Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stephon Marbury: NBA HOF'er?

Even though I was born and raised 10 min away, the NBA HOF process is and always has been a joke

with that being said, heres an interesting case study:

Stephon Marbury

Great player that one year in GT

Dynamic player in his prime when he was in the league

Paved the way for NBA stars to play overseas

China legend

Remember this is the National Basketball HOF and not the NBA HOF

does he get in? Does being the first marquee name to go overseas and being successful put him in the Hall?

Thoughts

First Sim League Title!

only 2 all nba's and 2 all star games. wasn't really a winner. Based on his North America achievements not even close, but the question no one can really answer is how much the voters will care about him playing in a terrible china league.

Marbury is one of my all time favorite players. I remember the breaking news at 230am he was traded to the Knicks, and waking up my Dad because I was going nuts. I'd have taken him over Kidd and Nash. However I know that he didn't affect winning as much as them. I don't think he's a HOF

Stephon Chinabury must be barred from NBA HoF

StarBury isn't a HOF.

With how WEAK the standards are for the NBA HOF, him being the first "star" to go over seas and make a name for himself and pave the way for other NBA stars to use overseas ball to get back in the league as well as using China for a global expansion brand. Because of how week the standards are, I really think he has a chance to make the NBA HOF

First Sim League Title!

Don't act like you guys didn't buy a pair of those shoes..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    If one were to say yes, it would hinge, for me, on a combination of the international play, and his ability to eat vaseline.

I mean, how many players were eating vaseline before him? No... it's a wall that's been broken.

Seriously... his international play was not 'unique' (guys like Nique and Rodman and a host of others have done that), however, he branched more into China as an emerging market.

As an NBA player strictly, I'd say no. You need more than a few All-Star games (something uniquely different qualifies, like Horry's 7 titles and big shots) to make the HOF.

And the thing that kills me is how much BETTER Phoenix and NJ got when he (an All-Star PG) was replaced by Nash and Kidd. I mean... lottery team to contender good.

Even if you take an significantly better All-Star and put him on a team in place of an All-Star, it should likely got from lottery to playoffs, or from first-round exit, to playoff run. With him, it was lottery to contention.

He was a great talent, for sure, and in his prime, he could get guys back peddling, but his efficiency was low.

I respect his approach to marketing (fawk your brand: make shoes kids can afford) and his venture into China was a trend-establishing approach that has actually helped some guys get back into the NBA. If that was the reason... I wouldn't argue.

For his NBA career alone? No. Absolutely not.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    Paved the way for washed up NBA former stars to play overseas
    Well not really, that's been going on for a while now.

Does being the first marquee name to go overseas and being successful put him in the Hall?
    The Chinese hall, sure. But in the NBA he was just a guy holding his team back from their full potential. Plus he wasn't even the biggest marquee name to start playing overseas in 2010. So did Allen Iverson.

NBA Hall of Fame? No

BASKETBALL Hall of Fame? Yes

Does being the first marquee name to go overseas and being successful put him in the Hall?
    The Chinese hall, sure. But in the NBA he was just a guy holding his team back from their full potential. Plus he wasn't even the biggest marquee name to start playing overseas in 2010. So did Allen Iverson.[/QUOTE]

It's not the NBA HOF. It's the National basketball Hall of Fame. Marbury has had an impact in the game globally

First Sim League Title!

I am the best basketball player in my Backyard League. I hold every record possible, am on a 12 year winning streak, won every championship year after year. Wher do I sign up for NBA HoF?

Quote Originally Posted by GoferKing_ View Post
    I am the best basketball player in my Backyard League. I hold every record possible, am on a 12 year winning streak, won every championship year after year. Wher do I sign up for NBA HoF?
    I want to see your league records for proof of your accomplishments.

I'm excited to see how badly his NBA comeback attempt fails.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast