Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We are officially in the dark times of New York Giants football

I have seen countless fans want to write this team off after 0-2 and 0-3 starts throughout the years, but it always has been premature in my opinion. This team, specifically this offense is unfixable for the foreseeable future. This all started with all everyone and their mother calling for Coughlin's head. Well, here's what you got from that. A stubborn, inexperienced douche of a coach who wants nothing more than to have his own guy at QB. Eli is set up for failure with this line, lack of a run gave and absolutely ridiculous play calling.

This is it for the time being guys. I am not going to complain too much, We were all lucky enough to experience two super bowls within a short amount of time. This is going to be a long few years.

We need to draft 5 OL & 2 CB and try this again next year.

The Giants just can't play to their strengths. We have OBJ, Shep, & Engram that are all vertical threats with their speed, yet we can't go vertical because our OL can't give us time. We also can't seem to run the ball. This is not a recipe for winning.

If we were to finish the season with 4-5 wins...what do you guys think about Saquon Barkley? Think he is a stud and a better prospect than Zeke when he came out. I know we need oline but he could be a real difference maker. The staff has yet to show they can evaluate talent on the o-line anyway

We need a RB
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I think Saquon Barkley is a stud and I'd love to draft him

Another idea though is take a LT and then draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    We need a RB
    but what good will a running back be with no O-Line?? Our line is so bad I dont think Barry Sanders could have made positive yardage consitently with them

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I think Saquon Barkley is a stud and I'd love to draft him

Another idea though is take a LT and then draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round
    If we don't get a LT this season or in the offseason, then that should be our first round draft pick next year. Whether it's Trey Adams, Connor Williams, Mike Mcglinchey, Orlando Brown,etc, if the prospect has a good college season, doesn't have any health-related issues and performs well at the combine, get him. WRs and RBs won't do anything in this offense if the Oline fails to open up running lanes and give their QB time to throw. I want us to go back to smashmouth football. If we do get a LT before the draft, draft Barkley if he's available. If he's able to transition to the NFL and if he runs behind a good (not necessarily elite) Oline, he'll be deadly. If Barkley sustains an injury that hurts his draft stock, i wouldn't select him in the first even if we acquire a LT before the draft because we need our first rounder to be contributing from day 1. Given our recent draft history, we need to be able to find starters or quality backups in as many rounds as possible.

If we draft a LT in round 1, i wouldn't mind drafting a RB in round 2, someone like Nick Chubb who i like a lot. Personally, i didn't like the Gallman pick. I would've preferred a more physical bruiser type back like Conner or Perine. We already had an elusive slashing style runner, we needed a guy who could run over defenders and help us in short yardage gain, especially at the goal line.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 09-25-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Have a bad feeling that Apple is a straight bust that we're stuck with for a little while. Lots of money on the rest of our D so not sure they can pay for a solid 2nd CB. A few good ones coming available next offseason, but not sure if they're all gettable and some past their prime.

Olinemen will be even tougher. Most of the decent or great players coming to their contract end this year aren't likely leaving their teams.

Right now though, the HC spot is making me more nervous than even the oline. The guy needs to evolve very quickly right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 91BigBlue91 View Post
    A stubborn, inexperienced douche of a coach who wants nothing more than to have his own guy at QB. Eli is set up for failure with this line, lack of a run gave and absolutely ridiculous play calling.
    I don't know that I believe this to be the case, but at the same time I've had the thought. Not that he's anti-Eli, HCs love having a reliable franchise QB, but I just mean that Eli is clearly in the closing years and McAdoo has just begun his HC career....I just wonder if he has "a guy" who is that guy? Webb?

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Have a bad feeling that Apple is a straight bust that we're stuck with for a little while. Lots of money on the rest of our D so not sure they can pay for a solid 2nd CB. A few good ones coming available next offseason, but not sure if they're all gettable and some past their prime.

Olinemen will be even tougher. Most of the decent or great players coming to their contract end this year aren't likely leaving their teams.

Right now though, the HC spot is making me more nervous than even the oline. The guy needs to evolve very quickly right now.
    I'm giving Apple another full year before labeling him a bust. The CB position is one of the hardest in terms of transitioning from college to the pros. He did well last year, and i thought his best game that year came against the Steelers. I dunno if he's going through a sophomore slump or if it's something else, but we'll see how he plays next year. His draft profile stated the following weaknesses: "Can be slow to diagnose and anticipate quarterback's plans. Average reactive athleticism. Doesn't feature the balance or twitch to rocket forward and challenge throws if he's not shadowing his man. Won't always play to his size as a tackler". I think his 4.4 speed and his physicality are what caught Reese's eye. I'm thinking Reese saw Apple as an Ike Taylor type of CB. What worries me the most is that he might get worse next year once DRC leaves. Considering he was selected so high in the draft, i would be pissed if he isn't part of this team's long term plan on defense. We neglected the Oline the last two drafts, we can't afford to invest more money into another CB.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 09-25-2017 at 10:28 PM.

^ I don't think Apple will be a bust. He simply needs to learn not to grab the receiver when he doesn't need to. His coverage is usually pretty good but than he gets excited and grabs the receiver when he doesn't need to. He reallly hurt us last game and the game before..

Quote Originally Posted by mjqusoldier View Post
    ^ I don't think Apple will be a bust. He simply needs to learn not to grab the receiver when he doesn't need to. His coverage is usually pretty good but than he gets excited and grabs the receiver when he doesn't need to. He reallly hurt us last game and the game before..
    I still firmly believe that apple is the reason why the Packers scored on that hail Mary last year. I don't know what he was looking at, but he ended up blocking our own safety from making a play on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Armo_NYG_fan View Post
    I'm giving Apple another full year before labeling him a bust. The CB position is one of the hardest in terms of transitioning from college to the pros. He did well last year, and i thought his best game that year came against the Steelers. I dunno if he's going through a sophomore slump or if it's something else, but we'll see how he plays next year. His draft profile stated the following weaknesses: "Can be slow to diagnose and anticipate quarterback's plans. Average reactive athleticism. Doesn't feature the balance or twitch to rocket forward and challenge throws if he's not shadowing his man. Won't always play to his size as a tackler". I think his 4.4 speed and his physicality are what caught Reese's eye. I'm thinking Reese saw Apple as an Ike Taylor type of CB. What worries me the most is that he might get worse next year once DRC leaves. Considering he was selected so high in the draft, i would be pissed if he isn't part of this team's long term plan on defense. We neglected the Oline the last two drafts, we can't afford to invest more money into another CB.
    Yeah totally with ya on that, I've been defending Apple to the melodramatic nuts on here. Just saying he's not following a good path right now and I have a bad feeling he could be a bust. Good thing is, I'm not sure there's anything unfixable in his game. It may just be getting more time under his belt and getting comfortable.
    Might be some jitters still in there....but my concerns are with his football IQ and instincts. Even if he corrects a lot of flaws, I'm just not sure I'm seeing 1st round talent there. Might be 3rd round talent in a first round pick. I dunno, I'm far from a scout, so we'll see.

It doesn't bode well that opposing QBs are looking for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah totally with ya on that, I've been defending Apple to the melodramatic nuts on here. Just saying he's not following a good path right now and I have a bad feeling he could be a bust. Good thing is, I'm not sure there's anything unfixable in his game. It may just be getting more time under his belt and getting comfortable.
    Might be some jitters still in there....but my concerns are with his football IQ and instincts. Even if he corrects a lot of flaws, I'm just not sure I'm seeing 1st round talent there. Might be 3rd round talent in a first round pick. I dunno, I'm far from a scout, so we'll see.

It doesn't bode well that opposing QBs are looking for him.
    Have to keep in mind as well that Apple is very young. He was 20 at the time of the draft and turned 21 a month before his first season in the pros. So i think maturity and the age factor plays a huge part in the developpment of a CB. Many scouts and analysts said that another year at OSU would've helped him improve his technique and would've made him a more polished corner. His main flaws in college was that he grabbed a lot and had poor game awareness. Basically they saw him as a late first rounder but another solid year in college would've made him a consensus top 15 pick.

However, when you're drafting a CB in the top 10, you can't waste such an important pick on a developmental player who might take time to become fundamentally sound. You're drafting a guy who you're hoping has shutdown ability, someone who will either be your #1 guy or a really good #2 guy who can handle the heat and replace (in case of injury) or eventually take over your main guy. And to your point GGGG, you sure as hell aren't drafting a guy who opposing QBs will be looking for and who will make opposing WRs lick their chops. When You're drafting a CB in the top 10, you're picking a prospect with the hopes that he becomes the next Xavier Rhodes or Marcus Peters and not a weaker version of Bradley Roby.
    Last edited by Armo_NYG_fan; 09-27-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by 91BigBlue91 View Post
    I have seen countless fans want to write this team off after 0-2 and 0-3 starts throughout the years, but it always has been premature in my opinion. This team, specifically this offense is unfixable for the foreseeable future. This all started with all everyone and their mother calling for Coughlin's head. Well, here's what you got from that. A stubborn, inexperienced douche of a coach who wants nothing more than to have his own guy at QB. Eli is set up for failure with this line, lack of a run gave and absolutely ridiculous play calling.

This is it for the time being guys. I am not going to complain too much, We were all lucky enough to experience two super bowls within a short amount of time. This is going to be a long few years.

I remember when I found PSD on the internet in July of 2007....I was bored so I went searching for some sports talk. I remember starting a thread similar to yours....something like the Giants are going downhill...Fast!

That was the start of the 2007 season...I vowed to never do that again and I won't. But I will criticize this team and respond to your thread.

Tom Coughlin had to go. Love the guy but his time was up. I didn't think McAdoo was ready but we really had no other choice but to give him a chance.

You may be right about what you said. If this is true we have to put a HC in place that is going to get things rolling for us again. I think we have some serious problems, the lack of tackling and injuries lead me to believe that the Giants strength coach needs to go as well. We may need to have a horrible season and clean house.

You seem to be right but I won't bail....hopefully we will be looking as the greatest turn around in SB history.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast