Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

We have NO pitching! Fire Warthen

17th time the Mets have been shelled for 10 or more runs this season. Embarrassment all around!
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Dump SA for providing the talent.

I just looked at Bleacher Report, we currently have the 27th best farm system in baseball after bringing up Rosario and Smith. We were ranked 20th prior to their promotions.

Just goes to show what kind of talent Warthen is working with.
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

It's just pathetic at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    It's just pathetic at this point.

I never thought I would live to see a Mets team that would recall the 62-63 Mets. I mean, they really are THAT bad.

Like OMG BAD!!!!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I never thought I would live to see a Mets team that would recall the 62-63 Mets. I mean, they really are THAT bad.

Like OMG BAD!!!!
    In the three game series with the Cubs they gave up more runs than any other in club history.......39 runs!

Right now, team has worst club ERA since '62, which was 5.02.

I may be wrong, and correct me if I am, but I think we are currently at 5.20........

Under SA we've five losing seasons out of seven.....Way to go......
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

I Love NY Mets Baseball!!!!
    Mets Dieharder Since '63

Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    In the three game series with the Cubs they gave up more runs than any other in club history.......39 runs!

Right now, team has worst club ERA since '62, which was 5.02.

I may be wrong, and correct me if I am, but I think we are currently at 5.20........

Under SA we've five losing seasons out of seven.....Way to go......
    I seriously don't get how some teams are able to be consistently good. We sit here rebuilding for 5 years, watching AAAA scrubs on the field so the Wilpons can pay their electric bill meanwhile racking up some high draft picks and we get 2 years of contention. Not even 2 years, really - a good 2nd half and playoff run in 2015 and a good 2nd half in 2016.

The Yankees, meanwhile, start rebuilding and 2 years later they're loaded with more young, controllable talent than we have.

Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    I seriously don't get how some teams are able to be consistently good. We sit here rebuilding for 5 years, watching AAAA scrubs on the field so the Wilpons can pay their electric bill meanwhile racking up some high draft picks and we get 2 years of contention. Not even 2 years, really - a good 2nd half and playoff run in 2015 and a good 2nd half in 2016.

The Yankees, meanwhile, start rebuilding and 2 years later they're loaded with more young, controllable talent than we have.
    The Yankees had a lot of high ceiling/highly volatile talent in their farm system. They were then able to move their more valuable veteran assets for more young talent. It helps when guys like Judge and Sanchez blossom into franchise players.

The Mets put their eggs in the basket of pitching. This year it blew up in their face. Why teams like the Cubs will be consistently good is because they've invested mainly in building their farm system with positional player talent who are much less likely to have career impugning injury than pitchers. They spend money but most of their guys are homegrown. Baez, Bryant, Contreras, Happ, Schwarber, Russell, Almora are all their guys and the Padres gave them Rizzo for basically nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post

This is what annoys the crap out of me. After 2015 I thought the Mets would own New York for 5 more years. Were were lucky to have the one.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

And that's why those GM's have won WS in the near past. They are great at what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Yankees had a lot of high ceiling/highly volatile talent in their farm system. They were then able to move their more valuable veteran assets for more young talent. It helps when guys like Judge and Sanchez blossom into franchise players.

The Mets put their eggs in the basket of pitching. This year it blew up in their face. Why teams like the Cubs will be consistently good is because they've invested mainly in building their farm system with positional player talent who are much less likely to have career impugning injury than pitchers. They spend money but most of their guys are homegrown. Baez, Bryant, Contreras, Happ, Schwarber, Russell, Almora are all their guys and the Padres gave them Rizzo for basically nothing.
    From 2011 throuh 2015, Mets used their 1 and 1s picks on offensive talent. Can't say the Mets have not invested in positional talent.

Nimmo.
    Cecchini.
    Smith.
    Plawecki.
    Conforto.
    Lindsay.

They also signed high-profile IFA talent like Rosario, Mauricio, Gimenez, etc.

This post is not intended to defend Mets management, it is intended to correct a fallacy.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 09-15-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    From 2011 throuh 2015, Mets used their 1 and 1s picks on offensive talent. Can't say the Mets have not invested in positional talent.

Nimmo.
    Cecchini.
    Smith.
    Plawecki.
    Conforto.
    Lindsay.

I forgot Russell the Cubs acquired but the Mets took a bunch of high school kids aside from Conforto, Plawecki, and Nimmo (high school age but played Legion league) who are now finally making a major league impact. Come back in a year or two and we presumably have a good core of position player talent. That was a philosophy they chose to use.

The Cubs just drafted and developed better talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Maybe it isn't philosophy that's the problem. Maybe the Cubs and these other GMs and organizations are simply better at what they do than Alderson and the Mets.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Sandy Alderson is a puppet GM put in place by the Wilpons and MLB to keep the Mets payroll low while signing and trading for players who make it look like the Mets are competing when really the goal is to punt seasons and absorb as much cash revenue as possible.

As far as drafting, Conforto, Nimmo, and Smith look like everyday players. Cecchini to me is a bust so far and Plawecki might be our Catcher of the future if he keeps up his strong defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Dump SA for providing the talent.

I just looked at Bleacher Report, we currently have the 27th best farm system in baseball after bringing up Rosario and Smith. We were ranked 20th prior to their promotions.

Just goes to show what kind of talent Warthen is working with.
    Is that a bad thing that they brought up Rosario, the number one prospect in the game (Law)?
    When was the last time the Mets had a Number 1 prospect?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post

Nimmo.
    Cecchini.
    Smith.
    Plawecki.
    Conforto.
    Lindsay.

This post is not intended to defend Mets management, it is intended to correct a fallacy.
    Lindsay was drafted in the 2nd round.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/...#ft=round&fv=2

This post is meant to correct your mistake.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast