Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Didi Gregorius

Didi Gregorius

Let us appreciate the guy the Yanks got in that horrible trade years ago.

Didi is on the verge of setting the Yankees single season HR record for a SS. That is quite the accomplishment considering he came to the Yankees with little said about his offense. He was known for his defense and not much more. He has produced a fWAR of 2.6 or better every season as a Yankee.

Didi 2017: 3.8 fWAR, .342 wOBA, 112 wRC+, .292/.324/.491

That is legitimate above average offense from a SS. Didi also has hit over 50 HR in the last 3 seasons combined. The last time Jeter did that was 1999-2001.

Maybe not as good as Shane Greene but not bad.

Didi makes me euphorius.

I <3 Didi.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I thought about starting a thread comparing him to Jeter but thought better of it. But man, this kid, while he doesn't have the rings, has been every bit as good in the last two years. Jeter had a better bat and stole more bases but Didi is so slick in the field and he is learning how to hit each year. We got so lucky with this trade.
    Did Stradivarius Burglarious

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Dee Dee Dee Dee Dee

I admit I was wrong about Didi at the outset. He was not the player I thought should replace Jete. I was campaigning for a more high profile glove, ala Tulo, Simmons or even Lindor.

He has proved to be as good as any, if not better. He's smooth as silk with an accurate arm. His bat is equally impressive. We got a steal in the trade. I seriously doubt, even if Torres is as advertised, he will move Didi off the position.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Jeter in his prime is still the better overall player. Jeter was a great offense SS even if he didn't hit plenty of HR. He hit for a high average, got on base at a high rate, good base runner, plenty XBH.

However Didi had done a great job filling a very tough spot. The value the Yanks have gotten from him so far is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Jeter in his prime is still the better overall player. Jeter was a great offense SS even if he didn't hit plenty of HR. He hit for a high average, got on base at a high rate, good base runner, plenty XBH.

However Didi had done a great job filling a very tough spot. The value the Yanks have gotten from him so far is outstanding.
    Agree completely. Jete ranks as one of the all time greats, in the company of Wagner, Ozzie and Ripkin....more for his bat than glove however.

Didi is developing into a well rounded, very gifted player. Hard to find any weakness, save for his base running at times. I think it's safe to say we have a keeper for certain.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Speaking of Didi..... nice piece in pinstripe alley today, worthwhile read.

How did Didi Gregorius become a weapon in the Yankees’ lineup?

The Yankees shortstop turned himself into an above-average hitter without walking, swinging at better pitches, or making hard contact.
    by Kento Mizuno Sep 19, 2017, 3:00pm EDT

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2017/...rius-shortstop

Shane Greene >

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sir Didi first shortstop in Yankees history to hit 25HR in a single season.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Sir Didi first shortstop in Yankees history to hit 25HR in a single season.
    Stud

Greene would have 26 HR by now

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's even more amazing because he was out for a month as well.
    Yankees Farm System