View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Cowboys

2 100.00%
  • Arizona Cardinals

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Week 3: Dallas Cowboys (1-1) at Arizona Cardinals (1-1)

Code:
    Dallas Cowboys AT Arizona Cardinals
    9/25/2017 8:30 PM EST
    University of Phoenix Stadium
    Statistical Highlights
    Dak Prescott Yards: 506 TDs: 3 INTs: 2 RATING: 78.2 Carson Palmer Yards: 600 TDs: 2 INTs: 4 RATING: 65.6 Ezekiel Elliott Yards: 112 TDs: 0 Attempts: 33 YPC: 3.4 Chris Johnson Yards: 44 TDs: 0 Attempts: 11 YPC: 4.0 Dez Bryant Yards: 102 TDs: 1 Catches: 9 YPC: 11.3 Larry Fitzgerald Yards: 95 TDs: 0 Catches: 9 YPC: 10.6 Cole Beasley Yards: 65 TDs: 0 Receptions: 7 YPC: 9.3 J.J. Nelson Yards: 163 TDs: 2 Receptions: 10 YPC: 16.3 Jason Witten Yards: 156 TDs: 2 Catches: 17 YPC: 9.7 Jermaine Gresham Yards: 15 TDs: 0 Catches: 3 YPC: 5.0

Cowboys will bounce back in this one. It'll probably be fairly low scoring, but the Cardinals offense can be very anemic. I'll say Cowboys win 24-14.

Slow day for me... I was just watching the highlights of the 2006(7?) Seahawks playoff game where Tony Romo fumbled the snap. You know, if Grammatica (the kicker) would have been able to throw any kind of block on the guy who was chasing behind Romo he probably would have gotten in for a TD. How different the narrative would have been...

I think this team has too much pride, especially its leaders, to lay another egg. I expect the team to be extremely sharp in this game.

With Dez's struggles to get separation and the fact that he's going to be blanketed by Peterson all game I think he has another bad game. This is where the Cowboys NEED him to have a great game I just don't think he will. Beasley on the other hand should fair better. I wish they would run some plays with Beasley and Switzer. I can see the OL and Zeke having a big game. They have a lot to prove.

Dez just doesn't have blazing speed....he has to rely on his size and strength. He doesn't seem to normally have separation from corners. Denver was unique in that they had that 3rd good corner that can cover Beasely. Normally, though, Beasely is very quick in moving from spot to spot, so he seems open a lot. It's a lot easier to throw to him or Witten. Zeke needs to get his head in the game. He really did not look like himself....and just stood there when the ball was intercepted. The O line could play better too. They allowed defenders to shut down running lanes. The Cardinals and the Rams are the types of the team they have to beat because of all the strong teams coming after that. Rams have 10 days to prepare for us and they are a talented bunch....so the Cowboys need to beat these teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I think this team has too much pride, especially its leaders, to lay another egg. I expect the team to be extremely sharp in this game.

With Dez's struggles to get separation and the fact that he's going to be blanketed by Peterson all game I think he has another bad game. This is where the Cowboys NEED him to have a great game I just don't think he will. Beasley on the other hand should fair better. I wish they would run some plays with Beasley and Switzer. I can see the OL and Zeke having a big game. They have a lot to prove.
    The Cowboys just need to not press it. There are other areas of weakness that they can attack. They don't need him to have a good game, they just need to not force the ball to him and attack with Witten, Beas, Williams this game.

Should be much more running room in this game as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    The Cowboys just need to not press it. There are other areas of weakness that they can attack. They don't need him to have a good game, they just need to not force the ball to him and attack with Witten, Beas, Williams this game.

Should be much more running room in this game as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think defenses are just going to load the box and make Dak throw the ball until he proves he can beat them. The Cards don't have the same caliber of a front 7 as Denver but they're not bad. That's why I think Zeke will have a rough game, especially early. Outside of Peterson and Honeybadger their CB's are not great so on any given play Beasley or TWill or even Witten should be open.

I think defenses are just going to load the box and make Dak throw the ball until he proves he can beat them. The Cards don't have the same caliber of a front 7 as Denver but they're not bad. That's why I think Zeke will have a rough game, especially early. Outside of Peterson and Honeybadger their CB's are not great so on any given play Beasley or TWill or even Witten should be open.
    There are no secrets here. Every team tries to stop Zeke and let Dak beat them. lol
    Especially last year when Dak was a rookie. Denver did not expose anything and teams cannot copy what they did because most teams lack their talent.
    Denver has a great defense and dallas had a poor game.
    I'm not concerned with the offense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    There are no secrets here. Every team tries to stop Zeke and let Dak beat them. lol
    Especially last year when Dak was a rookie. Denver did not expose anything and teams cannot copy what they did because most teams lack their talent.
    Denver has a great defense and dallas had a poor game.
    I'm not concerned with the offense at all.
    I agree with this completely. I think there has been a whole lot of overreaction with Dak

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Cowboys will bounce back in this one. It'll probably be fairly low scoring, but the Cardinals offense can be very anemic. I'll say Cowboys win 24-14.
    Hope you are right - unfortunately, I don't share that feeling. Since started I became a Cowboys fan 10 years ago, we haven't beat the Cardinals. After losing 4 straight to them it is about time we beat them!

So I know it's been a minute since I've posted here, and this isn't exactly game related...I realize they want to develop the young guys but why haven't they checked in on one of the bigger name FAs with the injuries first to Scandrick and Lewis then Chido and Carroll? They obviously don't have the front 7 of a team that can make up for a bad secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by noraj9 View Post
    So I know it's been a minute since I've posted here, and this isn't exactly game related...I realize they want to develop the young guys but why haven't they checked in on one of the bigger name FAs with the injuries first to Scandrick and Lewis then Chido and Carroll? They obviously don't have the front 7 of a team that can make up for a bad secondary.
    It has been a while since you posted!

I don't understand why we haven't looked at Revis honestly. Two years ago he was still really good. Last year could have been an aberration. I feel like he could at the least be a good safety for us. At best, he plays really well at CB and allows us to cut Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    It has been a while since you posted!

I don't understand why we haven't looked at Revis honestly. Two years ago he was still really good. Last year could have been an aberration. I feel like he could at the least be a good safety for us. At best, he plays really well at CB and allows us to cut Carroll
    I honestly think he just can't play anymore or doesn't have the fire it takes to play in the NFL.

I honestly think he just can't play anymore or doesn't have the fire it takes to play in the NFL.
    That has to be it because it doesn't make sense that nobody would take a flier on him given how good he was.

Quote Originally Posted by bimbambum View Post
    Hope you are right - unfortunately, I don't share that feeling. Since started I became a Cowboys fan 10 years ago, we haven't beat the Cardinals. After losing 4 straight to them it is about time we beat them!
    I think it is too! You came on with the ascent of Romo to Cowboys fandom?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast