Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1122
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Lol Walter
    he is truly a partisan hack... its not even worth commenting... its just fun to watch his panties get into bunch post after post

Overall opinions don’t really matter.
    We just made contact with NK, will it go anywhere or not, we will see,

But it took Reagan many summits to get through to Gorbachev.
    Not trying to compare the two, but that’s what these 1st summits can entail whether good OR bad.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    The only responsible opinion on this agreement (much like the Russia investigation) is: we don’t know yet.

But a US president just physically met with the leader of NK. That’s a great start no matter what. We’ll see how it develops.

As long as Trump has a greater desire for a Nobel Prize than he does appeasing Bolton’s psychotic world view, it should progress well.
    yeah... it is funny to watch the typical PSD pundits run their mouths...

the funniest thing I saw today was Juan Williams saying that Trump isn't better than other US presidents because he got Kim to talk... he said kim was probably afraid of Clinton and Bush...

yeah juan you ****ing idiot... he was 8 when Clinton became president and 16 when Bush did...

It is going to be interesting to see what happens as I think people really are underestimating Kim's willingness to capitulate... he is a product of the Social Media age and isn't an old hard liner like his father and grandfather when it comes to western culture. Dude probably just wants a couple of billion so he can go off and bang chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it must be an extreme level of Trump Derangement Syndrome to think that Trump and America got nothing.
    this is how ****ing stupid some have become.

it wasn't that long ago Kim Jong Un was threatening to nuke America and testing missiles. then Trump was tough on Kim Jong Un and people said there was going to be a nuclear war. fast forward and now this President has gotten this dictator to agree to denuclearize, and these same people say this is nothing?

ohh no nuclear war!! ..Kim Jong Un agrees denuclearize ..oh this is nothing.

one can also throw out the 3 prisoners that were already released.

if Obama had gotten Kim Jong Un to do this people on that side would be calling Obama the greatest President of all time. but instead Donald Trump did this. this is historic and some people clearly can not handle Trump having so much success.
    You already announced that regardless of how this meeting went, you would blame the "liberal media" for spinning it negatively (even if there were negative things to cover). You're not interested in truth, facts, or even progress between US and NK--you're interested in having a narrative pillow to lay your fragile head on.

Nothing new came into play, we saw the same things agreed to in the document, vague references (that need not be upheld by Kim) verbally (referenced to by a pathological liar), and one odd concession from Trump. The things he said happened were never signed or formally agreed to. Everyone ******** on this and hoping it went bad is an idiot, as it is in the best interest of, well, everyone. But Trump basically gave a huge propaganda boost to a murderous scum lord and got nothing new in return. If Kim takes bigger steps, that's fantastic--but he hasn't signed up for anything that makes him do so.

You really have no idea about the concept of denuclerization, how binding this is, or how relations with NK have gone in the past. Then again, your knowledge of US history runs the impressive length of "there used to be slavery and now there isn't, the end" so I'm not sure we are being fair here in asking for any sort of honest input. Here's some things that happened after that:

1985: North Korea signs Nuclear NonProliferation Treaty
    1992: North Korea signs historic agreement to halt nuclear program! (#1)
    1994: North Korea signs historic agreement to halt nuclear program! (#2)
    1999: North Korea signs historic agreement to end missile tests
    2000: North Korea signs historic agreement to reunify Korea! Nobel Peace Prize is awarded
    2005: North Korea declares support for "denuclearization" of Korean peninsula
    2005: North Korea signs historic agreement to halt nuclear program and "denuclearize"! (#3)
    2006: North Korea declares support for "denuclearization" of Korean peninsula
    2006: North Korea again support for "denuclearization" of Korean peninsula
    2007: North Korea signs historic agreement to halt nuclear program! (#4)
    2007: N&S Korea sign agreement on reunification
    2010: North Korea commits to ending Korean War
    2010: North Korea announces commitment to "denuclearize"
    2010: North Korea again announces commitment to "denuclearize"
    2011: North Korea announces plan to halt nuclear and missile tests
    2012: North Korea announces halt to nuclear program
    2015: North Korea offers to halt nuclear tests
    2016: North Korea again announces support for "denuclearization"

I think the meeting in and of itself should be viewed as a positive. But you're grasping at straws with the victimization of Trump when you look at it through any historical lens, or apply any of the necessary caution in regards to what it actually might produce given that all that happened is Un "reaffirmed" commitment to something NK already "committed to" (and didn't do) along with Trump characterizing American military operations in the peninsula as provocative (this is quite the concession).
    Last edited by browski234; 06-12-2018 at 09:25 PM.

So, just to clarify: Those of you in here that are criticizing Trump about the summit have heartburn because KJU was legitimized and Trump gave more than was given back? Am I reading all of you correctly?
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 06-12-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    So, just to clarify: Those of you in here that are criticizing Trump about the summit have heartburn because KJU was legitimized and Trump gave more than was given back? Am I reading all of you correctly?
    Even though the US didn’t give them anything at all

No cash, no release on economic sanctions etc

I think people on the other side who are really excited need to calm down also. It’s a step forward. Kim accepted the invite to come to the US and I hope SK/China/NK and US get together and talk things over and maybe sign a peace treaty etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think the poster forgot no joint american and S. Korea military field operation in the area, which was a big thing to the Chinese and N. Korean since we started them decades ago.

LOL, we, the other side need to calm down, it was y'all talking about how this was Trump Noble Peace Prize move. It is often the Trump side that oversell a accomplishment and downplaying a failure.
    Last edited by WES445; 06-13-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Even though the US didn’t give them anything at all

No cash, no release on economic sanctions etc

I think people on the other side who are really excited need to calm down also. It’s a step forward. Kim accepted the invite to come to the US and I hope SK/China/NK and US get together and talk things over and maybe sign a peace treaty etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The US really doesn’t need to give them anything. China happily does that. They see it as a great way to poke us in the eye and since they have exclusive control over their border, there is very little we can do to stop them.

I don’t think the sanctions are doing what we think they are. Since they don’t feed their own people, they only need to sneak enough over to take care of the elites.

The last rounds of sanctions were laughed at by the Chinese and Russians as they supplied N. Korea with everything they needed. You got to go thru China to deal with N.Korea. This summit states just enough that both sides can go home, play with it's wording and then claim victory and continue doing what they were doing. No way the hardcore neocon going to go for that. I am surprise Trump's boy National security advisor, John Bolton head didn't explode while he looked on. They still have a nuke and a delivery system to take it here. No deadline on it being dismantle?

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    You already announced that regardless of how this meeting went, you would blame the "liberal media" for spinning it negatively
    you mean exactly like they have been.

I didn't even bother reading the rest because it's not worth my time since you never have anything intelligent and productive in a reply to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Another moronic post from the board’s dumbest poster. The only person who’d be changing his tune had this been Obama is you. Actually that’s not true, Brewer and Missouri bronco would be as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    A better question is how is it not a moronic post. How about we start with the idea that Kim Jong Un backed down on his threats because Trump “was tough on him”. LMAO! That’s completely ********! Un was a two-bit tyrant with no recognition until Trump gave it to him. As for Un agreeing to denuclearize, he won’t denuclearize. Trump asked for nothing specific in working towards denuking. He won’t denuclearize so he just got a bunch of concessions from NK for basically squat.

please just think for a minute. what was the entire purpose of this back and forth from Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un since they first agreed to have a meeting? the entire reason was Kim Jong Un agreeing to denuclearize. that has been the whole point of all of this, and now that gets ignored or said it's nothing.
    I know nobody likes to be called stupid (definition-having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense) but sadly right now this fits for millions of people in America.

the left has gone from concluding that there would be a nuclear war to now refusing to give Trump credit on getting Kim Jong Un to give up those nuclear weapons.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/06...tastrophe.html

Trump says after North Korea summit that the world has taken 'step back' from 'potential Nuclear catastrophe'
    President Trump on Tuesday touted the success of his summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, thanking the rogue regime’s ruler and saying “the World has taken a big step back from potential Nuclear catastrophe!”

Among the topics discussed at the historic summit held in Singapore was the “complete denuclearization of the Korean peninsula,” of which Trump and Kim signed an agreement committing to pursue. The concession was one of the main requirements sought after by the U.S.

The timeline for the denuclearization was left unclear but Trump told Fox News that he thought it would start "virtually immediately.”

the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...mediately.html

Trump to 'Hannity': Kim Jong Un to start denuclearization 'virtually immediately'
    President Trump, on the heels of his historic summit with Kim Jong Un, told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that he believes the North Korean leader will begin to work toward dismantling his country’s nuclear program “virtually immediately.”

The president left Singapore after the two leaders signed a document stating Pyongyang would work toward "complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

In an interview with Fox News, Trump said the process is “really moving rapidly.”

“I just think that we are now we are going to start the process of denuclearization of North Korea, and I believe that he’s going back and will start it virtually immediately – and he’s already indicated that and you look at what he’s done,” Trump said.

The historic agreement came after the two leaders held several meetings throughout the day. Trump was asked by a reporter if Kim agreed to denuclearize and he said, “We are starting that process very quickly.”

Trump said at a press conference that he will be ending joint military exercises between the United States and South Korea.

He also said Kim agreed to destroy a “major” missile testing site, but did not offer specific details.

The joint declaration states that the U.S. has committed to providing "security guarantees" to Pyongyang.

Whether the unpredictable North Korean leader will follow through remains unclear, but Trump sounded optimistic as he left the summit. He told “Hannity” the two of them “got along from the beginning” and Kim understood the need to dismantle his nuclear program.

“His country has to be de-nuked and he understood that, he fully understood that, he didn’t fight it,” Trump said.

The summit, which almost didn’t happen, represented a remarkable turnaround from the tension between Washington and Pyongyang last summer when Trump and Kim exchanged a war of words, with the American president warning the dictator of “fire and fury.”

Trump told Fox News, though, that “without the rhetoric we wouldn’t have been here.”

“So I think the rhetoric, I hated to do it, sometimes I felt foolish doing it, but we had no choice,” he said.

As for what happens next, Trump insisted, “I think he’s gone back to get this done. He wants to get it done.”

During a gaggle later in the day with reporters on Air Force One, Trump said he trusts Kim but the U.S. would have to "check" to ensure denuclearization occurs.

"We're going to have to check him. And we will check him, we'll check him very strongly. But he has a plan total and complete," Trump said. "He's got a total plan. It will get done."

When asked whether he had any concerns about Kim, the president insisted Kim "wants to get it done."

He added: "And we should all want that to happen."
    details still have to be finalized and this is still a process that has to happen, and America will have to keep checking to make sure it's happening.

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-hou...-best-24-hours

Media can’t admit Trump just had his best 24 hours
    Your big news of the week — and possibly the year and beyond, depending on how it ultimately shakes out — is that President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un announced a general agreement that includes the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula in exchange for the U.S. offering up "security guarantees" while ending joint military exercises with South Korea.

And, as a reminder of just how stunning these developments are in a Trump news cycle full of stunners on an almost-daily basis, just look back at the headlines of August 2017 that warned of nuclear war due to Trump's vow to bring down “fire and fury the world has never seen” after North Korea conducted another missile test while threatening to nuke Guam.

The devil is in the details around this agreement announced Tuesday, and past agreements with the North Koreans have resulted the same net worth as a losing lottery ticket.

But again, when compared to where we were 10 months ago, to think that no missile tests have been conducted since December, that Kim Jong Un is speaking on friendly terms with South Korea and the U.S., that a roadmap to a denuclearized peninsula is now agreed to, it's very difficult to not say the past 24 hours haven't been arguably the best 24 hours for Trump since the tax bill was signed — if not the best since election night.

So how did our political media handle the story? In some cases, but not nearly enough, fairly well in laying out the facts and asking the right questions around the specifics of the agreement or Trump's praise of Kim, a dictator accused of human right violations. All fair.

Yet, as is always the case, there are too many of the usual suspects who exist in the Fourth Estate only to provide comfort food to their audiences and readers out of fear alienating them for the crime of actually praising the president’ accomplishments.

The reflex to the negative is built into the DNA now, for as long Trump is in office. And that usually means getting provocative in providing "coverage" of an historic event.

And that said, here's your colorful to, shall we say, interesting quotes from the media in the past 24 hours:

“Is it worth even bringing up ... that the president of the United States turned 72 this week? We think Kim Jong Un is 34. Again, somebody who has been trained, who has come through a dynastic situation. Does that give him necessarily an advantage here?” (MSNBC's Chris Jansing on Monday)

"Two larger than life showmen [Trump and Kim] have turned a summit about life and death into a sort of reality show in Singapore." (CNN's Erin Burnett)

"Disconcerting to say the least to see POUTS shaking hands with the thug Kim Jong Un and saying he’s 'honored.' Will only be worth it if Mike Pompeo is right about what he sensed in his NK meetings. We’ll know soon enough," (Fox News analyst Brit Hume.)

"President Trump wrote a book on deal-making and we know Kim Jong Un is aware of it. Dennis Rodman says he presented the book, 'The Art of the Deal,' to a government official in North Korea last year. So Kim may have got a look inside the Trump playbook in advance." (CBS Evening News anchor Jeff Glor; in a related note, "The Art of the Deal" was written more than three decades ago, when Kim was 2-years-old)

“Just because something hasn't happened before, doesn't mean it's historic." (Presidential historian Jon Meacham on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," on the historic, first-ever meeting between a sitting U.S. president and a North Korean leader)

“I can kind of understand with North Korea because you butter up somebody to get them to the negotiating table. And if he [Trump] succeeds, God bless him. If he succeeds in reducing the nuclear threat in North Korea." (CBS "Late Show" host Stephen Colbert, a staunch Trump critic)

“This is not gonna work,” Chris Matthews responded to Colbert. “This is not just lunch. No, it’s not gonna work.”

"One particularly interesting thing about the menu, as I was thinking as you were reading all that out, Don. The poor North Korean people. If they knew what was being dished out there. They can't even imagine the types of foods that you've rolled off your tongue." (Jonathan Wachtel, former communications director at the U.S. mission to the U.N., to CNN's Don Lemon.)

"Trump and Kim Each Got a Win from the Summit. But Did the World?" (Time Magazine headline)

"I've long been an advocate of involving Dennis Rodman. He is a unique person since he has a relationship with both Kim Jong Un and with Donald Trump. And obviously he has a great rapport with Kim Jong Un — who is a basketball fanatic himself. So, I think there's a potential here to engage Dennis Rodman in a serious way in promoting this relationship." (Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper to Chris Cuomo, on CNN)

“If you can do certain things, I would listen, my ears would be open. And I tried to do that with [President] Obama. And Obama did not give me the time of day. I asked him, I said, 'I have something to say from North Korea and he brushed me off.' And that didn’t deter me. I still kept going back." (An emotional Dennis Rodman to Chris Cuomo, on CNN)

“I’ve got to admit, when I see these two people [Trump and Kim] shaking hands, I feel a sense of relief, as do a lot of people in Washington, knowing how bleak the situation was six months ago." (MSNBC's Joe Scarborough)

“For the love of God, Mr. President, don’t get us all killed." (HLN's S.E. Cupp before the summit began on Monday)

"I don't think that there is a bar high enough that the president can hit that they will deem as a success. No matter what he does, no matter what results he gets. There's always something about the process or the intrigue that didn't meet up to their standards." (Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer to Fox News)

"If Obama had had the last 24 hours that Trump has had, the GOP would be demanding his impeachment." (The Resurgent's Erick Erickson on Twitter)

"Claims of achievements from this summit are nonsensical. Trump got nothing except empty promises. Kim Jong Un achieved global standing for his evil regime and got military exercises canceled. The sycophantic panting and exultations across the GOP and Trump media are delusional." (MSNBC contributor and former John McCain presidential campaign manager Steve Schmidt)

Add it all up and, at first glance, it may be difficult for the average person watching at home or reading online to know what to make of this summit in terms of success or failure.

Unless, of course, those watching and reading have a brain and the ability to draw conclusions on their own.

All too often, we don't give news consumers the credit they deserve in being able to cut through the noise and come to their own conclusions.

Example: The Hill tallied up 59 newspaper endorsements right before the 2016 election. Result: Hillary Clinton landed 57 of those 59 endorsements.

Next result: The Democratic challenger gave a concession speech days later after the votes were counted.

Lesson: Some in our media, particularly of the political variety, believe being louder and more provocative means getting through to more people after such clips and posts go viral. The key is influence. As we've seen time and again, that influence is only a fraction of what it once was due to the cacophony, the confusion.

A Pew Research analysis last week found that nearly seven in 10 Americans are fatigued by the news cycle.

Not surprising.

And after three days of summit talk that is dominated by opinion, the fatigue just got even stronger, while media influence over opinion is a relic of the past.

What verification process has been implemented? Is IAEA involved? Are we relying on self verification?

As several posters have written, this meeting was nice — nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe it signals a genuine starting point for real progress; maybe not. In the world of international diplomacy, long-term hindsight is the only way to assess the efficacy of any meeting or series of meetings.

In point of fact, what it was was a pleasant enough diversion.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What verification process has been implemented? Is IAEA involved? Are we relying on self verification?
    add

by a nation that have repeatly violated every treaty, agreement it has signed with us?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    details still have to be finalized

if people want to criticize Trump then I think this type of thing is something that could/should get criticism, that details should have been finalized before making an announcement that things were done.

I think it was last night on Fox News The Five (not sure) someone talked about this as this is Trump acting like a businessman as in they agree to the basics and then it's details that get worked out by others involved after that.

the point is that this is what Kim Jong Un has agreed to. while people can be skeptical and have a reason to be skeptical this is still just the beginning of what will have to be a long process of making sure this happens and remains this way.

Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast