Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GDT Week 3: Denver Broncos (2-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-1)

Week 3

(2_ -_0)_____________________ (1_ -_ 1)

Denver___________Buffalo

____@ __________

Sunday, September 24th, 11:00 AM MT/ 1:00 PM ET, CBS
    New Era Field, Orchard Park, New York

TEAM LEADERS:

VS

PASSING:

Trevor Siemian - COMP 39 / ATT 60 / TD 6 / INT 2 / YDS 450
    Tyrod Taylor - COMP 33/ ATT 53 / TD 2 / INT 1 / YDS 349

VS

RUSHING:
    C.J. Anderson - ATT 45 / YDS 199 / AVG 4.4 / TD 1
    LeSean McCoy - ATT 34 / YDS 119 / AVG 3.5 / TD 0

VS

RECEIVING:
    Demaryius Thomas - REC 11 / YDS 138 / AVG 12.5 / TD 0
    Jordan Matthews - REC 6 / YDS 91 / AVG 18.2/ TD 0

VS

TACKLES:
    Brandon Marshall - SOLO 11 / AST 4 / TOT 15
    Ramon Humber - SOLO 19 / AST 4 / TOT 23

VS

SACKS:
    Von Miller - SACKS 2.0 / FF 0
    Jerry Hughes - SACKS 2.0 / FF 0

VS

INTERCEPTIONS:
    Aqib Talib - INT 1 / PD 3 / TD 1
    Micah Hyde - INT 1 / PD 1 / TD 0

VS

FIELD GOALS:
    Brandon McManus - ATT 1 / MADE 3
    Stephen Hauschka - ATT 1 / MADE 2

SPECIAL TEAMS RETURN:
    Broncos - KR ATT 2 / KR AVG 30.5 / KR TD 0 / PR ATT 5 / PR AVG 13.6 / PR TD 0
    Bills - KR ATT 1 / KR AVG 23.0 / KR TD 0 / PR ATT 6 / PR AVG 6.2 / PR TD 0

1-2

I hate the Broncos so I hope not.
    I'll take a walk n this week and sacrifice and almost assured loss vs the Falcons.

My brother is a Broncos fan and we're also playing each other in fantasy football this weekend. There is a lot riding on this one for me.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013 2015

Last week, WRs dont get open and Tyrod doesnt make plays. This week so far, our WRs get seperation and Tyrod makes plays.

So what does this tell you? If WRs get open he will make plays. If they are stifled like in Carolina, he wont.

Penalties will kill us and cost us this game, by handing them 10 points already. Damm you Tyrod

First half = several defensive penalties on 3rd down. Our WRs dropped two first downs, leading to punts. (not including Tolberts TD catch dropped). Also not including Tolberts fair catch on a kickoff. One Tyrod over throw to Zay Jones and the score is tied up. If we lose, How many people will focus on that one Zay Jones overthrow?

Tyrods second TD throw, is the most unselfish play you will see. He clearly could have ran for the TD, but stopped and trusted his teammate to make the catch.
    Last edited by sabres11; 09-24-2017 at 03:08 PM.

If we lose this game, remember how the coach screwed us with our first three possessions of the 4th qtr. by taking the ball out of Tyrods hands and running into a brick wall repeatedly again.

Come on boys! How about some rahrah for the win?! So negative in here.

Ill be excited if we beat Atlanta. A Win next week changes a lot when it comes to the rest of the schedule. 10-6 9-7 may now be achievable with the parody around the NFL these past two weeks.

However, we cant be homers and overlook a lot of things that occurred during the game.

Think back to the last two seasons, how many games did Buffalo lose, when leading, because while playing with a lead, Rex went into hibernation mode in the 4th qtr, running the ball with zero success, and then punting the game away.

This is exactly what happened yesterday. We have the lead, for the 2nd straight week, our running game was non existent. Yet our first 3 possessions of the 4th qtr, were all runs and punts. Up to that point, Tyrod was finding receivers, making plays and Denver was chasing. The coach ended that, played right into the hands of Denver by running our backs into their brick wall, giving them way to many chances to come back. If it wasn't for the dumb unsportsmanlike conduct Penalty on Miller, The Bills punt for the 4th straight time, instead of kicking a field goal, and revisionist history would suggest that we watch as we cough up another game in the 4th.

We also watched for the 2nd week in a row as McDermott doesn't know how to manage the game clock. McDermott seems to be content with Tolbert at RB, when I guarantee McCoy is playing hurt right now. The last two weeks, our QB is our leading rusher, due to the offensive line not being as good as some think.

Yeah i keep hearing announcers/analysts talk about how we have a good Oline but i dont see it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah i keep hearing announcers/analysts talk about how we have a good Oline but i dont see it at all.
    They see the stats of the best run team for two years and assume the line is good. Then they focus on the big name guys like Incognito and Woods, forgetting about Mills and Miller.

Plus the team finally did something that I have been saying they should do for two years now, to disguise how bad the line is, by limiting the times they hike under center. The Majority of plays were in shot gun for Tyrod. That bought him more time, gave him seconds more to see the field and make reeds.

If we beat Atlanta, I'll go on record right now and say 10-6. if we lose 9-7, unless we steal one game against New England.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    They see the stats of the best run team for two years and assume the line is good. Then they focus on the big name guys like Incognito and Woods, forgetting about Mills and Miller.

Plus the team finally did something that I have been saying they should do for two years now, to disguise how bad the line is, by limiting the times they hike under center. The Majority of plays were in shot gun for Tyrod. That bought him more time, gave him seconds more to see the field and make reeds.

If we beat Atlanta, I'll go on record right now and say 10-6. if we lose 9-7, unless we steal one game against New England.
    Woods sort of sucks now tbh. I like the guy but he isnt contributing to turning this Oline around.
    Love the shotgun as well. Just means less Full back which i think is contributing to McCoys early season challenges. McCoy works well with a lead blocker.

Are you predicting a winning season even if we lose to Atlanta? seems optimistic, and i like it!

Against Atlanta same thing, do shot gun. With McCoy struggling, hand off to him in Shotgun as well. Give him some extra vision. Kelly and Thurman lined up like this a lot during their days.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Against Atlanta same thing, do shot gun. With McCoy struggling, hand off to him in Shotgun as well. Give him some extra vision. Kelly and Thurman lined up like this a lot during their days.
    I see the shotgun as one of the reasons why McCoy has struggled so much. Either way I agree. The run game should feed off of the pass rather than the opposite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast