Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team would win in a 7 game series?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team UTB

2 20.00%
  • Capsule Corp.

6 60.00%
  • GMs Vote Here

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBA No MVP All-Time Redraft 1st Round! Team UTB vs. Capsule Corp.

Members of the PSD Community came together and participated in an All-Time NBA Redraft. They drafted, traded and signed all time players to create the best team possible. This is the 1st Round of the playoffs.

Special stipulations for this game included: No NBA or ABA MVP winners eligible. Each team had to start (and play 24 minutes) 2 players who did not play a single game after 1990. Additionally, each player is judged on the a single season/the best season of their career, as selected by the GM.

Please look at the teams and vote for which team you think would win in a 7 game series.

Team UTB has home court advantage for the series:

Team UTB:

PG: Nate "Tiny" Archibald - Danny Ainge
    SG: Drazen Petrovic - Eddie Jones - Raja Bell
    SF: George Gervin - Eddie Jones
    PF: Draymond Green - Lamar Odom
    C: Pau Gasol - Tyson Chandler

George Gervin (1979-1980): 33.6ppg, 3rd in MVP voting, All-NBA first team, 52.8%FG, 3.7apg
    Pau Gasol (2009-2010): NBA Champion, 18.8ppg, 53.6%FG, All-NBA third team, 11.3rpg, 3.4apg
    Draymond Green (2015-2016): All-NBA second team, All-NBA Defense first team, 38.8% 3pt FG, 7.4apg
    Nate "Tiny" Archibald (1972-1973): Sporting News MVP, All-NBA first team, 34ppg, 11.4apg
    Drazen Petrovic (1992-1993): 44.9% 3pt FG, All-NBA third team, 60.5%TS, 22.3ppg, 3.5apg
    Eddie Jones (1999-2000): All-NBA third team, All-NBA Defense second team, 37.5% 3pt FG
    Tyson Chandler (2011-2012): Defensive Player of the Year, All-NBA third team, 67.9%FG
    Lamar Odom (2010-2011): Sixth Man of the Year, 38.2% 3pt FG
    Danny Ainge (1987-1988): NBA All-Star, 41.5% 3pt FG, 6.2apg
    Raja Bell (2006-2007): All-NBA Defense first team, 41.3% 3pt FG

vs.

Capsule Corp.:

C: Ben Wallace (02-03) / Ralph Sampson (83-84)
    PF: Jack Sikma (81-82) / Buck Williams (87-88)
    SF: Kawhi Leonard (16-17) / Glen Rice (96-97)
    SG: Sam Jones (64-65) / Shane Battier (06-07)
    PG: Hal Greer (67-68) /Sam Cassell (03-04)

Now this one is really, really interesting. I still think that LG's team needed a primary playmaker offensively, but that defense is pretty sick. On the other side, UTB's offense is awesome. He can score from pretty much anywhere on the floor. But defensively, that team is average to below average at four of five positions.

I'm leaning toward UTB mainly because I think his offense would be too more for LG's squad, and I don't think his back court defensive issues will be as much of a problem against a couple of 60s guards. However, I am really curious how he expects to defense Leonard. That's the piece that could feasibly sway me the other way.

I'd love to see some debate in this thread before voting.

While I'm not gonna try and sit here and praise Greer Jones and Kawhi as big playmakers I want to point out that they're each capable of dropping 3 and 4 dimes a game, I can even say the same for my PF Jack Sikma. I really think my playmaking is being overblown here.

As for how my team matches up, I think this is a great matchup for me. Considering that UTBs 2 best players (Gervin and Pau) are going to be guarded by 2 of the best defenders at their position in our recent history. Ben Wallace and Kawhi will make Gervin and Pau work for their points. While I can't say I saw Gervin play, I can say how I saw Pau's play diminish when he was guarded by a physical defender in the 2008 NBA Finals.

Usually, a team playing with Ben Wallace struggles on the offensive end. My team has 3 other players capable of dropping 25+ (Kawhi, Sam Jones, and Greer) and another player dropping 20 in Sikma. All my 4 offensive threats are able to score and do it efficiently while being great on the defensive end as well. Same Can't be said about UTB's team. Tiny, Petrovic and Gervin were all good offensive players there's no denying that, but there's also no denying that their defense wasn't good. My players can play on both ends at a high level, while the same can't be said about his.

Another Advantage my team has is on the boards. This is where Draymond specifically has a tough time vs Bigs. How will he out rebound Ben Wallace, Sikma, Buck Williams, or even Ralph Sampson. My team's defensive superiority will make it a must for UTB to be able to capitalize on 2nd chance opportunities and all 4 of my bigs are easily superior rebounders to Draymond. This is where Draymond's size will be costly.

As for the time share for my team it really depends on the matchup. To close out games we have the ability to go with a lineup of

C: Wallace
    PF: Sikma
    SF: Kawhi
    SG: Rice / Battier
    PG: Sam Jones / Sam Cassell

My team is capable of adding even more defense to the lineup with an elite wing defender in Shane Battier who is still capable of being a sniper from deep, while also being able to go offensive with Glen Rice. Same for the point guard position, I can go offensive / defensive with Sam Jones or more of a play-making player in Sam Cassell.

Nice write up LG

I don't like LG's backcourt but Kawhi and Wallace will make life hell for Gervin and Gasol.

Archibald and Drazen could probably make up for the scoring but iunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    While I'm not gonna try and sit here and praise Greer Jones and Kawhi as big playmakers I want to point out that they're each capable of dropping 3 and 4 dimes a game, I can even say the same for my PF Jack Sikma. I really think my playmaking is being overblown here.

As for how my team matches up, I think this is a great matchup for me. Considering that UTBs 2 best players (Gervin and Pau) are going to be guarded by 2 of the best defenders at their position in our recent history. Ben Wallace and Kawhi will make Gervin and Pau work for their points. While I can't say I saw Gervin play, I can say how I saw Pau's play diminish when he was guarded by a physical defender in the 2008 NBA Finals.

Usually, a team playing with Ben Wallace struggles on the offensive end. My team has 3 other players capable of dropping 25+ (Kawhi, Sam Jones, and Greer) and another player dropping 20 in Sikma. All my 4 offensive threats are able to score and do it efficiently while being great on the defensive end as well. Same Can't be said about UTB's team. Tiny, Petrovic and Gervin were all good offensive players there's no denying that, but there's also no denying that their defense wasn't good. My players can play on both ends at a high level, while the same can't be said about his.

Another Advantage my team has is on the boards. This is where Draymond specifically has a tough time vs Bigs. How will he out rebound Ben Wallace, Sikma, Buck Williams, or even Ralph Sampson. My team's defensive superiority will make it a must for UTB to be able to capitalize on 2nd chance opportunities and all 4 of my bigs are easily superior rebounders to Draymond. This is where Draymond's size will be costly.

As for the time share for my team it really depends on the matchup. To close out games we have the ability to go with a lineup of

PF: Sikma
    SF: Kawhi
    SG: Rice / Battier
    PG: Sam Jones / Sam Cassell

My team is capable of adding even more defense to the lineup with an elite wing defender in Shane Battier who is still capable of being a sniper from deep, while also being able to go offensive with Glen Rice. Same for the point guard position, I can go offensive / defensive with Sam Jones or more of a play-making player in Sam Cassell.
    This is a good little write-up, but I think you're missing kind of a key strategy here that would really help you: your ability to play small ball. Since UTB's two PFs aren't exactly stellar interior presences, why not play Kawhi more at the 4? That would allow you to pull in another playmaker and/or shooter in Rice or Cassell and take advantage of a starting five that's sorely lacking in quality perimeter defenders.

When does the voting end? Sorry on the app, ill full site soon to vote

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    When does the voting end? Sorry on the app, ill full site soon to vote
    It looks like it closes Monday afternoon, so you've got time. I'm going to wait a while to vote myself to give UTB a chance to respond.

That's what I'm waiting for too, I'll vote tomorrow.

Capsule Corp. Vegeta 4 lyfe

Utb

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This is a good little write-up, but I think you're missing kind of a key strategy here that would really help you: your ability to play small ball. Since UTB's two PFs aren't exactly stellar interior presences, why not play Kawhi more at the 4? That would allow you to pull in another playmaker and/or shooter in Rice or Cassell and take advantage of a starting five that's sorely lacking in quality perimeter defenders.
    You're correct. I can easily do what you suggested.

PF: Kawhi
    SF: Rice
    SG: Battier
    PG: Cassell

Having an outside threat at every position besides C while still having elite defense out there with battier, a more traditional PG in cassell and adding another offensive weapon with the sniper Glen Rice. This team would still be insane defensively. Wallace, Kawhi and Battier out there on defense... His team would be also have to worry about guarding Rice or Kawhi because his only solid defender would be Eddie Jones. Unless he decides to go Raja and Eddie at the same time, which makes it much easier for my team defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    Capsule Corp. Vegeta 4 lyfe
    This guy knows

Accidentally voted for UTB. I vote Capsule Corp.

I originally had utb had as the better team, but if he can't even defend himself then i will vote LG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast