Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins trade for Saints linebacker Anthony after suspending AWOL Timmons

▪ The organization suspended the veteran linebacker indefinitely just days after he bailed on the team.

▪ And hours later, they traded an undisclosed 2018 draft pick to the Saints for linebacker Stephone Anthony, a former first-round pick.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nf...174193696.html

One of the most athletic LB's to come out recently but has had a hard time with the mental game. For a 5th round pick it's worth the flyer. Low risk involved and maybe we strike gold.

Hopefully everything works out with Timmons. Dude looked great in preseason and really helped when he was blitzing.

There's the possibility of this suspension voiding his 2nd year which would get us out for free. But there's also the chance that there is something personal going on with Timmons and Gase is giving him time to clear his mind, come back in a week or two and show he's dedicated.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

2018 5th rd pick. This is a decent move. NE Patriot-esque. High ceiling, low cost. contributes on special teams immediately probably and maybe starts playing LBer possibly week 5 or 6. Maybe bring him in for more reps same week McDonald comes back.

Been seeing some people have said suspending Timmons was step one in cutting him while getting rid of his guarantees for next year. So ends up being a big hit this year but free and clear of his chunk next. He can of course work his way back on the team as Gase said today if he does the right things.

Also Gase said today that this trade had been in the works for awhile with Saints. Joe Vitt knows him well from his Saint days maybe he was the one to tell his son in law to try and get him.

The Timmons story is definitely the most interesting NFL news right now IMO...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

If Anthony can help the LB core, maybe it's redemption from all the Jeff Ireland moves...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

If Anthony can catch on with our coaching staff and shows he can play hard and tackle, he could become part of a pretty good looking LB core in 2018 if MacMillan can come back fully healthy. Kiko-Anthony-MacMillan-(maybe Timmons?). For a 5th rd pick, its a good trade. Would have rather had him 4-5 weeks ago, but still solid depth. Played great at MLB his rookie year, then was moved outside and lost favor with the coaches. Maybe he replaces Hull at MLB at some point this year?

I would trade our 5th rd pick every year for a young NFL tested player with a high ceiling like Anthony.