Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1122
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Then I suppose youíd have to change your name.

Look, I do not necessarily agree with Scheer ó in fact, as I posted earlier, I believe that there are no tangible takeaways from this meeting ó but it goes to show that at times the left can go so far that they come out on the right (and vise versa).
    Yes there is the far, far left Jimmy Dore/Dennis Kusinich wing of the party that has embraced Trump, provided excuses for Putin murderering critics, and Russia's interference in our elections. They are on crack and should not be taken seriously.

I'm all over the place on this, still. Here are my random thoughts (sorry if I'm repeating things).

For every good, there's a bad.

The summit itself was good; it was just handled so poorly.

"Denuclearization" is good, but it's an intentionally ambiguous word that's been agreed upon numerous times in the past and doesn't at all mean disarmament.

Stopping the military drills in a vacuum is good, but our allies in the region weren't expecting that.

Conservatives being comfortable with negotiating is great (even if it's because they're just partisan neanderthals), but the complete glossing over of DPRK's human rights atrocities is awful. You can negotiate with dictators while still holding them accountable and not ignoring mass atrocities and creating fictitious narratives of how glorious it is to live there. When Albright was doing similar things she brought along human rights leaders to emphasize the point that if you want normalized relations you have to clean up your act. That must remain true.

It's also disappointing seeing Libs wishing this all gets torpedoed because they too are partisan hacks. "Lets try to torpedo peace talks led by South Korean liberals/leftists because...Trump?". The state of this country's politics, man...

And so on and so forth. You can go on for days. Perhaps it's not surprising that something so significant yet delicate, and something that's being handled by these two insane men, isn't black-and-white. At all.

I'd rather be here than where we were. Whether or not we got bamboozled and regardless of who "won" the summit, this is better. John Bolton has been pushed to the side and that's a massive win in its own. Let Trump bask in the PR or whatever so long as it means a more willful acceptance of peace. And if you're a Liberal that's turning into a hawk because of this, well, don't.
    this my sig

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    NK claims he did and Trump hasn't denied it. Either way he's getting played like a fiddle.
    Link to this ********?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/markknoller/stat...313010688?s=21

Sounds like Un buttered Trump up. Thatís why Trump has reportedly removed sanctions AND stopped military exercises in South Korea. And got nothing in return.
    I donít think they have removed sanctions. Has this been reported by anything more credible NK media?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Link to this ********?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN1J9022

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I donít think they have removed sanctions. Has this been reported by anything more credible NK media?
    No.

That is the problem with this agreement, it is so vague, each side can claim victory and all sorts of things. It's only the N. Korea's side (and China) that claim a end to sanctions.

I just read that Singapore is only 85 miles from the Equator. Why did they choose a place with such hot weather?

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    I just read that Singapore is only 85 miles from the Equator. Why did they choose a place with such hot weather?
    Basically the most neutral place it could happen.

Using neutral very lightly.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    yeah... it is funny to watch the typical PSD pundits run their mouths...

the funniest thing I saw today was Juan Williams saying that Trump isn't better than other US presidents because he got Kim to talk... he said kim was probably afraid of Clinton and Bush...

yeah juan you ****ing idiot... he was 8 when Clinton became president and 16 when Bush did...

It is going to be interesting to see what happens as I think people really are underestimating Kim's willingness to capitulate... he is a product of the Social Media age and isn't an old hard liner like his father and grandfather when it comes to western culture. Dude probably just wants a couple of billion so he can go off and bang chicks.
    Thereís a network with NK, Russia and China, so Trumps improved relationship with the other two (who essentially support and smuggle goods to NK despite sanctions) made the talks easier to occur.

Diplomacy is good. I like it. But given all the parties involved, I think we (all of us as Americans who I hope still like democracy) should keep tempered expectations just as we should have with the Iran agreement.

Who knows. Weíll see. Lots of chicken littles and Kool aid drinkers on each side blowing this up.

If NK truly denuclearizes (that is not just haunting development, but gives up their stockpile) then Trump, Moon and Kim deserve a Nobel Prize IMO, most of all Moon who has wanted to unify the peninsula since he was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Even though the US didnít give them anything at all

No cash, no release on economic sanctions etc

I think people on the other side who are really excited need to calm down also. Itís a step forward. Kim accepted the invite to come to the US and I hope SK/China/NK and US get together and talk things over and maybe sign a peace treaty etc

Agreed. Itís a positive step, but itís still step 2 of 10 so weíll see. I like it. Just wish he took a similar approach with Iran. That is, a ďletís fix thisĒ not ďletís kill this and align ourselves with all of Iranís enemies in the regionĒ. While I donít like that approach, taking it as a conservative approach and accepting it for what it is, itís a bit of a checkmate against Iran. Weíve fully allied with Israel, Russia and China. Thereís not many successful moves for Iran to make anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    People are upset because Trump complimented Kim Jong Un. DT is probably just buttering him up as a negotiation tactic.
    He wants his Nobel to match Obama, then heíll immediately nuke the peninsula on Boltonís advise haha

Yes there is the far, far left Jimmy Dore/Dennis Kusinich wing of the party that has embraced Trump, provided excuses for Putin murderering critics, and Russia's interference in our elections. They are on crack and should not be taken seriously.
    All crap as per usual from you. Jimmy stands for all basic liberal policies.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    He wants his Nobel to match Obama, then heíll immediately nuke the peninsula on Boltonís advise haha
    Can't the U.S. just drop a regular bomb on Kim's house (whatever you call their version of the White House) with him in it? And didn't they try that with Muammar Qaddafi?

Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast