Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dak Prescott records

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott has only four interceptions in 498 career attempts. Against Denver today he can become the first QB in the history of the National Football League to have five or fewer interceptions in his first 500 career attempts.

Also, if he throws a touchdown pass today before being intercepted, he will have posted 25 career touchdowns with the fewest INTs in NFL history.

Too soon for this. Nobody likes Dak. People are still mourning the loss of Romo and can't appreciate what Dak is doing. Maybe in a few years things will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Too soon for this. Nobody likes Dak. People are still mourning the loss of Romo and can't appreciate what Dak is doing. Maybe in a few years things will be different.
    I think plenty in here like Dak... I wanted Romo last year but that doesn't mean I'm not happy about what Dak has provided us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I think plenty in here like Dak... I wanted Romo last year but that doesn't mean I'm not happy about what Dak has provided us.
    I know.... just don't think some realize we really won the lottery with this kid. He's making no money at all and doing historical things as a rookie QB.

I wouldn't agree with that at all. Every young QB is going to have a bad day, Dak isn't an exception to that rule. He ran into a super bowl caliber defense today. Also had to deal with some really back play called by and having a crap defense. Romo is gone so no need to even talk about him really. Just enjoy him calling games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I wouldn't agree with that at all. Every young QB is going to have a bad day, Dak isn't an exception to that rule. He ran into a super bowl caliber defense today. Also had to deal with some really back play called by and having a crap defense. Romo is gone so no need to even talk about him really. Just enjoy him calling games.
    So you agree with me then?
    My comment wasn't about what I thought of Dak but more about what others think of him.

So you agree with me then?
    My comment wasn't about what I thought of Dak but more about what others think of him.
    I agree 100%

I know.... just don't think some realize we really won the lottery with this kid. He's making no money at all and doing historical things as a rookie QB.
    Oh we definitely won the lottery with him. There is no doubt about it. We got about as lucky as the Colts did with Andrew Luck. We need to handle it better than they have though lol.

Did historical things as a rookie QB. But he isn't a rookie anymore and this is a what did you do for me this week game. He's not Romo, he's not going to put the team on his back and keep them in games when the D gives up 35+ points. Teams have more film on him this year and it looks like they are going to try to stop the run and make Dak beat them with his arm. Dak just needs to play within himself and he will be fine, as long as the play calling gets better!

Very poor offensive scheme by Dallas:
    - no play action until it was too late
    - where was the motion
    - why were all run plays off guard dives
    - why not try an end around to Switzer (think lucky whitehead against packers last year)
    - why not put Dez in motion occasionally etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Very poor offensive scheme by Dallas:
    - no play action until it was too late
    - where was the motion
    - why were all run plays off guard dives
    - why not try an end around to Switzer (think lucky whitehead against packers last year)
    - why not put Dez in motion occasionally etc etc etc
    They weren't very creative that's for sure, but I really fell like the game was lost by our defense early on. If we can't stop Trevor Siemian then we aren't going to win the game with how good the Denver defense is. Dak also gives slow starts virtually every game so we have to have our defense get some stops early on. We didn't really stop them without a turnover but once all game. That's not a recipe for success.

Unfortunately, I think the Green bay game in the playoffs showed what happens when a team exposes our weaknesses. The team did a good job of hiding their deficiencies for most of the regular season, but it's just not built for a shootout, especially if our secondary is picked on. The Giants looked terrible for a second game in a row, so maybe last week was a bit of a mirage. That was Trevor Freaking Simien.... I can't imagine what happens when we play Julio Jones and the Falcons, the Packers, the Chiefs and the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Unfortunately, I think the Green bay game in the playoffs showed what happens when a team exposes our weaknesses. The team did a good job of hiding their deficiencies for most of the regular season, but it's just not built for a shootout, especially if our secondary is picked on. The Giants looked terrible for a second game in a row, so maybe last week was a bit of a mirage. That was Trevor Freaking Simien.... I can't imagine what happens when we play Julio Jones and the Falcons, the Packers, the Chiefs and the Raiders.
    Well, I'm not too worried about the Chiefs if the Denver game was just an aberration. They aren't an explosive offense at all. At least Denver has weapons on the outside like Thomas and Sanders. Chiefs are weak at WR and really it's only Kelce, Hill and Hunt we need to worry about with them. I agree on being worried about Atlanta, GB and Oakland though.

They weren't very creative that's for sure, but I really fell like the game was lost by our defense early on. If we can't stop Trevor Siemian then we aren't going to win the game with how good the Denver defense is. Dak also gives slow starts virtually every game so we have to have our defense get some stops early on. We didn't really stop them without a turnover but once all game. That's not a recipe for success.
    When I saw the very first series I knew they were in for a long day. It was obvious from that first series that Garrett's game plan was to attack the Broncos strength (their secondary). That made absolutely zero sense to me. He went away from his own team's strength (the run game) which killed any chance they had to win this game. That was easily one of Garrett's worse performances as a head coach.

Well, I'm not too worried about the Chiefs if the Denver game was just an aberration. They aren't an explosive offense at all. At least Denver has weapons on the outside like Thomas and Sanders. Chiefs are weak at WR and really it's only Kelce, Hill and Hunt we need to worry about with them. I agree on being worried about Atlanta, GB and Oakland though.
    You should be worried because KC's offense is more balanced than the Broncos. They may not have the weapons at WR that Denver does but with Kelce and Hill they are no slouch. Hunt is extremely good too. KC also has a better OL than Denver. The KC secondary may not be as good as Denver's but their pass rush certainly is. Their entire front 7 is one of the best in the NFL. I'm not saying the Cowboys can't or won't beat them but it's going to be a dog fight for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast