Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Week 3: New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers

Week Three
    VS

Sunday, September 24th at 1:00 PM EST
    TV: FOX

Click For Team Stats
    Last edited by hughest4; 09-23-2017 at 08:49 AM.

I'm optimistic still and think the Saints will get the W. I mean don't get me wrong the Panthers will score close to 30 points but I think the Saints can score on them as well.

What's the deal with Vacarro?
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Looking for 0-3 here! One step closer to ending the Loomis / Payton era. Stupid of the Saints organization to give Payton that 5 year $45 million extension last year!!!

Optimism is gone. Being 0-2 the past few years to begin the season was bad but we had hope because our offense could score points. The offense looks bad now. Sooooo where is the hope?

Snead can't come back fast enough. I'm not sure what the direction is with the RB's. The Vacarro thing of being taken out but also not playing well. Fleener stepping up kinda. Defensive line issues and offensive line issues as well. There is a lot that could be said. I still have hope for a team that has Brees as QB. He's a pro and will pull it together and that's what I'm optimistic about. Not so much in Payton but in Brees. The CB's played much better as well. Pats torched the saints with TE and RB.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

I hope your right, Chaps

That's true, but the Pats were only down to 3 WRs. I think Edelman would have torched the defense.

Saints are 8th in offensive DVOA, 12th in special teams, and 31st in defense.

Anything from the defense could make this a playoff team, but I don't see it happening. At least the special teams unit looks better.

Saints get the W Saints 31 Panthers 21

We traded another good young player in Anthony watch him become a starter over there.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    That's true, but the Pats were only down to 3 WRs. I think Edelman would have torched the defense.
    I get what your saying but you can't really go there because he's injured. That would be like saying Snead would have torched Gilmore or opened it up more for Thomas and the Saints passing game would have been rolling. Its very hypothetical but I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Saints are 8th in offensive DVOA, 12th in special teams, and 31st in defense.

Anything from the defense could make this a playoff team, but I don't see it happening. At least the special teams unit looks better.
    I wasn't paying attention to last years ST rankings. What did they finish the year at? I know I was ready to kick Lutz in the *** last year for getting those damn kicks blocked.

What pick did the Saints get for Anthony? I just saw the trade but nothing specific. Wasted pick!

With the struggles on defense not sure this was the best way to go because the Saints are thin at LB now. Anthony had a solid rookie season but they moved him positions and he went to crap.
    Last edited by Chapin78; 09-19-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Last year they were in the 25th. This year one metric has them as high as 5th or as low as 14th. They've gotten better.

Run defense is ranked 12th. That's nice.

I will give Payton this: he found good special teams contributers, and it was right move to stick with Lutz.

5th Rd pick for Anthony in '18

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast