Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    So i'm still trying to figure out why we have two press-man CBs' playing a zone coverage constantly? How the heck do you draft or sign guys for press, and always . . . ALWAYS . . . have them plan a stupid zone where they are not suited and getting beat constantly? Are Gase and Burke afraid to leave Howard and Maxwell on islands in man to man? I could see if we had speedy LBers that are above average in coverage, but we have 0 coverage LBers. I mean, Anthony seems the type that could give a decent effort at coverage, but I don't expect to see him for another couple weeks in the middle.

The whole defense is just confusing me.

I'm not too concerned about Cutler. Granted our offense should have lit the Jets up, but every team has duds every year. This goes down as the duddiest of duds so far lol.

I fear Brees is going to light us up . . . hope we can get better traction on offense.
    Cutler isn't a great QB everyone knows that. But everyone also knows that unless you're Rodgers, Manning, Brady in your prime, with bad play calling and no run game you're likely not going to perform well.

I know Gase is trying to protect Cutler from back breaking mistakes, but you have to let him sling it around sometimes or there will be no positives to having him.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I love Gase and every time I hear him talk he makes me feel better, but he's got a major issue with internal assessment and game plans. Literally the only strength of the Jets defense is their Dlineman. Leonard Williams kicked Pounceys *** last year and he did it again yesterday. How did you think running right at him would work? Gase has this weird thing about him where he always wants to execute his team's strengths instead of attacking a teams weakness AT FIRST. He makes great adjustments but it kills us early on. I remember Gase said to Christensen last year to never let him stop giving the ball to Ajayi. That's fine and all but you can also try and throw the ball a bit to open up the running game.

He's put so much pressure on Ajayi to be the stud this year but did nothing to help him. If you planned on being such a run heavy team put more effort then none to upgrade the OG position. Have a backup plan for your injury prone Center. But instead we still have an inconsistent oline that's hurting our star RB.

Now Even after saying all of that, I do want to give Gase credit and say that I don't think the offense looks like this with Tannehill because we actually saw it last year. Even with the Ajayi hype, Gase still let Tannehill sling it when he wasn't doing anything in the 49ers and Cardinals games. He even did it with Moore against the Jets last year. So he knows how to do it, so why did it take so long for him to open it up with HIS GUY in Cutler? The players haven't played great but Gase could be doing so much more to help.

Any team that pushes the ball down field is going to hurt us. Saints, Pat's, Bills... Pretty much all of them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Any team that pushes the ball down field is going to hurt us. Saints, Pat's, Bills... Pretty much all of them lol.
    Well, yeah if you literally don't allow Cutler to even try to push it downfield... at all... you have no chance. He isn't a check down only qb.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12