Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stupid Decision-Making Roberts

I will keep all the negativity and *****ing about Roberts in this thread.
    Last edited by DigglinDickers; 09-21-2017 at 01:44 AM.

I like looking at old articles about Roberts decisions.
    http://ladodgerreport.com/two-stupid...-innings-mess/

Roberts seems to have ran out of answers.
    appears like every single reliever he brings in after a starter is yanked, usually early, gets blown up.
    Shoulda gotten Verlander who's 3-0 in Astros uni with 2 ER in 21 innings averaging 7 innings a start.
    With a starter who will go deep, Roberts could have rested top relievers. His billpen getting overworked (using 4-5 relievers per game) If kershaw is off, there's not path to the WS.

So I guess Roberts was pissed off at Puig about how game 2 ended. According to Puig, he felt his ankle in Pain before he was going into the slide.They didn't bother treating Puig's ankle after the game, and I guess Roberts anger is why Puig didn't get to start game 3.
    But what surprised me was this quote
    http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/24...o-second-base/
    “When I put a player in the lineup, every situation, every pitch, every out is important,” Roberts said. “And it’s important that the guys I write in the lineup, I can trust ’em. So that’s all I’m going to say about that.”
    ****ing for real? Every spot in the lineup is important and you take it seriously? Then WTF have the last months worth of lineups been about?
    I thought the whole point was these games didn't matter and it's more important that guys are healthy.
    I get being angry at Puig for the way the game ended. But the last month you've been sacking games and playing sub-par lineups to keep guys healthy and "test guys out". But now all of a sudden I'm supposed to believe that each win matters?
    I doubt Puig was trying to showboat, and if he said he felt a pain I believe him, no sense in having one of our few productive hitters the last month get hurt in a worthless game.
    Puig was caught stealing second base to end Saturday night’s game, a 2-1 loss. Afterward, Puig said through an interpreter that he felt pain in his ankle the moment he was set to slide. He went into the base standing up instead and was tagged out.
    Roberts could have just said he was resting him and been done with it.
    Last edited by ciaban; 09-25-2017 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    So I guess Roberts was pissed off at Puig about how game 2 ended. According to Puig, he felt his ankle in Pain before he was going into the slide.They didn't bother treating Puig's ankle after the game, and I guess Roberts anger is why Puig didn't get to start game 3.
    But what surprised me was this quote
    http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/24...o-second-base/

****ing for real? Every spot in the lineup is important and you take it seriously? Then WTF have the last months worth of lineups been about?
    I thought the whole point was these games didn't matter and it's more important that guys are healthy.
    I get being angry at Puig for the way the game ended. But the last month you've been sacking games and playing sub-par lineups to keep guys healthy and "test guys out". But now all of a sudden I'm supposed to believe that each win matters?
    I doubt Puig was trying to showboat, and if he said he felt a pain I believe him, no sense in having one of our few productive hitters the last month get hurt in a worthless game.
    Roberts could have just said he was resting him and been done with it.

OMG... you're turning into a man after my own heart.

Roberts take on the lineup deserves an Oscar.

Puig is going for a milestone in homers and Roberts is being a dic*fart. Turner is 4 points behind Blackman for the batting title.

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Puig is going for a milestone in homers and Roberts is being a dic*fart. Turner is 4 points behind Blackman for the batting title.
    They should be playing no question. Time to get the guys a tuneup for the postseason since it will be a 3-4 day absence before the actual postseason starts once wild card winners are known. Don't need any bad karma coming into playing a series vs. the Dbacks, ROckies, or Brewers. All of which have given the DOdgers fits in recent weeks.

If Puig was safe, then it's a great move (just like Mike Davis stealing 2B). The only reason he should be out of the lineup is if he's injured.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Puig sure didn't help himself by being late today.

Am I crazy for thinking that Dre should be starting in left unless a lefty is on the mound?

Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Puig sure didn't help himself by being late today.
    He might have done that because he's upset with Roberts. That said, he should have shown up on time.

Roberts grew a pair of balls by benching Puig and is also making a few improvements. Just me and my temper keep me from remembering that Roberts still has a lot to learn being a new manager. I will go ****en nuts tho when he does something stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast