Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Top-five first, second and third options

I was commenting on a Carmelo to Oklahoma City thread about how I think Carmelo's the second-best third option in the league. It got me thinking: Create top-five lists of who you think are the best first, second and third options in the NBA.
    Keep in mind that the lists are based on the hierarchies of individual teams. Some first options (Kawhi, Lillard, Griffin, Davis, Cousins, etc.) could get left out if they're not top-five on the first options list. There are some teams like Golden State, Houston and New Orleans that have two first options or an unresolved hierarchy. Durant and Curry, for instance, both deserve to be in the top five of first options. Paul and Harden could be in the same conversation. Cousins and Davis or Towns and Butler could go either way. Use your best judgement.
    Last edited by mrblisterdundee; 09-24-2017 at 05:49 AM.

1st Options: LeBron, Durant, Curry, Harden, Westbrook
    2nd Options: George, Butler, Paul, Thomas (if healthy), Hayward, McCollum (if Thomas not healthy)
    3rd Options: Klay, Carmelo, Love, Wiggins, Horford

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    2nd Options: George, Butler, Paul, Thomas (if healthy), Hayward, McCollum (if Thomas not healthy)
    Love and Wiggins will probably be better offensive player than Carmelo.

"I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFuffcVDKKg
    lol

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Best First: KD
    Best Second: Curry
    Best third: Klay

I mean... you might put KD behind LBJ, but looking at the percentages, and speaking to scoring, I don't think you have another option for the best first scoring option.

Since Curry gets the second most shots on that team, he is a second option.

Since Klay gets the third most, he's the best third option.

I would put all three in the top give for first if they were on different teams.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Putting Curry and Durant as first options ... they should be the top name in the 2nd options too.

I think the way the team ended the season Curry was 1a and Durant 1b.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.