Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The Free Agency Thread

I figure it's time to get one of these started up. I'll start it off by posting my 2 main bats I want this off-season. Both of them a solution to our leadoff troubles.

1. Lorenzo Cain

He's a GG candidate this year and he's exactly what we need at the top of our order. Contact, speed and even a bit of pop. The only problem is that he's probably going to be looking for Fowler money. If we can get him to bite on 4 years then great but I'd still offer a 5th if he wouldn't budge. This would also allow us to dangle Pillar for an arm or retain him and have one of the best defensive OFs in the majors.

2. Eduardo Nunez

Will probably go for much cheaper than Cain and can still be our solution at the top of the lineup. He can also play the 4, 5 and 6 so he'll practically be a starter all year at any of those positions. The 4 and 6 mostly. Jokes aside, he's looked great these last 2 years and based on his success only being recent, you could probably get him to sign a 3 year 30 mil deal which should be long enough for Bo to develop.

I think those are both realistic options and in my dream World we get both then proceed to stack them at the top of the lineup.

2B Nunez
    RF Cain
    3B JD
    1B Smoak
    DH Morales
    LF Pearce
    SS Tulo
    C Martin
    CF Pillar

That's a damn good lineup going into 2018. It also allows us to deal specs or guys like Travis and Pillar for arms.

The Free Agency Thread

My list would

1. Otani it might be hard for sure but he fits the bill with a contender or rebuild. Even though a top three rotation of Stro-Sanchez-Otani could make for a quick turnaround.

2. JD Martinez would be above Cain by a bit for me, just a better bat who doesn't depend on his legs as much as Cain does. A year younger too

3. Eric Hosmer would be awesome, use Smoak as a trade chip. There's about 0.001% chance of this happening but I'd still like it.

4. Lorenzo Cain be great on a 3 year deal but will almost certainly get 4y maybe 5. I can see see him decline rather quick but will still be a solid corner OFer.
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 09-22-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I figure it's time to get one of these started up. I'll start it off by posting my 2 main bats I want this off-season. Both of them a solution to our leadoff troubles.

1. Lorenzo Cain

He's a GG candidate this year and he's exactly what we need at the top of our order. Contact, speed and even a bit of pop. The only problem is that he's probably going to be looking for Fowler money. If we can get him to bite on 4 years then great but I'd still offer a 5th if he wouldn't budge. This would also allow us to dangle Pillar for an arm or retain him and have one of the best defensive OFs in the majors.

2. Eduardo Nunez

Will probably go for much cheaper than Cain and can still be our solution at the top of the lineup. He can also play the 4, 5 and 6 so he'll practically be a starter all year at any of those positions. The 4 and 6 mostly. Jokes aside, he's looked great these last 2 years and based on his success only being recent, you could probably get him to sign a 3 year 30 mil deal which should be long enough for Bo to develop.

I think those are both realistic options and in my dream World we get both then proceed to stack them at the top of the lineup.

2B Nunez
    RF Cain
    3B JD
    1B Smoak
    DH Morales
    LF Pearce
    SS Tulo
    C Martin
    CF Pillar

That's a damn good lineup going into 2018. It also allows us to deal specs or guys like Travis and Pillar for arms.
    I have zero faith in Pearce being healthy. Unless he DH's or plays some 1b .I'm iffy on Tulo and Martin, but theyre under contract so can't do anything there ... other than that ... looks pretty good .

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    I have zero faith in Pearce being healthy. Unless he DH's or plays some 1b .I'm iffy on Tulo and Martin, but theyre under contract so can't do anything there ... other than that ... looks pretty good .
    Zeke can always get the odd start out there too. He's earned a spot on this roster.

Like you said, nothing we can really do about Martin and Tulo. Martin still provides value with his catching though.

I do love the idea of getting a guy that can really play a few positions. Nunez is one guy. I think Eduardo Escobar can, Villar, etc. We should be focusing on a guy like that if Travis is going to be given more chances. I don't see them addressing the OF. Pearce in LF. Alford, Smith, Pompey and Hernandez will be in RF. Very few moves as far as the everyday lineup looks, unless there's a big trade coming. Another option might be to move Tulo over and let Urena have the reins.

It's funny to me that we were expected to compete a few years ago with 6 rookies on the opening day roster. And now I hear Wilner saying you can't win with two rookies. BS. Red Sox and Yankees both say different this year. If they have talent, you can win.

2B Nunez
    RF Cain
    3B JD
    1B Smoak
    DH Morales
    LF Hernandez
    SS Tulo
    C Martin
    CF Pillar

That Bomb he hit makes me believe he can be a good one!
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 09-23-2017 at 05:21 PM.

I'd look at Cobb too. I'd offer him a 3+1 deal. He'd be a really good 3-5 spot starter this year and beyond.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

The Free Agency Thread

Carlos Gonzales could be a decent but low option. He's had a bad season but he's a lefty and might just be having an off year. Might just want a 1 year deal to reclaim some value