Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Martha's response to Tdog

“Our game has long provided a powerful platform for dialogue and positive change in many communities throughout our nation.

“Thanks primarily to our players, the NFL also has been a unifying force in our country and impactful change has and hopefully will continue to be the result of peaceful expression, done so in order to highlight social injustices of all kind.

“Negative and disrespectful comments suggesting otherwise are contrary to the founding principles of our country, and we do not support those comments or opinions.”
    what yall think?

Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner

She got the message across that she needed to do, that being our ownership and others out there (at least publicly) support players voicing their opinions as they should be allowed to do. You do not have to agree bit if it is done in a peaceful manor then there is no harm to them protesting imo.

Would have been better if she said that last week.

To me it seems like a lot of people, especially NFL owners, let things happen then wait to see what the popular decision will be and just cater to their fans. Every one of these owners that suddenly came out has come across to me as fake. A lot of the players as well. Do more than issue a statement if you are really serious.

Quote Originally Posted by kreton View Post
    To me it seems like a lot of people, especially NFL owners, let things happen then wait to see what the popular decision will be and just cater to their fans. Every one of these owners that suddenly came out has come across to me as fake. A lot of the players as well. Do more than issue a statement if you are really serious.
    100% this. If Trump said he supported the kneeling protests of the NFL, the owner would say how they oppose his lack of patriotism.

Quote Originally Posted by kreton View Post
    Yup. As transparent as their rich, old white skin.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Yup. As transparent as their rich, old white skin.
    What are you getting at here?

Trump is a buffoon

Sad how this county's standards have dropped. It's totally like that movie idiocracy
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Trump is a buffoon

Sad how this county's standards have dropped. It's totally like that movie idiocracy
    Pretty much. Then again, when you have a corrupt government that every idiot in the country deifies as gods, the ones who don't follow to the beat of that drum will vote for someone - anyone - on the outside because "things will be better". I wish Stubbs the Cat would have run for president. He'd get my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Trump is a buffoon

Vote for Kid Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    What are you getting at here?
    Nothing that isnt already obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Nothing that isnt already obvious.
    More white people and only white people can be racist talk? Just want to make sure this is the thread for that.

Trump is a complete joke as a president and I am not sure why his own party protects him while he alienates the rest of the country. I think Martha's response was one of the better responses in the nfl though. Honestly the damage this guy will do to the country in 4 or 8 years will take decades to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Primestein View Post
    Trump is a complete joke as a president and I am not sure why his own party protects him while he alienates the rest of the country. I think Martha's response was one of the better responses in the nfl though. Honestly the damage this guy will do to the country in 4 or 8 years will take decades to fix.
    The alienating started with Obama, yet people think he was a god because he was a good talker. Our country still hasn’t recovered from the damage of the Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama reign either, Trump is insult to injury. Hell we still haven’t recovered from the damage that FDR caused. I think the last President who truly tried to make things better and had a different agenda than the rest was JFK.

I think we can all agree that most politicians & presidents are not what they claim(ed) to be. Its politics. Someone is going to get lied to.

But comparing any one of them to Trump is ridiculous. He is in a league of his own. A terrible human being. Its not a matter of politics or opinion. He is a colossal piece of **** and everyone knows it. There is no possible argument that can be made as to why he is not awful. None. At least you could debate the merits of every other American president. With Trump, you can't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast