Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ideas for improving the PSD Lions forum

Let me preface this by saying: I don't want this to turn into a discussion about rules, bans, punishments, etc. I have no say in any of that stuff, nor do I think this is the appropriate place to discuss it.

My goal for this discussion is to figure out ways to increase the number of regular visitors to the Lions forum.

Some of the mods think that the way Game Day Threads are built (via the graphics & stats) will help. We have also tried various games & stuff in the past.

I like our regular crew, especially on game days, but the more the merrier. Do you guys have any thoughts?

members only threads!

maybe more guests will join just to gain access to members only threads, then find themselves participating in chatter after all

more boobs

but really making things have more flash.. will not do any thing..

PSD need to get there name out there if they want more people.. people just haven't heard of it.. also blogs/forums in gen are not as popular as they use to be

also make the app better.. i haven't tired it in years.. but when it came out it was trash..

so really nothing you can do

other then boobs..

Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner

well fixing the website from the hack they had months ago would be cool

but for some reason it's impossible to do

#QWiNNING

K...what about things we/I can do ourselves?

Don't be a dick
    2014 Prediction Game Champion

Tell people you know me. That should bring them in in droves.

Seriously though, this site is hard to find. No one knows we are here. This was probably the 5th or 6th Lions forum I found. Most people probably give up after trying the others.

We used to have a nice core group of posters on cbssports till they killed that, and most of us went to sportshoopla but that community became ****. But it is the first one people find and probably turns them off on the whole idea of it.

I think a lot has to do with the site itself...it kinda sucks layout wise, the mobile version is crap, and apparently, the app is bad too....and to piggyback off of rocket's comments, this site has been hacked more times that it has been updated it feels like in the past few years IMO.

One of the biggest factors IMO is r/detroitlions, when it comes to lack of new users. I believe its one of the most popular football subreddits...PSD is more for the hardcore Lions fan that really wants to break down the game, roster, coaches, etc. while r/DL is just for the casual Lion fan with all the funny (****)posts and memes (and bandwagoning)

IDK if its anything we can do, I honestly feel like its more of a PSD problem and forums in general as social media is becoming the "hot spot" for sports debate and commentary...but having a site dedicated solely to Detroit Sports (and MSU/UofM) IMO could probably draw more people

👑

sounds like we all agree there is nothing we can do.. its the big wigs that need to step there **** up

Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I think a lot has to do with the site itself...it kinda sucks layout wise, the mobile version is crap, and apparently, the app is bad too....and to piggyback off of rocket's comments, this site has been hacked more times that it has been updated it feels like in the past few years IMO.

One of the biggest factors IMO is r/detroitlions, when it comes to lack of new users. I believe its one of the most popular football subreddits...PSD is more for the hardcore Lions fan that really wants to break down the game, roster, coaches, etc. while r/DL is just for the casual Lion fan with all the funny (****)posts and memes (and bandwagoning)

IDK if its anything we can do, I honestly feel like its more of a PSD problem and forums in general as social media is becoming the "hot spot" for sports debate and commentary...but having a site dedicated solely to Detroit Sports (and MSU/UofM) IMO could probably draw more people
    sounds like I need to join reddit

Reddit is lame. Memes and people posting their new lions Jersey. Idgaf about that stuff. I like these message boards but they are definitely dying off.

I always thought games we ran in the forum were fun, the predication game, around the nfl pick em and such. It may not generate new users but it could give us more incentive to watch other games. Friendly forum competition is always fun.

Time for some PSD Mafia games!

Why hasn't whool's avi been mentioned as a reason people are scared away?

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Why hasn't whool's avi been mentioned as a reason people are scared away?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast