hater.. we've had our own share in D'Angelo Russell but......

I followed Joel Embiid in college (I was a huge fan) and he had the potential to be the next DREAM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsSD85T974I

but based on his present off-court antics I'm guessing Dwight Howard at best. Wasting youth and talent. Seriously.. what a waste. Embiid who is supposedly on the injured list AND THEN.........

Saw a video of them together "showing off soccer skills"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X27obRcPLFI

Bonus-- recent video of Joel Embiid reacting to Jake Elliott's kick
    https://twitter.com/NBA_Skits/status/912081126688256001

We all know who D12 is but Embiid? Seriously.
    Last edited by Mave1002; 09-25-2017 at 05:09 AM.
    SHOW

laker fan... nothing to see here.

I don't see how this comparison fits at all. They have very different games on the court and Embiid has barely been able to play due to injuries. Can we actually see the guy play at least half a season before we start ragging on him for not taking anything seriously?

Edit: Also, let's not forget that Dwight was a top 5 player in the league for years and is a lock for the Hall of Fame. If Embiid has a career close to Dwight's, Sixers fans should consider themselves lucky.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 09-25-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I don't see how this comparison fits at all. They have very different games on the court and Embiid has barely been able to play due to injuries. Can we actually see the guy play at least half a season before we start ragging on him for not taking anything seriously?
    Agreed.

What's he supposed to do, pull a Greg Oden and sink into such a deep depression that he doesn't show up for team activities?

I'll use a Brett Brown quote on Embiid: "He's one of the few guys that could block Lebron at one end, dunk on him at the other, and laugh the entire time." Well he didn't do it on LeBron last year, but he did it to Love and LeBron was chuckling as it happened.

PROCESSING

lol what is this?

MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

actually, until embiid can play a whole season showing he can sustain his play he isn't even close to D12

Talent in spurts is nothing without sustained play... it is easy to go all out in the first night of a B2B when you know you won't have to play the 2nd night

Embiid might very well end up a very good player ... 3 years in he has played less than half the games greg oden did in his first 3 years in the NBA

just saying

way different games. Joel, at age 20, is already far more advanced than Dwight ever was offensively. And while he should be an adequate defender, I don't think he can be an intimidating anchor for a decade either.

As Vinyl touched above though, maybe Embiid should play a couple of years healthy, before we compare him to an ironman like Dwight, who missed 5 games in his first 7 years.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    way different games. Joel, at age 20, is already far more advanced than Dwight ever was offensively. And while he should be an adequate defender, I don't think he can be an intimidating anchor for a decade either.

As Vinyl touched above though, maybe Embiid should play a couple of years healthy, before we compare him to an ironman like Dwight, who missed 5 games in his first 7 years.
    Defensively we were 7th in the NBA with Embiid, 10th with Noel, mid-20s without either.

Just saying.

PROCESSING

A better comparison is Greg Oden just because of injury reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Defensively we were 7th in the NBA with Embiid, 10th with Noel, mid-20s without either.

Just saying.
    Dwight was one of the better anchor's in history. That is not Embiid's identity, or his strength.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Defensive anchor is absolutely a strength of Embiid, you are crazy.

but this thread is useless the OP tried to compare Embiid to howard due to off-court stuff which is neither relevant or accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Just saying.
    massive sample size... on tons of rest... yep... that's indicative of an 82 game season

Joel Embiid = Sam Bowie. Too early to Oden him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    massive sample size... on tons of rest... yep... that's indicative of an 82 game season
    That's indicative of someone who has an effect on defense, no one's saying that level is sustainable over a season, just that he's likely a net positive defender.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast