Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PreSeason Started Yesterday

Lost our first PG to Boston 4-2. Anyone see it?
    We have another tonight.

Mantha looked realgud, Larkin was flying around had an pretty good overall game, Mrazek was pretty good, Jensen looked really bad, Glendening got in a fight and that's about it, Witkowski was Witkowski (not positive), Cholo was decent for his first time out(honestly I didn't really notice him), lil Bert barely stood out, and Rasmussen was invisable other than looking weak on the boards a couple times,, which was disheartening.

PA Parenteau looked like a no shot PTO and brought down Larkin and Mantha.

Overall weak game, Boston had a considerably better roster as far as D and top end talent. They also only iced a few nhlers, but more quality.
    Last edited by Ezekial; 09-20-2017 at 06:46 PM.

I'm excited for Saturday. Yes, I think the team will suck this season but I still enjoy watching hockey, mostly Red Wings hockey anyway.

Sounds like tonight's game was a fun back and forth game.

Rasmussen's first goal as a Wing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ptY6xRzSk

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Rasmussen's first goal as a Wing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ptY6xRzSk
    That hit by Booth!

1st goal at LCA goes to Frk.

Albeit a preseason game but there were something to like from the game last night. PP looked competent for a change, and Frk looked like he had a cannon. I doubt that lasts against a real NHL lineup but for now it was fun. More of that during a dark season(s) going forward will make the Wings fun to watch at least.

Mantha was a beast and Frans Nielsen looked great too. Wikowski's motor never stops on the 4th line, he's an absolute wrecking ball in that role - way more fun to watch than I thought, not playing D opens up his sandpaper game a lot. Booth had another good showing last night as well, really cool to see a guy work his tail off like that, but with Frk playing so well I'm guessing he only gets a GR offer, which I'm sure is all he was hoping for.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

Not a bad thing for him though to get a GR offer. Injuries with us will happen so he still might get a call up at some point.

Also the Wings game tomorrow night if on FDST, so if the locals want something to watch outside of yet another god damn NFC East prime time game, you will have the Red Wings.

Not a bad thing for him though to get a GR offer. Injuries with us will happen so he still might get a call up at some point.

Also the Wings game tomorrow night if on FDST, so if the locals want something to watch outside of yet another god damn NFC East prime time game, you will have the Red Wings.
    seriously why do they jam so many NFC East games down out throats? lol i mean, i know i know they have huge demographic fanbases or whatever, but damn it gets annoying seeing their ***** all the time

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    seriously why do they jam so many NFC East games down out throats? lol i mean, i know i know they have huge demographic fanbases or whatever, but damn it gets annoying seeing their ***** all the time
    And its not like any of them are entertaining. I could handle them on TV if they brought something to the table ala the Red Sox-Yankees used to do, when ESPN spammed them (early 2000's at least). The Giants are awful to watch, the Redskins you never know what you will get, **** the Cowboys, and Philly is meh.

Goal #2 for Rasmussen! Another PP goal too. I am hopeful the PP can translate to the regular season at least.

Mantha looking like he could be primed for a break out year (assuming he plays and isn't sat for random reasons).

Mantha looking like he could be primed for a break out year (assuming he plays and isn't sat for random reasons).
    I really doubt that. Kid could lead the team in points, he's a dominating force out there I can't wait to watch him this season.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

I'm strangely excited for this season. Maybe because the expectation to keep the streak alive is gone and we can just be young and grow and whatever happens happens?

I'll probably have the same feeling for the Tigers the next year or two, without the expectations it's nice to sit back and enjoy a bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast