Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 152
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,162
    ESPN just reported that Bradford is out again this week after not responding well to limited practice. We are cursed...

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,162
    Time to trade for Garoppolo!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Harlingen, TX
    Posts
    2,919
    It's too early to scrap the season but when/if we get to that point, I'd like to see what Sloter can do.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    12,120
    Ya Bradford is out this weekend. Essentially ending his career with the Vikings as well. I won't necessarily rule it out that he couldn't come back but it would be on a 1 year deal. But if Teddy truly comes back week 8 and looks ok then he'll be the guy I would expect to resign.

    We all knew that this would be a make or break year for Sam in terms of getting another long term contract. It sucks that his knee decided it for him this early. I feel bad for Sam because if it's not one thing then its another thing. At this point in his career he has made a **** load of money. He should really consider hanging it up.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    14,003
    Case Keenum is 2-0 against Tampa. Pretty decent #'s against them. Hopefully he continues that Sunday.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    12,120
    The season is not over yet guys even though the outlook is rather bleak. While Keenam is not a good QB I don't think he is necessarily as bad as he played last week either. We could possibly be drafting higher than we thought this year which if there was a year to draft high this would be it. Darnold, Jackson, Allen, Rosen are all guys that could go in the top half of the draft.

    I'm not sure Darnold comes out but if he does he will likely be #1. I like Rosen and Allen quite a bit. Not sure if Jackson translates to the NFL or not.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,571
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    The season is not over yet guys even though the outlook is rather bleak. While Keenam is not a good QB I don't think he is necessarily as bad as he played last week either. We could possibly be drafting higher than we thought this year which if there was a year to draft high this would be it. Darnold, Jackson, Allen, Rosen are all guys that could go in the top half of the draft.

    I'm not sure Darnold comes out but if he does he will likely be #1. I like Rosen and Allen quite a bit. Not sure if Jackson translates to the NFL or not.
    This season is plenty over.. Keenam sucks and there are alot better teams in the NFC. You think this sorry *** team can beat the falcons or packers ? We are definetly drafting higher then we thought but with zimmer and our dbag GM its not going matter. We have sucked since 2009 and it isnt going to change soon. You over positive vikings can relish in another 8-8 season.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


    If you cant beat them, join them

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,504
    Typical Vikings season. Think you're legitimate contenders after week 1, season is over by week 3. I'd say there's always next year but the odds are against it. Unreal.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    12,120
    lol I'm not even mad to be honest. I'm a Cubs and Vikings fan for ****s sake. As much hope as I had for this team there was always that reservation with Sam and his injury history. It lingered in the back of my mind but I just didn't expect it to happen so fast.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Harlingen, TX
    Posts
    2,919
    Okay, let's assume Sam is out for the season (I don't think he is). If the Vikes can scrape together 4 wins before the bye, I think we still have a chance to have a winning season and maybe even a wild card. Teddy or Sam or both will be back after the bye. The Vikes with Teddy or Sam can win 5 of their last 8.

    It all starts this week. They have to win this game at home.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T. View Post
    Okay, let's assume Sam is out for the season (I don't think he is). If the Vikes can scrape together 4 wins before the bye, I think we still have a chance to have a winning season and maybe even a wild card. Teddy or Sam or both will be back after the bye. The Vikes with Teddy or Sam can win 5 of their last 8.

    It all starts this week. They have to win this game at home.
    Seriously? The season is over..... of course things can happen, etc etc. so it isnt a guarantee but IF bridgewater comes back 1 - he was never a GREAT QB, 2 - he relied on his running/elusiveness a ton which i doubt he will even come close to having again. 3- he was out for a full year... It is either sam heals quickly and comes back next week or the season is over because we would have to go fairly close to undefeated the remainder of the year assuming we lose this week.

    See how keenum does this week but if we lose, i would be interested in seeing what Sloter (had a good pre-season, against 3rd & 4th stringers of course) has just so we know where we stand in regards to QBs come next draft when we know our draft position.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Harlingen, TX
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    Seriously? The season is over..... of course things can happen, etc etc. so it isnt a guarantee but IF bridgewater comes back 1 - he was never a GREAT QB, 2 - he relied on his running/elusiveness a ton which i doubt he will even come close to having again. 3- he was out for a full year... It is either sam heals quickly and comes back next week or the season is over because we would have to go fairly close to undefeated the remainder of the year assuming we lose this week.

    See how keenum does this week but if we lose, i would be interested in seeing what Sloter (had a good pre-season, against 3rd & 4th stringers of course) has just so we know where we stand in regards to QBs come next draft when we know our draft position.
    Hey, if you want to give up on the season after 2 games, go for it. I've seen too many strange things happen in the NFL to go that far already.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Philbrook, MN
    Posts
    1,162
    If Bradford is out for the year, the Vikings will do the same damn thing they always do and play Keenum in hopes of making the playoffs when what they should do is see what they have in Sloter. They won't go that route but this team has NO chance at making the playoffs with Keenum at QB but of course that is what we will be told by Spielman and Zim. Dalvin Cook will be stuck right where AP was with 8 guys in the box and no passing threat. When it comes to being a Vikings fan, it's times like these that I'm most thankful for Fantasy Football to give me something else to follow. Frustrated rant over.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    7,976
    Man you guys are funny. No idea where Sam is at, Teddy's eligible to come back in 4 weeks and you all want to give up on the season after 2 weeks. We went to the playoffs with Ponder for crying out loud. This defense is good, Dalvin Cook is good, Diggs is good, Theilen is good. Keenum isn't a complete dumpster fire. He's not going to be the reason you win games but he can facilitate an offense. I still think we can win 4 of the next 6 games. The NFC is a crap shoot this year. Lean on Cook and the defense and grind games out.

    Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    14,003
    Bradford is not out for the year. This injury should last between 2-6 weeks. He's on week 2. He'll be back at some point.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California


Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •