Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Conforto unsure he'll be ready by Opening Day

The Mets have to operate as if he won't be back. There are so many question marks heading into next season. More than I remember in many years past.. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...er-braves.html

Don't worry mets will resign Aoki.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't sound like its something that will linger for an extended period of time into next season. The article says 6 months recovery time which puts it at the end of March and even if he isn't ready by opening day, he may be ready sometime in April.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-24-2017 at 01:23 AM.

Conforto unsure he'll be ready by Opening Day

6 months before he can begin baseball activities. Meaning he won't know what he can and can't physically do until late March.

Best case scenario he plays in late April / early May and can still rake. Most likely scenario he comes back sometime in May and is not quite the hitter he was this year.

Worst case .. well you guys know the worst case.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I still don't know how the **** this happened. This is another reason why I want to sign an impact outfielder this offseason.

We have no idea if this injury will hamper his performance and he'll probably have a setback of some sort because that **** always happens.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I still don't know how the **** this happened. This is another reason why I want to sign an impact outfielder this offseason.

We have no idea if this injury will hamper his performance and he'll probably have a setback of some sort because that **** always happens.
    IIRC, he dove for a ball earlier in the game, I wonder if that had something to do with it?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    6 months before he can begin baseball activities. Meaning he won't know what he can and can't physically do until late March.

Best case scenario he plays in late April / early May and can still rake. Most likely scenario he comes back sometime in May and is not quite the hitter he was this year.

Worst case .. well you guys know the worst case.
    I don't see how that's the "most likely" scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    IIRC, he dove for a ball earlier in the game, I wonder if that had something to do with it?
    I guess that would explain it, but it just so strange to see that type of injury on a mere swing.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

I believe that this happened on the day where the Yankees had 3 on-field fights with the other team. Three! No Yankee got hurt that day.

Michael Conforto swung a bat and got hurt.

Why not? If his timetable for return is to be believed it would probably have him back some time in May.

Unless you think he will be unaffected by this pretty awful shoulder injury, I think it is unlikely he is the same player in 2018 that we saw this year.

Don't worry. He's got this.

I'm reminded of Steve Chilcott, the guy we drafted as our number 1 pick instead of Reggie Jackson. Steve was a powerful left handed hitting catcher with a rifle for an arm. He coulda been better than Bench.

But on one play in his first full season as a professional he hurt his shoulder diving back to second base on a pick off play. He was never the same again. Would never play in the majors.

Sigh.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I'm reminded of Steve Chilcott, the guy we drafted as our number 1 pick instead of Reggie Jackson. Steve was a powerful left handed hitting catcher with a rifle for an arm. He coulda been better than Bench.

But on one play in his first full season as a professional he hurt his shoulder diving back to second base on a pick off play. He was never the same again. Would never play in the majors.

Sigh.
    Medicine has come a long way since then.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

Sigh.
    Yeah. I thought the same. His shoulder kept popping out. But as JoeG said, sports medicine is about 50 years better.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

I have complete confidence in our medical and training staff. Conforto will be back and better than ever

Lol

I think I worry more about the psychological effect that swing could have potentially had on Conforto than him recovering physically.

I hope he doesn't become a Rick Ankiel or Chuck Knoblauch and develop a debilitating case of the yips.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-01-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast