Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Hunt For the #1 Pick

With 11 days left in the regular season (10 games), the Tigers currently sit 2 games back for the worst record in all of baseball.

I expect Ausmus to be told he gone shortly after that, but that is a different thread.

Tigers are currently battling the White Sox, Giants, and Phillies for this great achievement of baseball suckatude. Looking at the remaining schedules for all 4 teams the White Sox have the inside track for the first pick with a easier schedule to lose games. The Tigers have the 2nd hardest schedule to close out followed by the Phillies and the Giants.

If I was a betting man I'd say the Tigers get the #2 draft pick at the end of the season or the #3.

Hope we lose every game

It's possible we do but I think we win 1 more game. With 7 games left against the Twins and 3 against the Royals we will probably win 1 of those against KC. Twins are fighting for that 2nd WC spot so I expect them to handle us pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    Hope we lose every game
    this

Who do you want them to draft?

Singer seems like an obvious choice and would give them first round starters from the Gators two years in a row. Wonder if they need a position player like Turang more.
    Last edited by GasMan; 09-21-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Who do you want them to draft?

Singer seems like an obvious choice and would give them first round starters from the Gators two years in a row. Wonder if they need a position player like Turang more.
    I'm curious because if the SS that seems at this point to be consensus #1 is available at our slot it'd be hard to turn him down, but pairing the Florida pitcher with Faedo would be a fun storyline to follow

I hope they draft the #1 high school player tbh. This isn't going to be a quick rebuild.

Also, the White Sox won yesterday.

What a great weekend for the Tigers!

White Sox and Phillies won a couple and the Giants won a game as well. Tigers are now tied for the 2nd overall pick with the Phillies and 1 game behind the Giants for #1! Go team go!

F'n right. Can't believe they are even tanking properly.

It's happening!!!!!!

3 way tie with the Phillies, Giants, and Tigers for best worst record in baseball

White six stupidly won yesterday giving the tigers a 2 gam cushion for the 3rd pick

As of today we are at .397 and the Giants/Philly are at .395 so we have a little more loos'n to do.

As for prospects, I don't think we'll pick any lower than the 6th spot no matter what we do from here so here is my top 6 prospects:

1. Brady Singer, RHP Florida- most solid of the group
    2. Jarred Kelenic, OF Wisconsin HS- can play all three spots, use to cold weather, good speed/power mix
    3. Brice Turang, SS/OF HS- needs to develop but might have most upside, compared to Yelch
    4. Kumar Rocker, RHP HS- mature pitcher with great motion
    5. Ethan Hankins, RHP HS- long tall pitcher with huge upside
    6. Shane McClanahan, LHP college (Auburn?)- Best LHP in the draft, always counts for something

Phillies went full ****** last night and won so we are now sitting at 2nd pick at worst right now. Giants have the same number of wins but more in the loss column right now.

Giants have 4 games left with 1 against the DBacks and 4 vs the Padres. They should be able to slip up and win against SD.

Tigers have 5 games left with 2 against KC and 3 vs the Twins.

Here's to losing out for #1!

The Giants won!

Tigers officially are the worst team in baseball.

Just lose out and we get #1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast